It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO Experience as a kid. with a renactment picture i photoshopped :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is what I saw as a kid in the 90s, me and a cousin of mine that were outside one summer, it was around 2 or 3 in the morning.

Before I write it on here, I also just want to say I am not writing this to convince anyone of anything that they don’t believe in. We saw this one night and we knew it was out of the ordinary. I have never seen anything like this before, and neither has he. Me and my cousin talk about it sometimes, we try and go back to that one night, and pretty much I don’t think some of the people(like my wife, some friends) ive told believe me, because its just hard to believe. Even after seeing this, and me being witness, I myself also doubt others when I read stories on here or see videos and what not, im still skeptical, its just a totally mind blowing experience now that I think back about it.

Also, the pictures I posted are from google maps, where “we were standing” is where I used to live at the time. So I added the triangle pictures of what we saw as best as I could, keep in mind im no photoshop expert!

Ok, so here it is, ive told a few people and the first thing they ask is “what were you all doing at 3 in the morning outside”, so a little background first. This happened in south texas by the way. Me and my cousin lived about 1.5 miles or 2 miles apart, so we lived very close to each other, and we were close also as in we pretty hung out almost every day etc, we would walk or ride bikes to each others houses, and in the weekends or summers we would spend the night at each others houses. The house I lived in had some good climbable trees, big trees, little trees, at night many there were many shadows and such, so we stay out late outside whenever he spent the night. We would sometimes sleep outside also. We would have an old bag/purse that used to belong to my mom and would sometimes carry it around with us at night, we had all sorts of stuff in there like flashlights, matches, firecrackers, little crap like that, that we could use to cause mischief. We sometimes would just randomly throw rocks at other peoples houses, hide in the trees, stuff like that. My mom hated that we would stay outside but everything was fenced so as long as we promised not to step outside the fence she would be ok with it. She would warn us if she found out we stepped outside the fence she would not let us be outside so late anymore.

The night of the incident it was a night like any other for us, we were outside hanging around after dark, im pretty sure it was summer and I would guess I was around 10 years old, and my cousin was about 2 years younger than me. This would’ve happened sometime around 1992 or 1993 I would say. So we were outside, around 2 am , I remember we walked up to the fence that you see in the picture, and just as we looked to our left we saw these triangles just floating slowly down the street. They were in formation as you can see in the picture, they were slightly higher than a light pole, and each triangle was about the size of a small hatchback car more or less.

They were completely silent and were traveling south right above the street, about at a slow jogs pace, or a fast walk pace. As soon as we saw these things float from our left then right in front of us then to the right, we were immediately captivated by them, we didn’t talk to each other, we didn’t point, we didn’t say anything to each other, our eyes just locked on to these things and our heads slowly turned looking at them as they floated right in front of us. As soon as they passed us and left our field of vision from where we were standing we just both looked at each other in disbelief. They didn’t make any noise or anything, just passed us and kept going.

*note the arrows show the direction it was flying

As they finally left our field of vision, they were flying so low, I thought they were going to land somewhere, and once we couldn’t see them and we snapped out of it, my first impulse was to open the gate and go run after them and see where they land, but immediately I remembered my moms stern words about leaving the gate, and well, as a kid at that time, that is what held me back and didn’t go after them.

The triangles in the picture have a black outline I added, but when we saw them they didn’t have that outline, they were sort of light grey, or almost white, I thought they maybe were made out of paper, only because they were silent. Completely silent.

There is a couple of things that I guess must be noted...

Just about 2 out of 3, or even 70% of the houses in that neighborhood have dogs. It’s a must really, they are the best way to keep people out and alert the owners of anything. When 1 dog in a house barks, the neighbors dog barks, then the neighbors neighbor dog barks, and so forth down the line. Pretty soon dogs on the opposite side of the neighborhood start barking in the distance, its like a chain reaction. In this particular night, not 1 single dog barked, nothing at all.

