It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama assassination bid fears aircraft carriers on standby off Irish coast during G8 summit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

They'd probably use V-22s if they have them available on either deck, depending on circumstances. Most likely though, if there's time, they'll probably use the VH-60 instead of the VH-3, as the -60 is faster.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The Secret Service also have diplomatic immunity which will allow them to shoot to kill a would-be assassin without fear of prosecution.

Is this just in the UK, or can they do this in Ireland also?

Ireland has to send 900 Gardai to guard the border, despite not being a member of the G8, although the Taoiseach will be there as he coincidentally holds the EU presidency for another few weeks. Still not great having to pay for this despite it having nothing to do with us, especially given the state of the economy.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
All this thread proves is that Obama
would need an air craft carrier for protection
if he came to an ATS convention as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Not sure how how "Two carriers" can be off the coast of Ireland, when the Truman is underway for it's final deployment qualifications off Norfolk. According to the info i have today, that is the only Atlantic carrier underway. G.H.W. Bush returned to port 13 June.

No gator freighters underway either.

This OP article seems more "National Enquirer"-like than anything based on fact. Not to mention it's the only "media" outlet that has reported this.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just to clarify, this summit is being held in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom. It has nothing to do with the Republic of Ireland, who are not a member of the G8.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Who's guarding the Guiness Brewery??

6 pages and NO ONE KNOWS!!! I'd be more worried of a V*E*R*Y hostile takeover by Coor's than any issue the Prez may have!

Oh wait! I'd be even more pissed he was off playing pasture-pool instead of photo ops at Guiness....
How un-American...a trip with no beer.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnzoD
Just to clarify, this summit is being held in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom. It has nothing to do with the Republic of Ireland, who are not a member of the G8.

Its right on our border, in Enniskillen, not Belfast, and Irish police had to launch a large scale operation to secure the Irish border and block access to the venue from the Irish side. We're not involved, but still have to pay security costs for it

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
reply to post by neo96

Ask yourself the more basic question - why have these meetings in unsecured cities or towns to start with?

Why not use a military base? We have hundreds of them, both operational and derelict. Why not use an aircraft carrier? Why not just have a phone conference?

Why do these people even need to pick new locations each time, spending millions on security and weaponry, inconveniencing the population?

There are plenty of old airfields with fences and buildings out of the way of a town or city, but these arrogant sons of *itches always pick a built up area and cause massive disruption with expensive security almost as though they DELIBERATELY WANT US to see the power and might of their wall of armed goons.

exactly, all the money wasted..

HEY MR Obama!!

SKYPE is alot cheaper

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well they are saying the security costs of the summit have cost around £50m, an that most of that cost would be paid by the UK government.

Waste of money.

Link

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If this was a president you didn't hate, I GUARANTEE none of you would care at all.

Since when has the president's security force been an issue?

You're all messed in the head and letting hate cloud your judgement.
Making me defend a scumbag with your outrageous stupidity.

You're all actually being unpatriotic right now...no matter your political affiliation, you should support the security of the president.
edit on 18-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
Not sure how how "Two carriers" can be off the coast of Ireland, when the Truman is underway for it's final deployment qualifications off Norfolk. According to the info i have today, that is the only Atlantic carrier underway. G.H.W. Bush returned to port 13 June.

No gator freighters underway either.

This OP article seems more "National Enquirer"-like than anything based on fact. Not to mention it's the only "media" outlet that has reported this.

Best post of the thread!
Preposterous notion... two carrier groups ..lmao
I have bridges for sale ! paypalz please

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Does anyone know how many Aircraft Carriers are currently on active duty world wide? In the days of the cold war, I always thought the carrier fleet were sitting ducks to nuclear attack. These days I think they could survive a conventional strike and the best option for modern day warfare and are the best way to send a message without firing a shot. I read somewhere and cant remember who said it, but it was said that whenever a crisis developed the first thing the president would ask is; "where are the carriers"?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Spader

If you're talking full deck carriers, the US has 10 Nimitz Class, France, Russia, China, Brazil, Spain, Thailand, Great Britain, and India all have one. Italy has two. If you add in the smaller carriers the US has 19 (8 Wasp Class LHDs, and the Peleliu LHA).

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I can see it now, an angry irishman lobs a drink, f22's are scrambled. A group of snipers obliterate the can, and an Ohio class sub nukes all the major irish cities while a seal team extracts the president via "skyhook".

Ha ha ha, only in Emerica.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by neo96

Understood that 2 carriers, and and army 'protecting' the Potus in a friendly country?

LOL when you are talking about Obama, not even the good ole US of A is considered a friendly country. I'm sure Bush would have had similar protection if the peabrain ever managed to go somewhere outside of crawford

At least when Bush went on vacation he spent the vast majority of the time at his home, that he owns. Barry Soetoro on the other hand seems to think that he should be able to go on a spend-binge at Martha's Vinyard every other weekend.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well grand display of force, yeah look at the yanks,all loaded up over there and looking for some good crack,cheers
17 years,Kelly thinks he's a man,out in the street with a gun in his hand,there to protect the pikes in the band, while the enemy waits with an army

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

But you were probably more than willing to blame Bush for flying over Katrina...and for not directly returning to DC after the "attacks" Right?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He already has his largest aircraft carrier less than 50 miles East of the Irish coast,it's called the UK.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SammyB0476

Uhm, not hardly. I didn't blame Bush for crap with either of those events thanks, and I don't blame Obama for the security requirements. I tend to blame politicians for the things they can control, such as lying through their ass to us, not for acts of God or the Secret Service. So don't even try putting words in my mouth without knowing a goddamned thing about me.
edit on 6/18/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
So......if somebodt whacks him what will we do?
Bomb ENGLAND?

...and free the Irish? Sure, why not?! (not really, I don't want England attacked by the US, but I think millions of Irish Catholics would agree!)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join