It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand on MSNBC Mocking Media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I am just going to copy and paste what I replied in the other Russell Brand thread -

ah I remember Russell Brand from years an years ago, one of his first tv presenting jobs was presenting music videos on 'MTV select' . I used to watch it all the time, then Russell came to do the show live in an Osama Bin Laden costume the day after september 11. He got fired for that pretty quickly! he also had his drug dealer with him in the studio.

I find it interesting that Americans like him.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

he also had his drug dealer with him in the studio.

Sure Russell had his demons, but he fought them and is working hard, very hard at having to continue to fight them.

I think it's fair to acknowledge his regrets, I know he has attempted to educate the people on the problems that face people who have dabbled with narcotics, by making the documentary hilighting this fact.

However, he isn't afraid to question things.,the video of his appearance on MSNBC certainly demonstrates this. He will be a force to be reckoned with, afterall he probably won't be invited back on to a mainstream channel soon? Maybe he will, as the presenters really are too dense to appreciate what is happening during his appearances.
edit on 19/6/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
this is just absolute gold, he completely shreds them and makes a mockery out of them, but he doesnt do it with malice, you can see him getting weirded out by their odd behavior, and he nails it on the head exactly what they are up to and how rediclulous it all is.

Ive never been a huge fan of Russel Brand, not because i find him overly crass or anything im quite well known for my lack of care fo saying shocking things at times, but you have to give credit where credit is due, he is clearly a very intelligent man.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't care for him, but I have to give credit where it is due... brilliant. Watching them squirm with no basic comprehension of what he was actually saying... says a lot for the intelligence of the media pool...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There is more to Russel Brand than comedic facade.
These people clearly don't have the mental capacity to spar with him - most media commentators don't.

There is a serious undertone to a lot of his comedy in a similar vein to George Carlin where he is attempting to wake his audience up, to get them to ask the right question and look through the veil of stupidity - we have been conditioned against this for more than a generation.

edit on 19-6-2013 by trouble_every_day because: more to add

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Willie Brand was awesome.

edit on 19-6-2013 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Hadn't seen this video clip yet, so thank you. I enjoy Brand most of the time.....he is very intelligent and has some depth to him that makes him worth being on stage. I wish more media personalities had that depth to them.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Anchor dude was all " I can't understand a thing he says ".
I believe that's what happens when you use words like manners
in any news room.

I think they were playing up the nervous look a bit.
edit on 20-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
That was hilarious, Russel Brand exposed them for the nervous agenda driven idiots they are, he's a pretty smart guy, it just kinda reflects how controlled the mainstream media is, haha MSNBC is owned by General Electric which is owned by the Rockefellers

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com

Think this is a nice article. I think he is trying to say that it is easy for someone mocking the system just to tell them they are stupid and imitate them in a childish sense.

But Brand does it so well, and he raises great points and shows an understanding of what he is saying, its the presenters who have no idea. Brand also states I think that he would prefer not to reveal the scope of his Messiah Complex tour. Im glad he did even though I am intrigued by it

What do you think his tour will be about?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That was brilliant! I for one, can enjoy his comedy. ITs quite clear he is an intelligent indiviudal, with alot of knowledge on whats going on in the world, and good moral understanding of how one should be and carry on throughout life.

I REALLY liked when he took over - imitating a news anchor - and brought up Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning (right name?). By allowing the audience to perceive him as a fun and silly character - he is bringing these topics to the forefront of their minds. He's very clever and knows exactly what he is doing, while being likeable and positive about the entire experience.

The Bible guys video - he handled quite well too. Less Pierce Morgan, and more Russel Brand!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

He's quite liberal so won't be to everyone's tastes, I don't think.
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Well, isn't that THE main problem with human interaction? People congregate to their own clubs and never really consider or discuss different views in anything but an argumentative, puffed chest manner.

"Liberal" and "conservative" are labels used by the intellectually lazy. Everyone is a mix of these terms... everyone. The definition of these two terms aren't even agreed on and thus, aren't really known... so that's a starting point.

I know this was a throw-away post offered in an unconsidered manner, but it congealed a thought.

People are going to have to stop waving flags representing their teams and realize we are the team at some point here in the near future. That goes doubly for the elite... as there is actually no such thing as "elite" in the macro sense.

And Brand is talented at appearing talentless. And partisan fighting kills the boredom for some... it's just that it's getting serious and is a total non-issue.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Micha Brezhinski is the daughter of Zbignew Brezhinski.

Zbignew is total New World Order scum, and his daughter is a media puppet.

Russel had better watch his behind. Zbignew is cold, calculated killer.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSpanishArcher
reply to post by grey580

He could probably tear Rush & Limbaugh a new one.

I've never been the praying type, but I'm going to start praying for that to happen. That would be priceless as Rush has only a few working synapses.

Seriously? Do you really think Rush Limbaugh has only a few working synapses? I don't think anyone who has so many followers and supporters is as dumb as you would hope for. I would look in the mirror for a lack of working synapses...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Teabags

Just because there are loads of stupid people who think he's telling them truth or anything close to it doesn't mean he's anything other than a good propagandist. Maybe using that phrase wasn't the most accurate but he's someone who, IMO, should never ever be listened to by anyone.

Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber are wildly popular, doesn't mean they make good music. Quite the contrary, I'd say.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join