It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities Search Michigan Field for Jimmy Hoffa Body

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Authorities Search Michigan Field for Jimmy Hoffa Body

abcnews.go.com

Authorities today were searching a field in Michigan for the body of former Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa, the latest in a decades-long string of searches for the missing labor leader who disappeared nearly 38 years ago.
Investigators started digging in a field in Oakland Township after a search warrant was issued in the case. The search area, according to ABC News Detroit affiliate WXYZ, is near land that was once owned by suspected mobsters. Approximately 20 federal agents focused their search Monday morning on one spot in the center of the field.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Pretty interesting turn in the search for the body of Jimmy Hoffa. The investigators were granted a search warrant which in this case is significant cause they probably believe that his body is buried there. Tip was given from Tony Zirilli, an underboss of the Detroit Mafia.

I will be watching this because I find it interesting that he would be found after all these years. Locomotive Engineers, belong to the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen or BLET Union, which is directly under the control of the Teamsters Union, and of course Hoffa used to be the boss of the Teamsters.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-6-2013 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Buried under a cement slab where a barn stood.
I hope they find him and its not another wild goose chase.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Buried under a cement slab where a barn stood.
I hope they find him and its not another wild goose chase.

I agree. I think this is the best chance so far we have to finding the body and putting this mystery to bed. I always thought he was burried in the nevada desert somewhere or somewhere else from the Goodfella's movie!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

OAKLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich., — The latest search for former Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa, who disappeared in 1975 in what law enforcement officials believe might have been an organized crime hit, brought investigators on Monday to an overgrown vacant field in suburban Detroit. A bulldozer drove onto the property and video shot from a helicopter by Detroit television station WDIV showed FBI agents with shovels digging at the ground in a bid to find the remains of the union leader, whose dramatic life story inspired the 1992 movie “Hoffa,” starring Jack Nicholson. FBI special agent Robert D. Foley confirmed the search on a property in Oakland Township about 45 miles north of Detroit, but declined to provide further details. “Because this investigation is an open investigation and because the search warrant is sealed, I will not be able to provide any additional details regarding our activity here this morning,” Foley told reporters gathered at the site. The property is being searched because Tony Zerilli, 85, the son of reputed former Detroit mob boss Joseph Zerilli, told WDIV in January that Hoffa, 62, was buried there.

Source

Looks like we got to wait because its an active investigation.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

That last I had heard was that Someone making a Death Bed confession indicated that his remains could be found at a crematorium.

That was supposed to be credible.

Apparently Not.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Hopefully those choppers will catch them taking a body away from the scene at least. MSM will be all over that if they do.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
why waste the money on Hoffa...Go find a Missing Child for God sake....seems like a publicity stunt from the FBI here...let him rot wherever he may be...i'm sure he wasn't a nice "wise Guy" anyway....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I wouldn't say its a waste. I think that with the body maybe they can get some evidence about who killed him. It's still a murder investigation right? Or has someone gone to jail for his murder already? I'm not sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I might think that after this period of time that his body is done rotting.

At this point I think it is based on Principal.

I hope it is him that they are digging up because that would give us a Hell of a Distraction from All of the Lies we have been hearing on the news as of late.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135

I wouldn't say its a waste. I think that with the body maybe they can get some evidence about who killed him. It's still a murder investigation right? Or has someone gone to jail for his murder already? I'm not sure.

whoever Killed Hoffa is probably in the field two down..

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
While I would like the body to be recovered, for the families sake, IMO, they are never going to find it. Every few years someone makes a "confession", and yet we still have nothing.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

No offense to anyone really interested in the Hoffa case but…..Authorities in Michigan would be better served looking for the CROOKS CURRENTLY IN OFFICE who are killing their State rather than a dead crook who has no bearing on their future. The place is collapsing around them and they’re chasing ghosts!!

With crime rates skyrocketing, home prices dropping to under $500 for a house, and the local government out of solutions, the city of Detroit is the latest to join the likes of Stockton, California, having just defaulted on its loans from creditors.

Despite promises to the contrary, it should come as no surprise that the city is unable to meet its obligations.
Detroit Goes Under

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

No offense to anyone really interested in the Hoffa case but…..Authorities in Michigan would be better served looking for the CROOKS CURRENTLY IN OFFICE who are killing their State rather than a dead crook who has no bearing on their future. The place is collapsing around them and they’re chasing ghosts!!

With crime rates skyrocketing, home prices dropping to under $500 for a house, and the local government out of solutions, the city of Detroit is the latest to join the likes of Stockton, California, having just defaulted on its loans from creditors.

Despite promises to the contrary, it should come as no surprise that the city is unable to meet its obligations.
Detroit Goes Under

Damn it's tough to argue with that. Detroit is in a world of hurt. 500 for a house?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Detroit Goes Under

Starred. To me, this whole subject is a distraction. There is a lot more going on with more significance than this body. I can think of many questionable deaths in immediate history worthy of a better resolve than Hoffa.

What's the conclusion and justice for the Benghazi attack?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
They found him in 2 parts - Halfa here and Halfa there.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Honestly does the fbi not have something better to do? How many agents does it take to dig a hole... 20 agents basicAlly standing around getting paid to do nothin. Who really cares where his remains are at this point? All that's gonna be left is bones and maybe fabric from clothing.... how does that help them find his killer this far down the road... this is just a huge waste of taxpayer funds and agents time. How many missing kids could they be looking for instead.....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My mother worked @ the bar jimmy was taken from... The Machus Red Fox Resturant and she was there that night he was taken. Anyways.... My Mother and patrons of Machus have always believed he was cemented in a pilliar of the Renaissance Center now known as the GM towers... It was being built at the time and we all know how the mob uses concrete... lol whose going to tear down the building to search the colums?

Maybe i should call the feds and give them the info... Can u X-ray colums??

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

they found Jimmy Hoffa in a chicago hospital.

He was on the maternity ward

organizing labor.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
An invaluable lesson we can all learn from this is that, if you want to keep your local FBI agents occupied for a few days, give your neighborhood office a call and tell them a little bird told you Hoffa is buried somewhere in the vicinity.

Then when the cat's away.... the mice will play.

<<   2 >>

join