Another thing, after that incident happened, for some reason, me and my cousin never talked about it. The next day, we just simply didn’t talk about it, we didn’t tell anyone, I didn’t tell my parents, a friend or anyone, and neither did he. Also, we didn’t plan on that, meaning, we didn’t say to each other “lets not tell anyone”, we just never talked about it and for some reason we never told anyone. We didn’t forget it happened, we knew it happened we just didn’t talk about it.

A year or 2 later he ended up moving out of state and we would still talk and such occasionally on the phone, but not about the incident. It wasn’t about maybe 10 years later or so, I was talking to my girlfriend at the time and my other cousin Mary (Mary was my cousins sister, the one that saw the triangles with me) so we were talking about ufos and stuff like that, and just as casual as ever I told them what we saw (this was the first time I had ever talked about it) Of course they didn’t believe me, so out of the clear blue I call my cousin who was now living in Minnesota, and I casually told him “hey, im here with your sister and my gf and they don’t believe what me and you saw when we were small”, and just as casual he recanted the exact same story and same description, the triangles floating, silently etc. This was the first time me and him pretty much brought it up, but we didn’t talk about it to each other, it was more like an “oh yeah this was what happened”. Of course my cousin and my gf were both pretty sure we had pre-planned our conversation and we mustve somehow planned the whole story to trick them.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Continued...
Now of course me and my cousin do talk about it more and find it very interesting we didn’t tell anyone or talk about it to each other for years. I don’t understand why, maybe it was a psychological defense mechanism or maybe those triangles caused that moment or memory to be buried in the back of our mind or took priority away from that memory or moment, or maybe because we knew it wasn’t normal we just didn’t tell anyone.
Also it was kinda weird how we just got mesmerized as they flew in front of us, even if I would’ve had a camera in my hand and ready to snap a picture, I wouldn’t of been able to, they past right above us and I wouldn’t have reacted.

As for what those things were, anybody’s guess is as good as mine. Now that I reflect back on it, my guess is, it might’ve been some kind of drones, the way they were floating above street level parallel to the street, slowly, maybe they were analyzing the atmosphere, oxygen levels, checking out the ambience. They didn’t react to us, they mustve known we were there. They had to have seen us as they passed right over us. Sometimes I also imagine their point of view from the craft, as they flew right above us down the street, with 2 little kids with their eyes and mouths wide open just staring up at them. I wonder if maybe they somehow captured that image and have us on display somewhere lol.

As I got older and internet became available one day just for fun I looked up “flying triangles’ and that’s when I saw all the other stuff and realized it had happened to others, so it gave me comfort, and I guess so people wont think im crazy I started talking about it more.

Even to this day, I still have friends that I grew up in that neighborhood, climbed all the trees with, rode our bikes, basically owned that neighborhood whom I still haven’t told, Very close friends that helped me get thru the childhood and teenage years that I stillI haven’t told yet. I had so many opportunities to tell them, and now that I don’t even talk to them or know where they live I wonder why I didn’t tell them.

One of the things I haven’t done and have thought about it is hypnotherapy, to see if maybe I could remember something else, some smaller details. I don’t know if I will ever do that, but I might sometime. Im sure my cousin would be open to the idea also.

So that’s pretty much it, I may have posted this story in one of my earlier posts, but this is the most detailed one I guess. Also the pictures are what I remember. These things just floated right above us down the street. It’s incredible. I wish I could experience that again actually. I think that is why I am a believer. Now if you are a skeptic or not, it don’t matter to me I don’t care to convince you of anything. This is what happened to me.
And its crazy for me to put this here, I wonder why did I get to see that, why did it happen to me? Am I supposed to keep it to myself? Am I supposed to tell people about it? but it is ATS, So there it is. Have a great day everyone.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I want to say I had an experience where one chased me after flashing my lights, it then hovered over me in my driveway, the dog thing rings true to me. My next door neighbors have 2 dogs that barked in the window like clockwork anytime I came home in the summer (curfew 2am) and they didn't bark..plus I was honking my horn as I was scared and didn't know what to do. The dogs didn't bark and the neighbors nor my parents heard my horn.

My mom did get up as soon as i came in as she said she sensed i was in trouble but yet didn't hear the horn.

