It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA admits listening to U.S. phone calls without warrants - Angry yet?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ok folks this has certainly gone too far, and then some. It appears now that the NSA employs thousands of agents to sit and listen to your phone calls and read your emails and text messages. This country has absolutely hit rock bottom. If anyone here even attempts to defend this I will have nothing but disgust for your evil soul.

The National Security Agency has acknowledged in a new classified briefing that it does not need court authorization to listen to domestic phone calls.

National Security Agency discloses in secret Capitol Hill briefing that thousands of analysts can listen to domestic phone calls. That authorization appears to extend to e-mail and text messages too

Rep. Jerrold Nadler, a New York Democrat, disclosed this week that during a secret briefing to members of Congress, he was told that the contents of a phone call could be accessed "simply based on an analyst deciding that."

NSA admits listening to U.S. phone calls without warrants

Ok time to pick your chins up off your laps.

edit on 16-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
For the first time in my life, I am absolutely speechless! We were told it was going to get much worse, and look at this! Just look!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Okay... so... it might be relatively quiet right now, but I was just thinking, one major event and things could escalate quickly.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hey, it's cool. They're really just keeping us safe from...

Yeah, this is outrageous. And I used to think I was paranoid. Why is the government so afraid of average Joe Six-Pack? hmmm

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

But ... but ... but ... didn't our wonderful heroic president just say the other day that no one is listening to our phone calls? And that we could trust our government? Oh my! I'm so dismayed and confused. Someone is lying to us. Who am I supposed to believe...?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Great article from Glen Greenwald

On Prism, partisanship and propaganda

Voices of dissent are being shouted down. I'm glad Glen is on this.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Im wondering if our local police can then hack Keith Alexander's and all of his staff at the NSA's phone calls, emails, texts based on the idea that someone needs to be on alert for infiltration - do whats best to make sure the people are protected. I wonder if they would be ok with that. These people truly do not get it.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
They are worried about terrorists? I am worrried about the anger from my fellow Americans over this. But then again, if someone were to torch the new NSA building tomorrow, I would visit there and bring marshmallows.
Just kidding but I guess I get to meet one of those analysts now.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Sounds very 1984ish.
Sounds like the US constitution requires update to recognise freedom against invasive technology.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
For the first time in my life, I am absolutely speechless! We were told it was going to get much worse, and look at this! Just look!

Our consumer driven, entertain me til I'm brain dead culture has worked wonders, yes?

It will get worse and you know something? Nobody will do a damn thing about it. Everyone
is too caught up in DWTS or some other brain dead crap on their idiot box to move a muscle
or even have a single, independent thought without being told what to think lest they be
outcast by the herd.

((((SIGH)))) I don't mean to be so damn negative but your thread really hits home.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Angry yet?..Nope too distracted by the Syria thing

edit on 16-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by elouina

But ... but ... but ... didn't our wonderful heroic president just say the other day that no one is listening to our phone calls? And that we could trust our government? Oh my! I'm so dismayed and confused. Someone is lying to us. Who am I supposed to believe...?

Ha Ha Ha!

I'm losing my mind. It does not compute!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

Ohhh... I think this one will certainly do it. I mentioned in another thread that the Obamanites were angry. Wait until they get a load of this!

IMPEACH NOW!!!! That is punishment most fitting of this crime.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Okay?!?

So what is the news?

Am I in a time loop or something?

This is old news......

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
My biggest problem with this whole thing is people are Focusing their anger on Obama, the anger should be on the NSA.

Yes Obama being impeached over this is good and should happen, but thats the start, the NSA needs to be held to accountability as well.

It was there before Obama, it will be there after, an organization staffed by Americans who thought "hey its okay to grossly violate civil rights" Needs to be held accountable as well at every level of command.

"Following orders" Is a piss poor excuse for anyone.

edit on 16-6-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Okay?!?

So what is the news?

This is old news......

(oh wait, you knew I was going to say that. must be that time loop thing.)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Meet the contractors anaylizing your private data

Yep, and getting rich in the process.

From the article:

In April, I wrote about one of those companies, Palantir Technologies Inc., in Salon. It sells a powerful line of data-mining and analysis software that maps out human social networks that would be extremely useful to NSA analysts trying to make sense of all the telephone and Internet data downloaded from Verizon and nine Internet companies that was described in the latest blockbuster stories in the Guardian and the Post.

“Their bread and butter is mapping disparate networks in real time,” a former military intelligence officer who has used Palantir software told me. “It creates a spatial understanding that can be easily used by analysts.” (See the detailed profile of Palantir I posted on my website last Friday.)

About Palantir, the name is a reference to the "seeing stones" in Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and other literary works. Originally created for benevolent purposes, they were later subverted for evil.

The irony cannot be missed.

Profile of Palantir

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by Yngvarr

Ohhh... I think this one will certainly do it. I mentioned in another thread that the Obamanites were angry. Wait until they get a load of this!

IMPEACH NOW!!!! That is punishment most fitting of this crime.

Let's hope so.
That's what it will take, for his cronies to turn on him.

I personally will throw a keger if it happens. You're all invited.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by shockedamerican
Okay?!?

So what is the news?

This is old news......

You're right.

Getting prison-raped by the self same people we elected is the friggin' norm now.

Just bend over and take it

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Dear elouina,

Cell phones and phones are different, cell phones broadcast over the air and anyone can listen to them. Nothing you put on the internet cannot be hacked. Do hackers need warrants? If they do not then expect the government to data mine everything that is in the air and on the net. If you do not like that then use regular mail and a land line.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join