It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God bless Amerika" Lil Wayne tramples american flag in his video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Lol....yes and yes. It's been a long time wolf. Glad to see you are still around.

Hah, I don't really have anywhere else to go. Kicking over hornets nests, one at a time.

link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Humanity is imperfect. Accepting that which we cannot change, but moving forward is what's important to me. Regardless, I disagree with your "fix". Many people have boldly and bravely put there lives on the line for others. That is what makes this country great, those who may disagree with you, but would fight for your rights regardless.

i agree that it is imperfect, but continuing the policies of nation building as a means to make money and gain power at the expense of human life is not "moving forward".

the indians, slavery, civil war, sinking of the lusitania as a pretext to enter WWI, forcing germany to take all the blame for WWI thereby paving the way for WWII, the panama canal (we trained and funded a group to overthrow the government, killing tens of thousands in the process, because the government of the sovereign nation didn't want the canal built), arming the middle east, those that died on 9/11, our continued funding of terrorist groups, and shipping arms to syria (simply because we would benefit if we could install our own dictator in syria).

i've missed a lot. a ton could be said, but these are all events that built our nation by killing and taking.

link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

reply to post by Ghost375

Who is the jackass? Have YOU listened to the lyrics of his songs? Yeah, he is a role model for sure. I'm so glad our youth have lil Wayne to look up to!

*snip*

I'm not against government, i'm against a lot of the things they do but i'm in no way an anarchist.

Mod edit: removed quote of mannered post.
edit on 20-6-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Jesus H Christ!

It's not an anarchist song. I said "the government" not "government."

I don't know why I'm wasting time talking to someone who will comment and criticize something they haven't listened to.

That's the definition of ignorance!

Stay ignorant ATS!

edit on 19-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Who is the jackass? Have YOU listened to the lyrics of his songs? Yeah, he is a role model for sure. I'm so glad our youth have lil Wayne to look up to!

*snip*

We're not criticizing the song, but the artist and what he did in this part of the video.
But, It's a Lil Wayne song, so it's not like it's worth a listen anyways.
edit on 19-6-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

Mod edit: removed quote of mannered post
edit on 20-6-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

This is all true....and all beside the point. Those before us fought for our rights. It is us that's allows the wrongdoings of our government. We have a voice, unfortunately it most resembles a whisper.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

but not bothering to understand the context is making you all look like buffoons, to those of us that do understand the context.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Havox

but not bothering to understand the context is making you all look like buffoons, to those of us that do understand the context.

Every song I've heard by him has no meaning, so unless he's changed his music style I doubt it's any good. I guess i'll give it a listen if you think it actually has some meaning, care to link me?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
"gettin' head in the oval office, i change the stars on the flag into crosses"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3nLiGhT3n
"gettin' head in the oval office, i change the stars on the flag into crosses"

Are these lyrics to the song? Why am I not surprised?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Who says all of ATS is against the government?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You know, I find it funny that we get upset over someone "trampling" an American flag but if the outrage were consistent, we would be mad that you can buy a flag at Wal Mart for the price of a Whopper and the flag was probably made in China, India or Taiwan.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

This is all true....and all beside the point. Those before us fought for our rights. It is us that's allows the wrongdoings of our government. We have a voice, unfortunately it most resembles a whisper

i do not see how it is not relevant. we've fought for our rights once (after nearly wiping out the people who lived here, and while enslaving others). then what? constant killing for our own interests. this is why our nation is so prosperous, because we took it from others. not just once in the past, but throughout our entire history.

the unwilling deaths that "served" our nation far outweigh the willing deaths, and most of the willing deaths occurred when we killed the unwilling. that is what our flag represents, and i want no part of it. it shouldn't be glorified, nor forgotten.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
From the perspective of an outsider looking in this is pretty rediculous. Viewing somebody using a flag as a table decoration as a blasphemy? So what if someone stands on a flag accidently?? Im sure its not the worst thing that could happen, especially when the flag in question represents death and misery to many.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

If those atrocities are what the flag represents to you then that is your right. It's not what it represents to me, and many others. I understand your point of view, we are an imperfect nation of imperfect people, hopefully many others still refuse to give up on this country.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It's not what it represents to me, and many others.

you said the flag represents the sacrifices that made our nation great, and my point was that if your supposition is true, then the flag is not something any decent person would wish to support.

the acts i listed are not a matter of opinion, nor are their effects on making our nation "great", therefore there is no room to claim "that's just your opinion".

i continue to posit that this is one of the smallest things that we should be outraged about. it is his right to freedom of expression, and in attacking him for this, you trample the flag in your own way. have you considered that? (i do not mean this as an insult in any way, or an attempt to "one up" you. merely pointing it out.)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It was not a proper use for the flag and it was also allowed to fall to the ground. But then what would a bunch of rappers know about flag etiquette.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

People snapped, they were like "Hey buddy, my dad died for that flag"

"Really?...I bought mine...They sell 'em in K-Mart..."

"yeah..He died in Korea for that flag"

"Wow, what a coincidence. Mine was made in Korea... the world is THAT big man..."

No-one, and I repeat NO-ONE has ever died for a flag. A flag is a piece of cloth, they might have died for freedom, which, by the way, is the freedom to....Burn the.. #ing flag you see??..Burning the flag doesn't make freedom go away, it's kinda like Free-dom ok?..ok.

I don't wanna burn a flag, but what business is it of mine if you do?

Bill Hicks

Anyone who wants to stop someone walking on the flag is going against what it stands for in the first place.

Do you understand?

edit on 19-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ask an Indian (feather, not dot) what that flag means to him, and you'll get a more accurate representation of its symbolism than from anyone else.

"That flag represents those who have died so that you have the right to say that." Yawn. Those people died, although they probably meant well but had been horribly manipulated, for the agenda of those who have built their wealth and power through the exploitation and suffering of humanity.

All that aside, this is production footage from a music video. That's all. Get over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join