It was triangular with a red light directly in the center. I won't go into anymore details unless someone specifically cares to know more.

I can relate to your story 100%
edit on 13-6-2013 by NONPOINT21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by H34T533K3R

As dramatic as this Hollywood scene is, it isn't entirely fictional

Notice how no animals make a sound during the encounter.
edit on 13-6-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Sounds like you two have some great parents.A 10 year old and 8 year old being out at 2-3 in the morning by themselves?Great parenting.
I'll go ahead and call BS while im at it.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by indy0725

Sounds like you two have some great parents.A 10 year old and 8 year old being out at 2-3 in the morning by themselves?Great parenting.

BS on the whole phenomenon or just this story?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I know that's the first thing people tell me when I tell them, but its true, my mom would let us be in the yard at night (as long as there was no school) with the sole condition of never leaving outside the fence. We would sometimes sleep outside, lay on a picnic table, throw rocks at houses, hide in the trees and such basically annoy neighbors. A number of times we would put bottle rockets in large plastic pcv pipes and shoot them out like a bazooka across neighbors houses. Very mischievous kids I guess. As a father I would not let my kids do what I did.

aside from playing Nintendo there wasn't anything else to do inside. And well, my mother worked long days usually 12 hour shifts so I guess she sometimes was too tired to argue with us and just let us be as long as we weren't getting in trouble.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

yup, you do fail to talk about it for sometime...I wonder why that is

Originally posted by H34T533K3R
just as casual he recanted the exact same story and same description, the triangles floating, silently etc.

re·cant
[ri-kant] Show IPA

verb (used with object)
to withdraw or disavow (a statement, opinion, etc.), especially formally; retract.

verb (used without object)
to withdraw or disavow a statement, opinion, etc., especially formally.

Synonyms
1. revoke, recall, rescind, deny.
I think the word you wanted was "recount."
edit on 13-6-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject

yup, you do fail to talk about it for sometime...I wonder why that is

I don't know why either I guess people think your nuts, I was actually hesitant to even make this post with the pictures but I figure what the hey, it did happen. And actually just today after I posted this I went by my parents house to pick up some stuff I had ordered and snapped a pic of where we were standing and added the triangles so here is the pic just for those that want to see I guess what our point of view would've been

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

by all means post your story here or make a new thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

I used to camp out in my back garden with my cousin and friends around that age and my cousin is 3 younger than me.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

that's very reminiscent of my ->thread

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
if you weren't in a trance you could have thrown rocks at it lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmark
if you weren't in a trance you could have thrown rocks at it lol.

Wouldn't be the first time

Case in hand, Portugal, 1990:

September 10th, 1990, 9:30AM, Alfena, (Alfena is located 275 kilometres North of Lisbon). Valongo, Portugal (near Oporto). A group of children was playing marbles in front of Café Ferreira. Suddenly, the group and other passers-by were surprised by a seemingly metallic object hovering over a nearby football field construction site. The object had a round shape, with 5 apparent "legs", and an apparent diameter of 1 to 3 meters, moving alternately fast and slow, reaching the height of a 3rd floor.

Panic spread. Finding that the object was preparing to land near the football field, workers started throwing stones at it. The object reacted, stopping in mid-air for some time. Witnesses were horrified, mothers yelled at their children not to get closer, but other people couldn't contain their curiosity. About 25 to 30 people witnessed the object, one of them describing it as a "long-legged turtle".

The children who were in front of the Café ran to call Manuel Moura, an amateur photographer. Moura ran to his house to get his equipment. When he got back, the object was still stand still in the air, as the workers were still throwing rocks at it. He managed to take 4 photos of the object. After that, the object moved away at enormous speed in the direction of Santo Tirso and Paços de Ferreira, and disappeared. In total, the object was visible for about 50 minutes.

www.ufoinfo.com...

