It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God bless Amerika" Lil Wayne tramples american flag in his video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Outrage swirled as a video of rapper Lil Wayne trampling on an American flag was released on the Internet. Wayne defended his actions in a post on Facebook.

"It was never my intention to desecrate the flag of the United States of America. I was shooting a video for a song off my album entitled 'God Bless Amerika'. The clip that surfaced on the Internet was a camera trick clip that revealed that behind the American Flag was the Hoods of America," he said. "In the final edit of the video you will see the flag fall to reveal what is behind it but will never see it on the ground."

Last week the Home and Garden network received complaints about using an American flag as a table decoration.

It is the editorial position of The Truth Is Viral that the American flag is not a table decoration, and regardless of what the end product of Lil Wayne's video may look like, it is never OK to purposely let an American flag touch the ground, much less trample on it.

edit on 19-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jun 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed external quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
He is a moron, and a puppet. Some, myself included, believe he is yet another mouthpiece for something sinister.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I was reading this the day before. Lil Wayne is an entertainer and like the majority of them they would do anything for attention. Controversy breeds attention and today it doesn't matter if they're on drugs or doing something else stupid. I just wish there would be entertainers who do things celebrating then doing something stupid and obscene.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Idiot. Stomping the flag is a great way to drive people away. Maybe they should bring back "Celebrity Deathmatch" and put him in the ring with Ted Nugent... that, I would watch.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
does the flag even represent what you think it does anymore anyways?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

To me it stands for all of those that sacrificed their lives so that we can the opportunities we have today.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

To me it stands for all of those that sacrificed their lives so that we can the opportunities we have today.

was their sacrifice manipulated into what we have today?

we may have opportunities, but are they worth the moral sacrifice we make daily in their name?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Looking at the video, he doesn't seem to be "trampling" the flag on purpose.

In the video they're producing, you're supposed to see him rapping in front of the flag, then it drops to reveal the "Hoods of America" in the background... You're not supposed to see the ground around his feet in the actual video.

I think it's simply that the cameras were rolling, the flag dropped at the spot he's supposed to stand on, he continued rapping without realizing he was walking on the flag. They're probably thinking "Time is money! Get get all the takes as fast as we can!" and no one's even thinking about the flag, it's only a prop to them.

I can see how some might get upset though, it's a touchy subject as the flag represents a lot.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I've always hated his music. He's an idiot with no talent, and some how he has tons of fans. Mostly teens wearing swag shirts and snapbacks who try to fit in, he's not a good artist whatsoever. Now he disgraces the flag in a video? People have fought to defend this country and that flag, and to see someone disgrace it like this makes me sick.

edit on 19-6-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

To me it stands for all of those that [unwillingly] sacrificed their lives so that we can the opportunities we have today.

fixed it for you.

our nation's prosperity is built on the suffering and death of others.

i don't listen to rap, and i don't care for celebrities, but there are much more pressing matters to make noise about than this.
edit on 19-6-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I agree that there are problems, but we can fight (peacefully) to bring about change because of those who stood up to oppression before us. It isn't easy, but it is still possible. Think of the challenges that were faced by our forefathers! They couldn't do it all for us until the end of time. We must carry the mantle into the future.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Humanity is imperfect. Accepting that which we cannot change, but moving forward is what's important to me. Regardless, I disagree with your "fix". Many people have boldly and bravely put there lives on the line for others. That is what makes this country great, those who may disagree with you, but would fight for your rights regardless.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Dear OP, you and bobby there in the vid have done EXACTLY what mr attention seeker wanted you to do.
You have talked of him, yep you guys are feedin the troll.

Just like other "celebrities" who speak out or do things you do not approve of, just ignore them and they will go away in time.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Sure, since ignoring things always makes them go away! That's part of the problem nowadays. We turn a blind eye to too much.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Who is the jackass? Have YOU listened to the lyrics of his songs? Yeah, he is a role model for sure. I'm so glad our youth have lil Wayne to look up to!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
He is a moron, and a puppet. Some, myself included, believe he is yet another mouthpiece for something sinister.

Lil Wayne or Obama?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Lol....yes and yes. It's been a long time wolf. Glad to see you are still around.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I was reading this the day before. Lil Wayne is an entertainer and like the majority of them they would do anything for attention. Controversy breeds attention and today it doesn't matter if they're on drugs or doing something else stupid. I just wish there would be entertainers who do things celebrating then doing something stupid and obscene.

I can agree with that sentiment. Just take a look at how many make it into the spotlight using illicit drugs or getting arrested for drunk driving. Theyre not exactly the greatest role models in the world.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You know, I thought that our men and women in the armed forces died to protect out right to do such things. We may not like what other people do with their freedoms, but thank God we have that right.

We should be glad we live in a country that you can do that if you so choose.

I think George Carlin said it best:

I leave symbols to the symbol-minded

edit on 19-6-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join