It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black monolith on mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
A few weeks ago while browsing curiosity pics i came across a dark figure/rock in the bottom left corner of this pic.... mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
So i have been keeping an eye open for it to appear in other pics,well i found it and i still dont know what it is, i cant upload pics but i can link, mars.jpl.nasa.gov... see if you can see what i mean in both pics.
edit on 13/6/13 by JAK because: Link correction.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I hate to be the party pooper here but I think that's just a rock...

I think you may be just grasping at straws when it comes to these pictures... Sorry.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Nothing but dirt in the 1st link.

The 2nd link is not working for me. But it is probably just a rock you're seeing.

JAK

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The second link has been fixed.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Its also in the top right of this pic, mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Im not saying its not a rock however id guess its 1 foot square and may be 12 foot tall. So help me out ATS, Can you see it and if so what is it?
Thanks mod, in this pic it looks like the martian lady on a martian segway.
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added oppinion

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
At first it looked like a dead pixel but when I zoomed in, it looked like an object.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'll never forget browsing Mars piks over on Zorgons The Living Moon and I swear I saw a blatant black humanoid.

I recall hearing stories of black beings on Mars too..... I will re-trace my steps to find that pik at some point! lol

Mars holds lots of secrets

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

I agree mars holds a lot of secrets,lol i have seen what look like bones,snakes,propellers,pipes,wires,walls,floors,metal bars,apes,statues,caves,riverbeds. Its tantalizing in my oppinion

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

there's nothing but dirt and rock in both of those pictures, the second one being black and white and bearing absolutely no likeness to the first link.

So lets recap...

nothing in the image is "black" and I see no "monolith" it would really help if you could use paint or something to highlight the area you think you see something in, as I'm staring at sand and kinda getting the feeling you are wasting my time.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I know what you mean. But it's too far away to say anything conclusive about it. Zooming in wouldn't help, the resolution is simply too low.

Given the above circumstances, it could be anything ... most likely it's a slab of rock peeking out vertically. Nevertheless, keep on looking!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I agree mars holds a lot of secrets,lol i have seen what look like bones,snakes,propellers,pipes,wires,walls,floors,metal bars,apes,statues,caves,riverbeds. Its tantalizing in my oppinion

In my opinion everything I've seen so far from Mars is nothing but 'Pareidolia'
Pareidolia

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

im on my phone i can only link,sorry if its not obvious. The first pic -zoom into the bottom left,a black figure is just stood there,
The second pic its in the upper center but closer
And the third link its top right,again stood upright.
I appologise again.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I am not sure whether I am looking at what you want me to look at or not, but what I can see slightly resembles the old hazy photographs of the Loch Ness Monster. Surly it can't be Nessy, can it?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Pareidolia
How can a monolith be paradolia?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Please show us the monolith first because all I see is rocks.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Pareidolia
How can a monolith be paradolia?

The same way that pareidolia can be a monolith.

I saw no monolith. I saw what I assume you think is a monolith, but to me it was a dot. Not unlike the other dots if you want to see them there.

Man, I wish .. I hope we can travel to mars one day. So you guys can prove me wrong, eh?!

Coz until then... why is everything on mars that is so constantly bombarding us, So Damn Vague...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I usually dismiss these kinda post pretty fast. I'll happily admit I have a bias, in that I simply don't think that there is anything to find up there, and I have seen so many bad attempts to get a rock to look like something it is not, that I usually don't bother with it.

I don't really know if there is anything significant about the black dot in the picture. But I downloaded it from the link and dragged into Photoshop. Enlarged it to 500% and noticed that the pixelation was very inconsistent. So we are properly not dealing with raw material (not to be confused with RAW files).

But my point is that this picture shows signs of having been reduced significantly in size, and there might have been some other editing done, but it is really hard to tell. But the pixels look really weird, especially in the area around the black dot.

This is not something I've put much thought into before, so I might very well be wrong. But I do work with picture and editing almost everyday, so I feel I have some experience in looking at pictures.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

All I see is erect penis with 2 ball sacks...

I'm not kidding

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Hey thanks, the dot looks like a black cat to me,the latter 2 pics i believe shows the same dot closer up but i could be wrong.
I also think that nasa smudges pics somehow,i think there was a thread on it on ats. However they will always miss something.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Understanding Mars is like getting familiar with a new town; you won't know it until you go it. Until then, everything... well, at least most everything is speculation based on what we think we know about a place we don't know.

We've been going to Mars (with humans) since 1970.

Oh, that speck in the image could be a pebble but that depends on scale-to-distance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join