It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Celebrity Ghost Stories?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
A lot of the stories I can write off as possibly related to sleep or being in a state half way between sleeping and awake, some I often think are entirely fabricated and the actors are simply trying to hone their skills, but then there's some that I actually get a genuine feeling that what they are relating indeed happened whether paranormal or not... What are your guys thoughts on this particular show? Do you think it's entirely fabricated , partly fabricated, or entirely genuine?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigOrange
[..] but then there's some that I actually get a genuine feeling that what they are relating indeed happened

What you (or anyone else) feel is not worth a thing.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Not saying it's proof. There's a small number I get this feeling... I'm what you could call a human lied detector, and very few of these people strike me as genuine paranormal or not

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well some of these stories don't even become public until long after they are famous,so its not for publicity if you ask me. It sometimes gets them negative attention admitting to it as well .

And no one cares about ghost stories from nurse number two in an episode of Law and Order .
I recently heard an interesting one that Telly Savalas had happen to him .
Jimmy Page has a few from his old castle .
I know a few rock bands that all have hotel stories too .

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Care to share any of these stories you might be aware of? The idea I had originally heard behind using celebs is that they don't need the game or money, but you also have to take into account celebs who have fallen out of the spot light who may simply be looking for attention

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigOrange
Care to share any of these stories you might be aware of? The idea I had originally heard behind using celebs is that they don't need the game or money, but you also have to take into account celebs who have fallen out of the spot light who may simply be looking for attention

Well Page won't discuss what he saw. He owned Aliester Crowleys castle on the Lochness,for decades.
Said he spent a total of six week there . He said he saw stuff that was sick,but wouldn't discuss it . It's rumored that there was a beheading,and the head occasionally ,pops in ,for a howdy do .

Then there's a hotel in LA ,that I know X Japan had issues with. In the 1980s . It's probably on the net .Their bassist Heath has second sight ,and they all had some weird stuff happen ,and I think Heath refused to stay in his room .
Years later,when Xs drummer Yoshiki ,was producing Dir en Grey's first cd in LA ,in 1999 ,he put them in the same hotel ,and I'm pretty sure they asked to be moved .
I forget the hotel now. Let me see if I can find it,because I think its still there.

Telly Salvalas thing is on YouTube. It happened when he was a young man ,and he told the story long after he was famous.
He met a man ,who gave him a ride ,and lent him money . He called the man some weeks later to pay him back ,and got the guys wife on the phone ,who yelled at Telly ,that it was a cruel hoax ,because her husband has been dead for years.
There are tons of stories like this .
Let me see if I can remember more. I've heard them over the years ,here and there.

edit on 6/15/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The name of Crowleys castle is Boleskine House .Just google it .
This is a small blurb of Pages .
www.rollingstone.com... 19691231

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Here is the Telly Savalas story

www.youtube.com...

It was posted 5 years ago,which is decades after his death ,so ...it wont get him any publicity

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Mmmmm...I can't find anything about which hotel in LA the X story comes from . It's kind of a story you hear when you know some of them . Let me see if Dir en grey mention the name .

Neh ...I would have to ask someone . I will see if I can get some details,but it may take me a bit .

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
My thoughts on Celebrity Ghost Stories?

**FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY**

I do watch them as well as a lot of "ghost" shows because I think they are entertaining.

I am a skeptic and think it is nice to "believe" in energies after death but the realist in me thinks once you are dead, you are dead and the only energy is in the memories of the people who are still alive.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
On the DrudgeReport right now is a story about the ongoing legal case in the Doctor murdering Michael Jackson.

There's a "psychic" right now that testified in Court that Michael Jacksons ghost said his death was his own fault.

The Judge just allowed that testimony to STAND.

1st Ghost Testimony in a Court to be accepted to date.....

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Celebrities are just like everyone else when it comes to these things. GHosts are everywhere and don't discriminate so I'm sure that they have sightings just like the rest of us. The celebrity ghost stories I've seen are interesting (as are the non-celeb ghost stories) . Loretta Lynn probably has the most interesting and intense ghost stories of all of 'em.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
On the DrudgeReport right now is a story about the ongoing legal case in the Doctor murdering Michael Jackson.

There's a "psychic" right now that testified in Court that Michael Jacksons ghost said his death was his own fault.

The Judge just allowed that testimony to STAND.

1st Ghost Testimony in a Court to be accepted to date.....

Unbelievable... What are people saying about this?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
At the start of the show they had some really great story's and guests on the show , one that come to mind is the guy who played bubba in Forrest Gump , and one of my friend's Monica Keena was on the show and she swears by it , i really don't since i found out they pay upwards of 20k per Guest , about 98% of the people here seem washed up and look like they need the money , now with that had been said the best ones that i can remember are , Mykelti Williamson, Jerry Stiller , Illeana Douglas (her story i Believe, i live a couple blocks from the building) , Jeffrey Ross , and i cant remember the rest .

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Only ever caught this on tv a couple of times, think it was one about someone's(forget who it was now) wife in the apartment they rented out for a bit who started to drink heavilly. There was a man who used to live there, a barber if I remember correctly, who was a drunk. The story went on to say how the spirit of the man was only known to the wife and would bother her while sleeping. It scared her out of drinking somehow.
The show itself is probally fake like alot of others and for entertainment value mostly. But I believe some of it may be real genuine stories.
Must look some episodes up online to scare myself while the roomies are out.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
Well some of these stories don't even become public until long after they are famous,so its not for publicity if you ask me. It sometimes gets them negative attention admitting to it as well .

And no one cares about ghost stories from nurse number two in an episode of Law and Order .
I recently heard an interesting one that Telly Savalas had happen to him .
Jimmy Page has a few from his old castle .
I know a few rock bands that all have hotel stories too .

Yea it seems to me that these folks are doing us all a favor by putting themselves on the line somewhat and saying "yea these things do happen". The paranormal is real and goes beyond us all and is not the hangout of crazy folks ect.

I really appreciate these actors that share with us.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Celebrity Ghost Stories: A place where "Has Been" celebrity's go to get screen time, a place one step above doing insurance and infomercials...LOL

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BigOrange

I think it just another way for them to get on TV.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think that some of the stories are real, but some are definately made up. It's kind of fun to watch the actors actually talk because you can tell if they are lying or not.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Wait, a ghost lent Telly Savalas money? OK, if I ever encounter a ghost, the first thing I'm asking is if I can borrow a couple hundred.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join