It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA admits listening to U.S. phone calls without warrants - Angry yet?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Do not let that stop you from posting whether it be opinion or truth, we are exercising our 1st amendment right. The more people that post and more publicity this gains, the less likely the feds we will be able to shut us down without looking like criminals even more so than they already do. There was a little saying a long time ago made by a patriot named Patrick Henry it went something like "Give me liberty or give me death." And heres another quote from Thomas Jefferson "When the government fears the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I just posted the same thing in another forum. Didn't see this thread already here. Glad someone picked up on this.

"With so much lying in the Wash DC, its kinda hard being snooped on by the GOV."

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by elouina

Dear elouina,

Cell phones and phones are different, cell phones broadcast over the air and anyone can listen to them. Nothing you put on the internet cannot be hacked. Do hackers need warrants? If they do not then expect the government to data mine everything that is in the air and on the net. If you do not like that then use regular mail and a land line.

Are you saying then, that anything written on the internet, anything posted on the internet is excluded from the protection afforded in the 4th Amendment?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

I hope I'm not the only one who caught that Snoop reference.

I'm scared to post on the internet anymore.. so this will probably be my last post.

Here's the vid of Nadler asking Mueller

edit on 16-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
Everyone is too caught up in DWTS or some other brain dead crap on their idiot box....

I am very very sorry about going off topic, but...

...I see this type of comment quite a bit around here and I absolutely must know:

do you watch television?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

reply to post by elouina

Dear elouina,

Cell phones and phones are different, cell phones broadcast over the air and anyone can listen to them. Nothing you put on the internet cannot be hacked. Do hackers need warrants? If they do not then expect the government to data mine everything that is in the air and on the net. If you do not like that then use regular mail and a land line.

Hello??? Obviously you didn't read the article. This matter is so serious, and your argument so weak, that I don't even have to counter anything here. Just go read the darn article, will you?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That is an interesting question. Most things on the Internet are considered "public". So would the gov need a warrant to go after public information?

And maybe the tech companies weren't lying when they said the NSA doesn't have direct access to their servers. Maybe the NSA has just setup a huge system to catalogue and collect all of that public information on the Internet. Like Google does.

Devil's advocate...

Regardless, the Internet and any other communications media other than "mouth to ear" is being watched.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

What if I provided a link to my diary?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

If you think that you would be 100% incorrect. Read some of the articles I linked in this thread. The cat is already out of the bag and it is screaming.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Or what about things posted to Facebook that are set to "Only Me"? This does kinda make me wonder about the legal opinion of online privacy. Where is the demarcation point between public and private, legally speaking. Or is our privacy only protected by "Privacy Policy"?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by Yngvarr

Ohhh... I think this one will certainly do it. I mentioned in another thread that the Obamanites were angry. Wait until they get a load of this!

IMPEACH NOW!!!! That is punishment most fitting of this crime.

What good will that do?

You see, it seems that while everyone was not looking, communist china came along and said "Home of the brave, land of the free!" and sat down in the big chair.

I still find it absolutely unfathomable that they can justify this. My brain is swimming...

How can you fix something that has tendrils of sinister intent intertwined into everything you now use?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by elouina

Dear elouina,

Are you saying then, that anything written on the internet, anything posted on the internet is excluded from the protection afforded in the 4th Amendment?

Well the internet is not America. You may type something on your pc In America, but it may be directly sent to a server in the Philippines or Tonga or Sweden. They have no such amendment rights.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This makes me feel violated but in a date rape drug sorta way...Uncle Sam could have violated me but I can not be sure...It just feels creepy knowing that some faceless government employee could be listening to my personal conversations...kinda gives me the eebie jeebies

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
A few choice excerpts:

("From their workstations anywhere in the world, government employees cleared for Prism access may 'task' the system and receive results from an Internet company without further interaction with the company's staff").
:

The Guardian has not revised any of our articles and, to my knowledge, has no intention to do so. That's because we did not claim that the NSA document alleging direct collection from the servers was true; we reported - accurately - that the NSA document claims that the program allows direct collection from the companies' servers. Before publishing, we went to the internet companies named in the documents and asked about these claims. When they denied it, we purposely presented the story as one of a major discrepancy between what the NSA document claims and what the internet companies claim, as the headline itself makes indisputably clear:

As a follow-up to our article, the New York Times reported on extensive secret negotiations between Silicon Valley executives and NSA officials over government access to the companies' data. It's precisely because these arrangements are secret and murky yet incredibly significant that we published our story about these conflicting claims. They ought to be resolved in public, not in secret. The public should know exactly what access the NSA is trying to obtain to the data of these companies, and should know exactly what access these companies are providing. Self-serving, unchecked, lawyer-vetted denials by these companies don't remotely resolve these questions.

But that won't happen. The documents and revelations are too powerful. The story isn't me, or Edward Snowden, or the eagerness of Democratic partisans to defend the NSA as a means of defending President Obama, and try as they might, Democrats won't succeed in making the story be any of those things. The story is the worldwide surveillance apparatus the NSA is constructing in the dark and the way that has grown under Obama, and that's where my focus is going to remain.

link to the article that you need to stop being lazy and actually read

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
NSA admits listening to U.S. phone calls without warrants - Angry yet?

Nope. I live in Australia. They can't tap my phone.

Sucks to be you.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wow now you know how we TIs feel, being followed, harrassed, voices, pain modulation, visions, no-touch rapes, sores, disorders and all the suicides the bastards cause. Schizophrenia is a model for some evil bastards plan. These events are just surface indications that the monster is still moving. And you worry about your privacy, you should be concerned with truth and ending suffering, not being selfish like they expect you to be.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

But they can, and do. ECHELON

Echelon is another one of those dark and murky programs, but what is generally known is that its been around since WW2, and its capabilities have probably improved since then.

The basic idea of Echelon is that the US couldn't spy on its own people legally, and other countries (Australia included) also had this problem. To get around it, Echelon was created so that the US could spy you guys, and then you guys would spy on us. Then those agencies compare notes.

Seems the NSA now believes it has the legal basis to spy on US and foreign citizens all on its own.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

I believe the UK and Australia are the biggest players believed to be involved with the US on Echelon, but there may be others.

The take away from this for you is: don't be smug and naive. You are being watched.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What if I provided a link to my diary?

If you host it on YOUR server and you have explicit terms and conditions that state that your server is PRIVATE property and that any unauthorised access to your server is a violation, then it would be illegal to access it without your consent. And I don't mean having a public web server either.

If you have it on facebook, then no. Facebook being one of the places that has given access to their servers to the NSA (though zuck now denies it) to access information. They just asked, and were given access.

It's their server and while they give you the illusion of privacy, I do not think that you can declare your information private. You can block fred from reading it, but not the guy who admins the servers.

Posting on a website does not imply privacy. In fact, that's like sticking a post on a notice board at the mall. And then complaining when the cops come along and say "Allo Allo Allo, what's all this about a baggie of stolen goods for sale then, aye?"

It might be a private shopping mall, but there is no expectation of privacy for the public.

And I know most corporations have a policy of records management, where all communications is stored for a number of years. So I can assume it now spreads out to places like facebook, gmail, etc, that basically use their customers as unpaid employees.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I still find it absolutely unfathomable that they can justify this. My brain is swimming...

How can you fix something that has tendrils of sinister intent intertwined into everything you now use?

Amen to that.. Mine is swimming also.

Well, although I am a big fan of this site, I am not one for conspiracies, just the truth. But now I realize that perhaps there isn't such thing as a conspiracists. We are just a bunch of people that are too smart to fall for the lies.

Tonight I was imagining a new thread topic. "America Becomes Unplugged and Unwired." And I was going to post pictures of aluminum foil wrapped around my cell phone, and on the front of my cable box. Just as sort of a joke. Then I read that my biggest fear has been realized, and the joke is now over.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

Originally posted by Yngvarr
Everyone is too caught up in DWTS or some other brain dead crap on their idiot box....

I am very very sorry about going off topic, but...

...I see this type of comment quite a bit around here and I absolutely must know:

do you watch television?

If I do it's usually some NOVA episode or something educational.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join