It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Know how to Noodle?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by piequal3because14

Was that a troll attempt?
No it was a serious matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Well I appreciate the recipe.

I love Thai food.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Yeah in a survival situation this probably wouldn't be a good idea. You would lose heat and get wet. The cuts from fish biting your hands could get infected and depending on what are part of the world you are in something else could be in that hole.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

like this video Catfish Grabblin!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Yeah, I saw those girls on TV yesterday. Awesome stuff. If two good lookin' females can do it, so can I, by God.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mythots

Considering it has been in the 90s here for the last week, I am not worried about getting wet. Other, undesired critters pose a risk. Guess you gotta learn what to look for. There is always a risk of running into danger ANY time you hunt ANYTHING.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I live in a state where catfish is king, and I can say that you will have much better luck bottom fishing with chicken liver than you ever will noodling.

If it's a matter of survival, I've found that if the fish don't bite......the frogs are plentiful.

Never saw the point in noodling.

ETA: Don't worry about snakes. A couple slaps on the water and the meanest moccasin will run off.
edit on 16-6-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Negative ghost rider...........Beef Liver is the ultimate catfish bait..... cut it into 1 to 1 1/2 inch squares and apply to hook generously..... beef liver has a lot of grizzle in it and will stay on the hook much much better than chicken liver.....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa

I live in a state where catfish is king, and I can say that you will have much better luck bottom fishing with chicken liver than you ever will noodling.

If it's a matter of survival, I've found that if the fish don't bite......the frogs are plentiful.

ETA: Don't worry about snakes. A couple slaps on the water and the meanest moccasin will run off.

Negative ghost rider...........Beef Liver is the ultimate catfish bait..... cut it into 1 to 1 1/2 inch squares and apply to hook generously..... beef liver has a lot of grizzle in it and will stay on the hook much much better than chicken liver.....
Chicken liver works just fine. Wrap it in old panty hose and then bait your hook. I let them sit out in the sun for a day and then go fishing.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

I appreciate the concern but this is a done deal. It is going down. I am not worried about dying.

A big cat may be able to over power me under water, but I promise it won't over power all three of us...with knives.
And yeah, I reckon I will get injured doing it, but that's just a part of it I guess.

So...I guess that this is going to happen. If there are three of you, than good. Bring a gun, too.

And bactine. lol

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythots

Originally posted by RickinVa

Chicken liver works just fine. Wrap it in old panty hose and then bait your hook. I let them sit out in the sun for a day and then go fishing.

Why on earth would you want to go through the trouble of putting chicken liver in panty hose just to keep it on the hook when plain ole beef liver will stay on the hook to the point where sometimes it is hard to get off the hook??

I have spent many many night doing battle with the "Whiskered Warriors". You cant beat beef liver for its simple use.
edit on 17-6-2013 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

I beg to differ. Shad gut is the best bait I've ever used. You can get it frozen in pint jars or just go catch some, gut them and throw it on a hook. IRRESISTIBLE to catfish. For best results, if you can stand it, let it set in the sun on a hot day before using. I used to keep it in the back of my truck for 3 days before I went fishing. After the 1st time, no one would go with me again. But, I always came home with a mess of fish.

Noodlin' is fine if you're going for the thrill, but I'll stick to shad gut and a rod and reel for when I want to get dinner.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I stick with stink bait and hotdogs.

You can get the stink bait from a vending machine.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I always thought noodling with someone was just holding someone?
So, that's not noodling?

Eh?

Shows how much I need to learn.

Never thought noodling dealt with fishes.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Diabolical

Noodling. Grabblin'. Hand fishing. Etc. It is known as noodling around here.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Murgatroid

Sweet! Thanks for the videos.
Although I am curious about the advice of not going into the water if there are venomous snakes in your state. There are venomous snakes indigenous to 49 out of 50 states in the US. The lone exception is Hawaii.

Uh, Alaska has no snakes whatsoever. Hawaii has sea snakes which are very poisonous (and very rare around the island). Incidently, we also have no catfish up here...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yeah, addressed a few times now. It was a mistake. Although as I said those other times, you guys may have garter snakes moving into the southeastern portion of the state.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

True, but if you get in a small stream I would bet you could noodle salmon? if it's not against the law......

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

True, but if you get in a small stream I would bet you could noodle salmon? if it's not against the law......

Not exactly. Salmon don't back into mud holes in a bank. We have dip netting, though.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You could try "shining them". Remember the figure 8 pattern.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yeah...you guys first on noodling Salmon.....

And their dorsal fins are like frickin' razor blades.
edit on 18-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join