It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand on MSNBC Mocking Media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Here's a fun video, Russell Brand on MSNBC's talk show "Morning Joe" there to talk about his new comedy tour but ends up making the anchors nervous and look foolish because they don't know how to have a real conversation with a person and Russell does a great job of letting them know that.

Btw, Russell's world tour includes Palestine. Yeah, Palestine. The man has big ones.

I see this has already been posted. Search fail. Time to lock.
edit on 18-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Ok I am not that big of a Brand fan because I haven't seen any of his stand up. However the way (HE) handled those talking heads was Intelligent and hilarious. They set themselves up as fools only to be shot down by Brand in a non-rehearsed conversation all while pointing out why they are redundant and unnecessary.

BRILLIANT!
edit on 18-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

America needed some British intervention...Thank god it came from Russell!!!
edit on 18-6-2013 by ScorchedFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
just for the 'oh-why-not' of it-- isn't that blonde the same reporter as in thisss old video from '10?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Brand has more talent in his pinkie finger than all 3 of them combined.

I'm not a fan of the guy cuz I always thought he was a bit crude.

But it's just an act I see. The guy is extremely smart and talented.

He could probably tear Rush & Limbaugh a new one.

And they should replace Piers with Brand. It would make for better television.
edit on 18-6-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Brilliant. Loved it.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Russell Brand on MSNBC's talk show "Morning Joe"

I can't stand Brand and I REALLY can't stand anyone on 'Morning Joe'.
(especially that Mika ditz). So I will pass on watching this.
I don't think my stomach could take it. I just ate and don't want to

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

That was awesome , they couldn't have looked more scared if a lion was prowling the studio ...It makes me proud to be British

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I like Brand. Enjoyed the video

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

He could probably tear Rush & Limbaugh a new one.

I've never been the praying type, but I'm going to start praying for that to happen. That would be priceless as Rush has only a few working synapses.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Absolutely AMAZING! Who knew! He is so intelligent and calls it like he sees it.

The female anchors got his total slam of network news, interestingly the male anchor was absolutely clueless. The body language of the females told me they got the total put down. WOW

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
George Carlin would be proud!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I'm right there with you - I can't stand Russell Brand either, and I have no idea who these anchors are, nor what the Morning Joe program is all about...

however...

I watched the video, so I have the right to comment in this thread, and I gave Russell a standing ovation for the way he carried himself!

Originally posted by grey580
Brand has more talent in his pinkie finger than all 3 of them combined. But it's just an act I see. The guy is extremely smart and talented.
Well said!

His onstage/onscreen buffoonery is just an act - I get it! He's a sharp, intelligent individual who did well in this little segment.

The talking heads were exposed for being exactly what they are --- TALKING HEADS with ZERO inner dialogue.

I applaud Russell Brand for showing up the way he did... that was absolutely refreshing to see! Yes, George Carlin would be proud!

Thanks for sharing Swills!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Brand sometimes appears in The Guardian. Usually worth a read.

www.guardian.co.uk...

He's quite liberal so won't be to everyone's tastes, I don't think.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That was great,

I wasn't a fan of his or of his type of humour, but recently I think he matured a bit (if you can call it that, lol), and he seems to be very intelligent and aware of what's going on in the world today and he knows how the media circus works first hand.
He has fun challenging people and doesn't give a damn of what they might think of him, thats great nowadays.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Posted this on the other two threads on this topic as I don't know which is going to remain......

You think that's funny, watch this..... Westbro Baptist Church..meet Russell!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think he could have walked out of the studio with blondie in blue.

2nd.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nice clip. They had no idea of his inner meaning.
The Baptist church one is very very good also.

I love Brand, think he is in your face but sincere. Crude but honest. Intimidating but gentle.

His messiah Complex is a fabulous topic and some of the destinations he is travelling to you would presume would cause a stir!

I actually think he does have a messiah complex he battles, in a way, possibly the Jerusalem Complex. I dont think it coincidence that many have asked if he is Jesus and that he skirts around the spiritual a lot and now this.

But hey, I dont like to judge or presume something on somebody Im actually glad he sees the world in the way he does, he is a real eye opener and a very interesting guy; I hope he can stay positive and enlightening.

Would love to be at one of his more touchy locations with him I have thoughts of it being pretty nuts, borat in america in a whole new level.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Thanks for joining in on something you won't be joining in on!!!

Anyway, Russell Brand is a legend already. A fantastic, intellectual comedian. An average actor, let's be honest, but studios like his look so he is forgiven by them and continuously being offered roles.

He is also a brilliant radio presenter, who overstepped the mark by disrespecting Andrew Sachs, by ridiculing him on his radio show, intiamting what he had got up to with his Grand Daughter. That alone split the nation and the tabloids had a field day.

However, I think we are yet to see the Real Russell Brand and I look forward to seeing which direction he goes next.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Get up off your knees, wipe your lips. I have not forgotten this knave interjecting his alien view on American politics during and award ceremony. Never forget those that have paid the ultimate price for your freedom, but most importantly, never forgive those that made them pay up.

m.funnyordie.com...

If I knew how to embed the video, I would.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join