It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: U.S. Agencies Said to Swap Data With Thousands of Firms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Bloomberg: U.S. Agencies Said to Swap Data With Thousands of Firms

www.bloomberg.com

Thousands of technology, finance and manufacturing companies are working closely with U.S. national security agencies, providing sensitive information and in return receiving benefits that include access to classified intelligence, four people familiar with the process said.
These programs, whose participants are known as trusted partners, extend far beyond what was revealed by Edward Snowden, a computer technician who did work for the National Security Agency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Wow. The rabbit hole just got a lot deeper, from a mainstream source. Now I would like to see a list of all firms participating, but that probably won't happen...

When corporations/entities make private deals with the government, say information for money at the expense of you, the customer, that makes some easy money. What is the incentive for these "business" deals to stop?

Sickening.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
In exchange for intelligence, eh? So our once mighty intelligence agencies have come to peddle industrial and commercial espionage product like some punk with magazine subscriptions to sell? Oh... That's just dandy.

I'm sure the world reaction to this will be entirely warm and understanding. After all, thousands?? There is no telling how much has changed, never happened in the first place or been damaged by 'intervention' in events through this horse trading that otherwise wouldn't have been if a free market didn't have Uncle Sugar padding sides for favorites.

This isn't good and the outside world must be getting progressively more pissed. At least those who weren't hand-in-glove working with the same agencies themselves. Those ones are probably sweating bullets at what revelations come next and when their own part will be burned.

This BETTER lead to some major changes....because this is doing to U.S. Intelligence, what the Wikileaks material did to U.S. Diplomacy. Our name is dog poo. First with those who have been on the short end of it and next with those who benefited and loved us ...until they got burned as if on a bonfire. If it's all for nothing, we're in deeeeeep trouble going forward as a nation with absolutely ZERO credibility.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree with all of your points, but I don't see any 'change' happening, just 'hope'.

On your comments on the outside world getting progressively more pissed - absolutely. They have probably been spied on as well in their catchall data collection methods.

Perhaps now is a good time to insert Obama circa 2007:

This Administration [Bush] also puts forward a false choice between the liberties we cherish and the security we demand. I will provide our intelligence and law enforcement agencies with the tools they need to track and take out the terrorists without undermining our Constitution and our freedom.

That means no more illegal wire-tapping of American citizens. No more national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime. No more tracking citizens who do nothing more than protest a misguided war. No more ignoring the law when it is inconvenient. That is not who we are. And it is not what is necessary to defeat the terrorists. The FISA court works. The separation of powers works. Our Constitution works. We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers, and that justice is not arbitrary.

Hmm..

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines
When corporations/entities make private deals with the government, say information for money at the expense of you, the customer, that makes some easy money.
I think Google sells data to the government.

When they abandoned their "do no evil" slogan that might have been a good time to think about switching search engines.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Its been long known that many defense contractors and other big corporations in the US exchange employee information.

If you do high tech work on government projects and wonder why it takes little time to get a security clearance and people working for other companies .seem to take forever.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
seems to be yet another form of "payola"....which was exposed in radio, back in the 80s....record companies were
paying DJs to play music from their artists...now big corporations and the government are doing the very same thing.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Can I go back and start screaming "I told you so!"

I predicted several times over the last week that there is massive corruption between the intelligence services and private American corporations about to be leaked, and we seem to be seeing the start of this now.

I didn't really need any more evidence that we're living in a corporatocracy, but now I am more certain than ever that there was a coup in the USA, and your country (and likely mine too) is being run not by our democratically elected representatives, but by a top-secret cabal of military/intelligence/industrial/corporate interests.

If you ever needed proof of what the "NWO" is, this is it - complete corruption of government at every level from the justice system to the security services right up to the president.

But, what will happen? Nothing.
The apathy is astounding.

Look, a f'ing Kardashian is doing something stupid!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Philippines
When corporations/entities make private deals with the government, say information for money at the expense of you, the customer, that makes some easy money.
I think Google sells data to the government.

When they abandoned their "do no evil" slogan that might have been a good time to think about switching search engines.

I've been thinking that since FISA and before. There are many reasons for an entity to do so to keep continuity. Just what is the spirit if that entity to remain continuous I guess remains on those involved in it

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Agreed, to me it seems most large corporations are really starting to consolidate and things are starting to gelatinize. From that stage who knows imo. I think it depends on the observer and their desired outcome to a degree

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

I know somehow that the governemnt sharing information to corporations and communications companies and the reverse of corporations and communications companies sharing information with government is somehow not good for a Representative Republic form of government which is what the United States Constitution created.
We are supposed to have FREE ENTERPRISE, and CAPITALISM AND THIS JUST DOES NOT SMELL VERY WELL.

Sorry foir the last sentence of caps. too lazy to go change them.

top topics

join