Could you hit this with a rock?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by H34T533K3R

I know that's the first thing people tell me when I tell them, but its true, my mom would let us be in the yard at night (as long as there was no school) with the sole condition of never leaving outside the fence. We would sometimes sleep outside, lay on a picnic table, throw rocks at houses, hide in the trees and such basically annoy neighbors. A number of times we would put bottle rockets in large plastic pcv pipes and shoot them out like a bazooka across neighbors houses. Very mischievous kids I guess. As a father I would not let my kids do what I did.

aside from playing Nintendo there wasn't anything else to do inside. And well, my mother worked long days usually 12 hour shifts so I guess she sometimes was too tired to argue with us and just let us be as long as we weren't getting in trouble.

I don't see how this is bad parenting.
My family lived in the country and we did this all the time.
I went winter camping my first time when I was 10!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Thanks for putting the time and effort into bringing your experience here. Interesting to say the least. It does make one wonder, because if it was man made why would it be flying so low and at night? Who shows off their hang gliding skills at night? Who flies their remote controlled balloon thingy down main street at 2 am so nobody can see it?

Who makes a hot air balloon that has no flame to keep it aloft? Who paints a blimp with UFO looking triangles and then again demonstrates at night when everyone is a sleep?

Now that I reflect back on it, my guess is, it might’ve been some kind of drones, the way they were floating above street level parallel to the street, slowly, maybe they were analyzing the atmosphere, oxygen levels, checking out the ambience.

Interesting notion. Sort of 'scanning' ? The one time I saw something in the night sky I couldn't explain I got the same impression, looking back. Like a probe of some kind, taking some kind of measurements.

Interesting story, thanks again for sharing it.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing your experience I found it fascinating.I have seen ufo's here in the African Bush,and the hubby+children saw the orange-light ufo too.On one occasion there were 2 of these orange-light ufo's,my husband saw that too at the time.This ufo has flown by in the not-too-far distance once and the lights went off,revealing it to have what looked to me like a dark coppercolered ball-type shape,then the lights came on very bright and indeed I thought it looked like it was coming in to land,but then either it retreated or the lights dimmed and it sped off.Last time we saw that one was in January this year.I have to add that sometimes it was not even full dark when we would see the "orange" ufo.The other one I've seen twice in a year,last time earlier this year,is a floating lemonyellowish-white light that seems to have a triangle inside of it,though I cannot be a hundred percent sure,it does look like there's a triangle within the light.Absolutely soundless.Anyway never be daunted when you want to share something like this on ATS.The serious,adult skeptics will not mock you,but engage in conversation/q+a/debate with you,as is proper.The witless trolls will make a snarky comment+contribute nothing to the thread otherwise.And people who believe(often because they have seen ufo's themselves) will enjoy reading on the subject.S+f for you.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NONPOINT21

I want to say I had an experience where one chased me after flashing my lights, it then hovered over me in my driveway, the dog thing rings true to me. My next door neighbors have 2 dogs that barked in the window like clockwork anytime I came home in the summer (curfew 2am) and they didn't bark..plus I was honking my horn as I was scared and didn't know what to do. The dogs didn't bark and the neighbors nor my parents heard my horn.

My mom did get up as soon as i came in as she said she sensed i was in trouble but yet didn't hear the horn.

It was triangular with a red light directly in the center. I won't go into anymore details unless someone specifically cares to know more.

I can relate to your story 100%

That sounds like one of those stealth fighters. The minimum speed was classified, but if you look at the other fighter aircraft like Harrier jump jets, they could hover through revolving exhaust vents.

The whole idea of jump-jet aircraft was that they could hide under motorway intersections in the event of an invasion.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Could you hit this with a rock?

Yeah, I could only with the help of a helicopter.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Had a very bizarre duel with the so called gray aliens, 1959, age 10. I'm certain in my own mind that they're not "aliens" but demons, interdimensional critters that have strange powers and do very bizarre things. This went on for 3 weeks, and again a few years later when I visited my grandpa. These little vermin materialized in his bedroom every single night for more than 40 years, so he couldn't sleep with his wife. This all happened when people were asleep so people just thought he had night terrors, but being extremely alert, I found out otherwise. More detailed story here: www.squidoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join