It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically Modified Organisim sign posted above my farm.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Wasn't sure where to put this so I chose general. Apparently yesterday a truck went up the logging road that runs up the mountain behind my property. The road has had a rope put across it with a printed metal sign that states the following...

Posted No Trespassing Warning: Genetically Modified Organism Experiments Underway. Do Not Hunt, Trap, or Come into Contact with Wildlife. [email protected]

I did an internet search on the bosco bit and found nothing. I have cattle that run that fence line as well as hunt my property, and I own appx 80-100 acres of forest next to the area thats been blocked. I tried the upload for the pic but kept getting an error will have it up shortly.

Has anyone heard of this or ran into it before by chance? I have my concerns and would love any info anyone has. The location of my place is in southwest va and I can be more specific if it will help.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 17-6-2013 by drivers1492 because: adding pic

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Wow, I hope that you are able to find some more information. Seems like if they have that kind of warning that they should have at least pre-warned the nearby property owners. My biggest question would be what effect this is going to have on you and your cattle. Best of luck finding answers. I live in southern most part of WV so I am very interested in what you find.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

Thanks I did send an email asking for more information and my concerns for my livestock as well as the fact I do hunt the adjacent woods. I will update with any reply I receive. I can't seem to find anything really related to bosco mutagenics or variation of it. Seems they would at least inform adjacent property owners just out of respect but I forget that just how I was raised and not others.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I guess the fools running the experiment and who posted the sign aren't smart enough to know that wildlife doesn't READ and have no respect for boundary lines that mark property.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I would want some answers if my family lived there.

Somebody has to know something.

My BS meter just pegged. Even the email addy sounds scary.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Could you try to find out who owns the property by going to county records? I wouldn't trust anything that the person you emailed might have to say......

At least by finding out who owns the property, it might give you more of a clue as to who is up to what...

I am very interested in hearing what you find out on this.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

lol who penned the pot leaf?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

That property was bought by a guy up north and logged maybe 18 years back lil more I don't really remember. My father knows who the guy is that owns it but he hasn't replied to me yet. I take most everything people say with a toss of salt mixed in.

reply to post by Lysergic

I know nothing of said leaf......

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Have you called the County Sheriff? As shady as that sign is, I would. Perhaps the sheriff has access to track down who has that email address......

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

No I haven't contacted anyone yet figured I would see what I could find out tonight and make call in the morning. Whoever put it in also dug and placed new 4x4 treated posts so it wasnt the "boys on the hill" they would have tied that crap to the trees.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
One other thing to note. That road is actually an old county road used back through the 1800's. Its still on the books as a public county road. So by law a land owner cannot block through traffic without the county approving it. The other part of it runs down across the river and there was a big fight when some property owners put fencing across that section and they had to add gates there and could not post no trespassing signs on it since it a public road.(even though no one uses it but a couple hill folk looking for ginseng)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think you should of found a ATS forum.

This thing deserves everybody's attention.

IMHO...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Flagging &S so we can keep an eye on this thread. Looking forward to see what you can discover. I fervently hope it does no harm to the environment and to people in the surrounding area.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm wondering if the hunters in the area ignore ordinary No Trespassing signs and someone decided to create signage that would make people think twice before trespassing.

Mutagenic experiments with wildlife in an environment that cannot be controlled? Not likely

I'd be looking into neighbors with healthy funny bones.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Seems sketchy to me, using a gmail account as your business email is usually reserved for small time single person business...

It almost seems like they want to keep people away and are using scary sounding verbiage to do so. One can only wonder what someone could be doing out in the woods and want people to stay away that bad...

DC

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Anyone with the resources to do that type of research would use
a non Gmail account most likely, those who perpetuate scams and the like love
to use gmail for their scams, i highly doubt that's a legitimate sign
honestly, someone might be playing a prank or this was their
way of getting back at the man.

there again it may be some super secret government black
ops project, the best security is after all to not make it look
like its being protected, a simple sign goes a long way as
evidence by this thread and all of our thoughts lol
edit on 18-6-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Nothing new this morning but I wanted to point out I'm in agreement about the gmail being sketchy as well as not being able to find anything relating to the name used. I do find it odd that new posts were put in for the sign to be put up. I spoke with a lady that lives up above me and she said the truck looked like a utility vehicle. Not suv but utility as in county utilities. I'm scrolling through county services this morning and will be calling a few to see if I can find any information pertaining to it. My father called late last night and said he knows the police chief pretty well from church and the lodge and he would call him this morning. He also said the contact information of the owner of the property is in his office and to go look for it......that is a feat to undertake as its piled with paperwork lol. But, I might get lucky.
Hopefully this is simply some bs sign from someone that has leased the property for hunting and thought this sign would be more restrictive than a normal one. I will update as I find out anything. Thanks for everyones input.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
interesting .. along with odd .. almost sounds like a government project from the eggheads at darpa or one of the alphabet agencies attempting to be sneaky .. curious to see what you find out .. s&f

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
E-mail the pic to a local news station, let them do the legwork in search of a story.....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm skeptical and believe this might be a hoax sign...

Scientific experiments taking place adjacent to open farms and cattle....and a sign
with a warning like that don't mix together.

There's no control at all and you weren't contacted by anyone...

I smell a rat...I think there is an ulterior motive for the sign...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join