It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Morell Resigns As CIA Deputy Director

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Michael Morell, Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, has resigned, the AP reports. Director John O. Brennan said Morell will be replaced by White House lawyer and agency outsider Avril D. Haines, according to the Washington Post. This post is developing... Check back for more...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

WASHINGTON — CIA deputy director Michael Morell resigns.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The deputy director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Michael Morell, has resigned. "As much as I would selfishly like to keep Michael right where he is for as long as possible, he has decided to retire to spend more time with his family and to pursue other professional opportunities," CIA Director John Brennan said in a statement. Michael Morell served 33 years in the agency and was appointed the acting head after the abrupt resignation of retired Gen. David Petraeus. Brennan was eventually confirmed for that post. Morell was the man who briefed President George Bush on Sept. 11. And he was at President Obama's side the day Osama bin Laden was killed during a raid in Pakistan. "I am passionate about two things in this world — the Agency and my family," Morell said in the statement. "And while I have given everything I have to the Central Intelligence Agency and its vital mission for a third of a century, it is now time for me to give everything I have to my family." In his statement, Morell said he knows how that sounds but, "when I say that it is time for my family, nothing could be more real than that." Morell will be replaced by Avril Haines.

www.npr.org...

OK, I attached all those links because I first seen this story at www.drudgereport.com...
BREAKING: CIA deputy director Michael Morell resigns... Developing...

I know how Some People Just Hate Drudge.

Anyway, it kind a looks like the Rats are Fleeing the Ship,,,
E T A:

CIA deputy director Michael Morell has resigned. "Whenever someone involved in the rough and tumble of Washington decides to move on, there is speculation in various quarters about the 'real reason,'" Morell said in statement. "But when I say that it is time for my family, nothing could be more real than that." RELATED: EDWARD SNOWDEN, HERO OR TRAITOR? NSA LEAKER DIVIDES POLITICAL WORLD IN SOMETIMES-UNPREDICTABLE WAYS Morell will be replaced by Avril Haines, who currently serves as a deputy assistant to the president and legal adviser to the National Security Council. In a statement, CIA Director John Brennan said Morell had “decided to retire to spend more time with his family and to pursue other professional opportunities.” With News Wire Services Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

Just Because!
edit on 12-6-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The rats are jumping off the sinking ship...
USS Obama

He decides to retire in the middle of the day on a Wednesday. Give me a brake. somethings up and more bad news is about to brake.
edit on 12-6-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

You Are Correct!
Retire on a Hump day,,,Wednesday,,,
You know, he may just need to keep his eyes looking up!

I did read somewhere, the idea or reason is because Snowden is about to give evidence that Amb Stevens was running military arms to the Syrian rebels who they knowing knew were affiliated with Al Qaeda.

edit on 12-6-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

he is leaving cia to join obama

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Keep your eyes peeled. A CIA Director jumping ship to "Spend more time with his family" is very laughable and something is definately aloof.

Expect more #ith to hitteth the faneth~

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
The rats are jumping off the sinking ship...
USS Obama

He decides to retire in the middle of the day on a Wednesday. Give me a brake. somethings up and more bad news is about to brake.
edit on 12-6-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Yep, I said the same thing elsewhere. Surely his retirement would have been a little more planned than this?

I'm thinking he's decided to leave his position to prevent being called to answer questions, it might be worth watching who else conveniently resigns over the coming days.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
33 years. That's an occult number.

What if in hindsight he was the guy making CIA scandals for promotion? Just a theory.

How come he never shows his teeth in the photos? He looks so repressed, like somewhere there is a bag with a wig and high heels in the back of his closet. That's nothing to ashamed of. I kid. Well it's too late now, he is a private person again.

CIA scandals have been stumped now.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think this is nothing more than him thinking that Susan Rice is a complete moron...

I am unsure if what he is doing is just ignorant or he wants to take down the NSA and CIA down with an ignorant people and get out the ones who have been in there for 30+ years.

Obama put someone who lies at the top of the NSA and this guy probably won't put up with her #. She is not committed to this country, only the BS that Obama tells her to do. She would tap her own mother if Obama told her to do it.
edit on 12-6-2013 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Well it's either more rats jumping ship or it's Obama cleaning house. I suspect the latter.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by guohua

he is leaving cia to join obama

I think not,,,

Morell was passed over for the top CIA spot by President Obama in favor of his counterterrorism adviser, John Brennan, who announced Morrell's departure Wednesday. Brennan said he Morell will be replaced by Avril Haines, currently a deputy assistant to the president and legal adviser at the National Security Council. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

No it looks like Obuma is getting someone who is closer to him, Whom Obuma believes will keep his activities from the public.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Whatever the reason ,it makes me think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg so far ,and whatever is under the water ,is HUGE .

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This Administration is hiding something huge....

The lengths they are going to move people around is a red flag.

The fact these people are being placed into areas that shields them from answering questions in front of Congressional committees is telling.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The NSA woman who brought down the CIA and the NSA.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
yea i find this strange. somethign like this might make sense> resigned to go hide when marshal law kicks in.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

what is the correct day to annonce your retirement on ?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

HAHAHAH, yea he's quitting to "spend time with family". HAHAHAH, nothing to do with allowing the ambassador to die in Benghazi. Garbage people.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
This Administration is hiding something huge....

The lengths they are going to move people around is a red flag.

The fact these people are being placed into areas that shields them from answering questions in front of Congressional committees is telling.

He's quitting before more info regarding Benghazi is released via Snowden most likely

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Something I read led me to believe that he was resigning because he got caught lying to the Senate in order to protect the Department of State regarding Benghazi.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here's an update...

Morell, 54, announced his retirement Wednesday, saying he will leave his CIA post Aug. 9. The White House announced he has been appointed to the President's Intelligence Advisory Board, a group of mostly retired intelligence officers who advise the president on intelligence policy.

www.newsmax.com...

In all honesty, I think the CIA and Obama Administration are at odds with other, which is creating the release of all the recent scandals we've witnessed.

Petraeus blamed the State Department for the Benghazi talking points and Morell tried to protect it.

Now's he's being appointed as an Obama advisor.

The camps are splitting based on who's loyalty lies with who.

edit on 14-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join