It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea ready to return to 6-party talks on its nuclear program, China says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

North Korea ready to return to 6-party talks on its nuclear program, China says

www.bloomberg.com

North Korea is ready to return to six-party talks on its nuclear program, China said, the third time this month that Kim Jong Un’s regime has proposed new dialogue after easing off months of harsh rhetoric.
The North is prepared for “talks of any form including the six-party talks and hopes to peacefully solve the nuclear problem through negotiations,” China’s Foreign Ministry said on its website, citing comments Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan made while meeting his Chinese counterpart in Beijing yesterday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is a fascinating article and it seems like quite a turnaround for North Korea. It adds

“It probably means exactly what it looks like -- that the North Koreans are getting nervous,” Paul Haenle, director of the Carnegie-Tsinghua Center for Global Policy in Beijing, said by phone. “If you think about what’s been happening over the last several months, China appears to be taking a tougher approach.”
and

"The Chinese foreign ministry statement quoted Kim Kye Gwan as saying that achieving a nuclear-free Korean peninsula was the “dying wish” of Kim Jong Un’s deceased father and grandfather, who ruled before him.
Mentioning that may be a way for North Korea to save face over the issue, said Dong Wang, director of the Center for Northeast Asian Strategic Studies at Peking University."

Do YOU think they're being sincere, or is this more trickery? Maybe trying to learn a thing or two from the video game Homefront?
www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-6-2013 by concernedcitizen519 because: quotes

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Speaking of Homefront game there is an allegation that Kim Jong Un is reading Mein Kampf

“Kim Jong-un gave a lecture to high-ranking officials, stressing that we must pursue the policy of Byungjin (Korean for ‘in tandem’) in terms of nuclear and economic development," an anonymous source told New Focus International by phone. "Mentioning that Hitler managed to rebuild Germany in a short time following its defeat in WWI, Kim Jong-un issued an order for the Third Reich to be studied in depth and asked that practical applications be drawn from it."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

And What even more Weird in Homefront game Kim Jong Un became a New Hitler
edit on 19-6-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Interesting...quite interesting...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I gravely fear our future for all we know North Korea could be the New Nazi Germany. When Hitler came to power the first thing he did is make the world see him as a good guy it seems Kim Jong Un is following that same trend.

A North Korean businessman told New Focus International of persistent rumours within the Pyongyang elite that Kim had made a close study of Hitler during his time at an international school in Switzerland.

It seems this has been happening for a while.

www.rawstory.com...

I pray that History don't repeat itself but however our future looks bleak
edit on 20-6-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Interesting...a useful excuse for stalling and time wasting, for several years, I suspect.

Meanwhile, behind the scenes, the North Koreans continue to develop their nuclear
weapons / delivery systems.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

More like they'll hide their nuclear weapons to get more concessions

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

You may well be right.....

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Been a long time since I seen a North Korea thread. They won't give up their nuclear power ever, but did anybody notice....North Korea's threats stopped once the Boston bombing happened? Why is that? Made me wonder if the threats were even actually happening.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
They'll attend the meeting, then walk out almost immediately due to a perceived insult or threat from the "South Korean puppet government".

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm surprised there hasn't been more reports about this yet. I guess they're waiting to see if NK is being sincere or not. Maybe you guys are right and he's up to no good. It certainly wouldn't surprise me. Life has a strange way of imitating art. Or is it art that imitates life? Either way, things are shaping up to potentially look just like the story for the Homefront game...and that's kind of freaky.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I hope everyone just tells them tp piss off..................they have blown any chance of being part of our world now..........

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
just part of the cycle till whoever is in charge of DPRK has one too many shandy's again declares destruction again, nothing happens again, china/russia detox the leader again and agree to get him around a table again.
then the leader of DPRK sees a can of tennants super strength and the cycle starts again.
usually every 4 to 6 months you will find.

top topics

join