It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Peter King: Punish Glenn Greenwald

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Rep. Peter King: Punish Glenn Greenwald

dailycaller.com

On Wednesday’s broadcast of Fox News Channel’s “America Live,” New York Republican Rep. Peter King said with the leaks about the National Security Administration first put forth by the Guardian’s Glenn Greenwald, it may be time to consider prosecuting the journalists.

Read more: dailycaller.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.archives.gov

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So now we are to prosecute not only the whistle blowers but also the journalists who let them blow the whistle? Yep, nothing to see here folks, keep walking.

Personally, I think they need to impeach this man asap some how for even suggesting such. If he isnt going to protect the constitution then its time for him to bounce.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Why is it that these three are the ones that are attacked the most often?

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

So, what does snowden know about peter king?

And john boehner?

I hope he's going to tell everything.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
We need to punish King and all the rest of those clowns in Washington that are coming out against Ed Snowden.

They are the true enemies of the American people.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The arrogance of these elected officials is startling.

I'm waiting for a grand reset; I'd like all of these idiots kicked to the curb and start over with some fresh minds. The vast majority of people we have in DC now are too far gone IMO.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
We need to punish King and all the rest of those clowns in Washington that are coming out against Ed Snowden.

They are the true enemies of the American people.

there mad that greenwald showed the people a glimps of whos the man behind the Curtains.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Coupled with this thread that I just saw I believe we are in some trying times ahead.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The op of the thread is right, it all starts with dolts like these making outlandish statements followed by us not doing anything about them and a couple years down the road it becomes reality. We need to get rid of these guys now before its to late.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
fascism presents a clear choice does it not?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wonder what's going on now....

The CIA Director resgined about 15 minutes ago.

CIA Director steps down

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

CIA Director steps down

More Scandals are about to drop, mark my words

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by ButterCookie

CIA Director steps down

Absolutely.

If I read the breaking news article correctly, he is being replaced by the White House lawyer. (??)
edit on 12-6-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think the guy technically "retired", seems strange though. Who in a position like that just retires in the middle of the day and in the middle of the week? Did he just decide over lunch that he was too old to go back to his office?

And that Peter King chap should be out on his ear already. What kind of politician in a supposedly democratic nation even contemplates making such a stupid statement? How are idiots like that elected?

Still, idiots can talk rubbish all they like I suppose. Just keep your eyes on the news, because the moment a journalist is arrested for printing the truth you'll have a dictatorship in power.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I don't doubt that is true but the real question is...who will pay for it? Does anyone think the real people behind this usurpation of power will ever be brought to justice? I certainly don't.

Look for a parade of no-name patsies to be rolled out over the coming months.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You gotta love how they have this prism program and go on and say that it has stopped dozens of attacks but yet they it didnt stop or catch the Boston bombers in any way...even after several nations said "Hey, watch these guys."

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You gotta love how they have this prism program and go on and say that it has stopped dozens of attacks but yet they it didnt stop or catch the Boston bombers in any way...even after several nations said "Hey, watch these guys."

Have you seen this?

According to the DHS documents acquired by the Boston Globe, the agents were planning on conducting training exercises centered around a fictitious terrorist group called ‘Free America Citizens’, a group that would plant backpacks full of explosives around Boston that the detectives would be forced to track down. Ultimately, of course, this ended up happening at the Boston Marathon itself with precise accuracy. The Globe report reads that “the city was hit with a real terrorist attack executed in a frighteningly similar fashion.”
www.bostonglobe.com...

From this thread.

Any program designed to abridge our constitutional rights is wrong and should be promptly thrown out. I don’t give a crap how many attacks it supposedly prevented. This is the tool of a totalitarian regime not a democratic republic. This PRISM garbage should have never been allowed to happen in the first place and I hope this guy blows the doors off of this program and it's controllers.

edit on 12-6-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Excuse me, but is this the same Peter King who wanted to prosicute the Attorny general for looking at the phone records of a Fox journalist, looking for their contacts with a leaker, a few days ago?
I guess it's alright go after their guy, but don't go after our's

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

They may point out the need to expand PRISM because of the Boston "miss."

Any program designed to abridge our constitutional rights is wrong and should be promptly thrown out. I don’t give a crap how many attacks it supposedly prevented. This is the tool of a totalitarian regime not a democratic republic. This PRISM garbage should have never been allowed to happen in the first place and I hope this guy blows the doors off of this program and it's controllers.

There's supposed be be a lot more coming. We can hope some of the SOBs running, enabling or supporting this get caught out in the open.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's not Peter King fault , it's the people . He is winning 11 elections in a row

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That is the sad part of it, and something that we as American citizens will start to notice more and more, when the crocks government are the ones in charge, making and passing laws you know that is no justice in the nation, because while they want to go after us the people and those that keep the people informed about the crocks corruption, nobody is going after the crocks in charge

The corruption in government should be procecuted and hang in the public square, but who is going to prosecute them when they are holding the cards.

In other words is not justice in this nation and has not been since the crocks and corruption took over

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Glenn Greenwald has more integrity in his big toe than Rep. King has in his whole body.
Typical response from a government official who fears the truth coming out.
Maybe Rep. King has some dirt on his hands he doesn't want people to know about?
His long stint on the Homeland Security House Committee has probably help pad his bank account by knowing which companies to invest in before they were given contracts by DHS rather like Chertoff.
Yes, Mr. King, your gravy train is about to run off the rails.
Stop blaming others for revealing the truth about things you may have had a hand in doing.
If it was illegal or unethical you should have averred.
Something tells me you went ahead anyway thinking there would never be a reckoning.
When the wheel of justice finally turns I hope it grinds exceedingly fine.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join