It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Defends NSA Spying

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Cabin

You do realize that it wouldn't take a genius to smuggle a bomb or weapon onto a plane right? Our current measures only prevent doing so with standard weapons. One could easily fabricate a weapon's parts and integrate those into common everyday items that would go right through the carry on scanner, then assemble the weapon once onboard. So, if ineffective, why endure the unnecessary steps of our security measures?

Anyone trying to do something on a plane these days is going to get pounded by the passengers the moment they make such a move. That's still the BEST security measure, and I'm sure the terrorists are well aware of it these days.

Do you know how many people are snagged at security a day in US airports with weapons, including bombs?

several dozen on an average day, just sayin, I spent a lot of time looking for those things.

The only reason you have your unenlightened perspective is because our society does not have to experience
drunk nut bags regularly pulling guns on domestic flights.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Can somebody please put together a real simple video of quotes about how the NDAA wasn't going to be passed, and if it was it was going to be vetoed. Then highlight all stipulations in the Patriot Act, NDAA, etc. (and haven't there been a couple more since?) that take away any person-who-was-created-equal's rights to trial, privacy, etc. then point out a couple instances where we've unmistakenly been lied to, like WMDs or ______. (You see another reason why I'd like someone who's also more informed and organized than I, as I don't personally know many examples. Just what I've heard or seen, here or there.) Please include the stockpiling of ammo and stuff with some stats. Uh... What else?... Drones?... I dunno. But anywho, then ask someone important or the audience, I guess, if they feel comfortable with being listened to. I don't have much to hide, but if I'm not getting a trial and can be detained indefinitely (nah, that's crazy, right?!) or killed or whatever, I want privacy to leave room for jokes, intimacies, releasing frustrations, being hot under the collar momentarily, typing this comment, etc. I don't really wanna be watched. Why does it feel creepy if someone is caught looking in your windows.... Whoops. Getting sidetracked, maybe? Getting tired at least.

I guess I'm done rambling. Let me know if you make that vid!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They don't care. TPTB has revealed themselves. He lied. He said in his 2008 campaign that he would not trust a govt that spies on it's people. Now look where we are. It only took a few years too, now, imagine what more can be done in the next few he has left.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have come to the conclusion now that all of these things have surfaced about our country and the police state we are fully heading into, that people who choose to go to the airport and allow a body scanner to radiate them, or an agent to molest them are in full support of it to begin with. Complacency is their acceptance to these laws which treat us like we are criminals.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
reply to post by neo96

It is really stupid reading through these posts. Your attacking Obama for a program started by G.W Bush/Cheney and was allready being refined and legalities sorted out from 2001 on.

Obama has been in the White House as acting president since 2009 and has had almost four years to rescind the patriot act and other spy programs that Bush started, buuuut, he has chosen to continue and expand them. So what this means is, Obama had the choice to stop these programs and didn't. He wants them in place and bigger than ever.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well it certainly does not make sense to blame Obama for the expanded police state. Sure he knew about it.. Yes he campaigned on transparency and shutting down the spy programs. Lets be clear he ran into a juggernaut. These programs are not authorized by him. There are secret courts that decide what is what.

Let me use another example from 1944. What if there had been an election that year. One person ran a normal race. The other person ran on transparency and ending the war. Lets just hypothetically say person 2 wins. Do they they expose the Manhatten project? Do they try and shut it down even though it might save lives and end WW2? Of course not. Prism was the most tightly controlled secret we have had in a long long time. Many people are convinced that it saves lives and stops attacks.

Personally I do not want to sacrifice my privacy which is supposedly guareenteed me in the Bill of Rights for any reason.

I just think you are blaming the wrong person. Blame Gen Alexander. Blame members of Congress who authorized this. Blame members of Senate oversight committees for not asking the right questions. It is not Obamas fault. What if he did shut the program down and we were attacked? You think he wants that as his legacy. Obama is a figurehead. He is one part of our 3 part system of Govt. He does not decide as much as you think. It is decided by the judicial or legislative branches.

Btw. In case you had not noticed... Republicans have not played ball with Obama in 6 years. Refusing to discuss almost any of his agenda. If Obama had wanted to shut the program down I doubt he had enough votes. He obviously does not have public support as 2 out if 3 Americans do not care if they are spied on.
edit on 19-6-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

Obviously you want to blame Obama for everything anyhow so I am barking up the wrong tree asking you to think logically.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

Originally posted by GArnold
reply to post by neo96

It is really stupid reading through these posts. Your attacking Obama for a program started by G.W Bush/Cheney and was allready being refined and legalities sorted out from 2001 on.

Obama has been in the White House as acting president since 2009 and has had almost four years to rescind the patriot act and other spy programs that Bush started, buuuut, he has chosen to continue and expand them. So what this means is, Obama had the choice to stop these programs and didn't. He wants them in place and bigger than ever.

Actually you are not correct. The Patriot act was reauthorized in 2011

On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011,[2] a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act:[3]roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves" — individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.[4]
more restrictive than before. He has not expanded anything. Technology leaps have allowed for the expansion.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I get the feeling a vast amount of people on this thread do not understand how Govt works. Because Obama wants something does not make it so. He cannot issue a royal decree. He would have to have vast public support to even consider broaching this subject. It is then decided by Senate and House votes. He would most likely need a super majority to win. With 0 republican support he does not have the votes . If Congress did do something it would be up to the Judical branch to decide legality of it all.

One of my biggest complaints about this is the FISA court. It operates in secret and is really not accountable to anyone as far as I can tell. Out of 1800 decisions last year they restricted the Govt a grand total of 0 times.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sometimes, i think im wasting my time with the few things i type here oron fb, but then i rest easy because at least there is SOMEBODY reading my posts! Thanks NSA!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Every one in this thread and everyone in washington is playing the blame game. its not rocket science either.

Obama does not want to end up dead and who can blame him. They all get paid to push the nwo agenda.

The politicians that get 1% of the vote and no financial assistance are the real deal.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

President Obama Defends NSA Spying
He can do that,but there are ways of escaping that.

For example on internet you can open different accounts with false info after and only after you have injected false info in other places.

Of course they will say that they know who you are but relate everything you post on internet to facts and people which you never meet in your life.

This corroborated with more than three legal fake ID's and they can track you for 100 years.

By legal fake ID's understanding ,for example to buy ID's from mental hospitals from corrupt managers,ID's of people mentally ill,incarcerated for many many years and of which trace has been lost.

This corroborated with the bribe to police when you renew your ID and adress and everything will be legal.

But you must have at least three of those to alternate them.

Even with sattelite photos and extreme advance surveillance they will be on the wrong track.

And from seven billion people hard to find which....what...when.

Well on the ground is another problem.

The last one who tracked me ,I knew he was comming,and I was there for him where expected to study me.

He has bought some cigs and he was recognisable because of his shoes as I was informed.

I act the way they expected to make them not have a hint.

After that the order for my men was to liquidate him.

But it was too risky and very dangerous at that moment,lucky him.

This for all I can tell is ...they are so low and.....meh .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join