It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea now wants to talk to U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

I'm having trouble understanding what you meant with your reply to my post. I'm interested but also rather confused by your response.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
If there is an opportunity to talk, then America should take it. As Churchill said, " jaw jaw is always better than war war" . America should just explain that the nuclear threats are no longer going to be tolerated and that if lil Kim wants money and to be part of the international community serious strings need to be attached.

North Korea is constantly pleading for help, but are too proud to just ask for it. So they do childish acts of defiance instead.
Trying to reunite Korea through peaceful means is going to be a lot better for everyone. The other option is for a huge war that will cost millions of lives and the financial costs of not just the war but the rebuilding of the nation would come at greater expense.

Yes China and Russia should do more, but they want to talk to America.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I very seriously doubt that they would lower their defenses and surrender their nuclear artillery. It makes Kim (as well as his father) feel powerful and in charge. They've done it for years but with his father, when he threatened we would just pay him to shut up.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Talk is cheap and they can talk all they want,I will still carry
a big stick around just incase.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

screw North Korea and their brainwashed people...I don't and will not feel bad for them...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Miracula

I'm having trouble understanding what you meant with your reply to my post. I'm interested but also rather confused by your response.

I was saying that the timing of North Korea's desire to talk might have something to do with seeing the US on a similar level as themselves.

By arming organ harvesting rebels we are stepping down to a level and plateau that nations who shoot people for leaving the border are on.

Maybe that made NK's president feel more invited. You tend to associate with people who share common traits with yourself in life.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I say, shut the front door.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Although North Korea has had a past of similar activities, it is good to see less aggressive negative vibration causing rhetoric. Hopefully some good can come from these actions in the FUTURE for ALL MAN* as they attempt further communications...

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Maybe they notisce the US government is starting to divy up the country on realestate.com to help out national debt

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Of course. They want information on NSA infrastructure implementation.

He is jealous US has such control over their citizens and wants info on how to follow tighter protocol.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
They must really be short of cash that's is all North Korea does, cry, act up, and blackmail for cash.
Meanwhile they will still build up their military, and their nuclear arsenal.
thats what I thought too

Their dialogues and rhetorics are getting old and tiring not to mention 'boring' to be honest
The funny part is (perhaps it is MSM) NK pops up in the news in waves just the way Iran and other ME issues. Makes it seem like lil kim is watching the others around and then initiating the moves (though meaningless and hollow).

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Why waste the tax payers dollars on either inviting or visiting for meaningless talks/rhetorics that we know is nothing more than buying time tactic on lil Kim's part?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

screw North Korea and their brainwashed people...I don't and will not feel bad for them...
We dont know much about the NK citizens
Perhaps they're not all brain washed but scared.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Why exactly does North Korea think it is big and bad again? I vote we take away their Oreos and soda and see how happy the upper class are then. I'm sorry, but I really can't help but laugh when I see this guy and hear about all of his delusional unicorn ideas.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join