It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry, Bush, and IQ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I remember a post almost like this on ATS a little while ago, not the same exact post though...

www.b2.is...

Really interesting to see this. I always thought Kerry supporters were smarter. Lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Nothing loaded on the page the link took me to.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
well, i just loaded it again, so something is probably wrong with your computer...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hallucinated
I remember a post almost like this on ATS a little while ago, not the same exact post though...

www.b2.is...

Really interesting to see this. I always thought Kerry supporters were smarter. Lol.

If that is really true then why is Bush kicking off his second term??

What would make that site even better would be if they also showed the list of IQ scores for those who knew better than to vote for either of those Corporate Puppets. No doubt that they would start where Kerry tops out.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
[quoteIf that is really true then why is Bush kicking off his second term??

What would make that site even better would be if they also showed the list of IQ scores for those who knew better than to vote for either of those Corporate Puppets. No doubt that they would start where Kerry tops out.

sorry to say, but most people in america are pretty darn stupid lol

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Not neccessarily. There are several intelligent conservatives/republicans and there's even republicans out there against Bush.

I remember reading that Bush has an IQ of 90 - which doesn't match the average adult IQ.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well, as a former member of Mensa (no, I didn't get dumber, just stopped paying dues), I can tell you that I would have voted for Bush, if I were a US citizen. The data may well be a hoax, and therefore worthless. I suspect it is.

The second thing that bothers me about the linked site is that it talks of a correlation between states with the highest proportion of college degrees and those voting for Kerry. This too, is a false correlation. Entering college is these days so easy that you don't need a higher-than-average IQ to get in or to graduate. Secondly, it ignores the possibility that people who have college degrees are skewed in terms of their social attitudes - i.e., are more liberal on average. But that's not a function of IQ.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
First off I would like to say that I didn't support either man, but come on a high IQ doesn't necessarily = higher common sense.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I posted the same thing like the day after the election, and they all threw a whiney fit saying "I have a high I.Q. and I voted bush", or "I.Q. doesnt mean anything"

Needless to say it was moved to the jokes forum or something, by the bushaholics.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
very easy to debunk the second site that came up with a cursory search. and here is the site that fully debunks this flat out lie. www.sq.4mg.com... i guess facts just aren't that important to you, when you are in smear mode.

even easier was the fact that none of the salary figures are even close to current values so even the most cursory search should have raised a red flag......but, i guess when smearing people you don't agree with is a stake, then folks will just grab onto anything.....wow, for some reason that just doesn't sound too smart. i must just be thinking about it wrong.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
These numbers look close (not from a political standpoint since I've lived in three of the Red states).
Bush strikes again, just like the flu vaccine, he didn't order enough Blue pills.
(Edited typos)

[edit on 7-11-2004 by AlabamaCajun]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
First off I would like to say that I didn't support either man, but come on a high IQ doesn't necessarily = higher common sense.

Right, a high IQ does not mean you have common sense, nor does it denote that you will be successful in life...but I'd still rather have the brains then be blissfully stupid!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I would like to know what Karl Rove's IQ is, now I think you might find some 3 digit points there.

This politics has got to be a game, does anybody had the cheat codes?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
That is an interesting survey on state's avg. IQ, it just looks so easy to debunk though. After this election I've decided that democrats are stupid and republicans are ignorant, everybody else is just liberal.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Good people can disagree about almost anything. Likewise, intelligent people can disagree, too.

While I appreciate satire as much as the next guy, what I see here is a desire to rationalize something that is not true: the belief that those who disagree with you are inferior to you.

As long as people seek to disrespect others for their differing opinions, they will continue to walk in self-deceit and darkness.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout

Not neccessarily. There are several intelligent conservatives/republicans and there's even republicans out there against Bush.

I remember reading that Bush has an IQ of 90 - which doesn't match the average adult IQ.

I doubt he had an IQ of 90........ That is way too low to be legitimate honestly. Liberals should even know that.

You people all have to understand something. IQ tests, they are directed towards logic, space relations, and mathematical minds. Are those traits required for a leader? The captain of a highschool football team.....does he always have the best grades in the class? Or is he just the best LEADER?

Having a high IQ doesn't mean anything. That is evident because some liberals have high IQ's too.......

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout

It's a famous urban legend. No need to shame, many respected newspapers have fell into it as well.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Okay...I just...had to do this.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
you just shot any chance you had at credibility posting that absurd chart.

that is my thought.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is that so?

Oh my, I'm so upset that you think I have no credibility.

It was intended as a joke, and if you were to read the chart, you'd find that you shouldn't take it as fact.

Or were you mad because I hit a sore spot?

I'm quite sure that my credibility level hasn't changed much over this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join