It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden has the goods on everyone

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Regardless of if people love or respect him the facts still are he broke the law..that probably has something to do with why they want to arrest him.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by robobbob
reply to post by opethPA

there is no such thing as breaking unconstitutional laws.
nearly everything the Nazis did was meticulously within german law at the time. and just following orders offered no defense in court

Just because something is classified doesn't make it unconstitutional.
Releasing that information without authorization is a crime blah blah blah .
It's ok though , I know it's easier to make illogical comparisons and for people to get worked up rather than apply any real logic.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It is quite possible that he "poked around" a little too much on the machinery. Maybe that one late night hack, that punctured just a little too far. Maybe he saw something that scared the bejeezus out of him. He is young. No amount of brain can make up for inexperience and naivety. He may have seen the devil itself, and it stared back at him. He may have reached a point of no return, before ever getting to the media. It is possible that his media expedition was a last attempt at getting some comforting exposure. Already knowing that he crossed the line, his career was toast, and now fearing for his life, public exposure would assure that the devil would not take him down silently and alone. Let's not lose sight of this possible scenario.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
SIGINT isn't a secret, we all know it is happening; it is reasonable and justified for a nation. However, the # people, individuals, say tends to be unreasonable.

How is this any different? Any logical explanations?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by teachtaire
SIGINT isn't a secret, we all know it is happening; it is reasonable and justified for a nation. However, the # people, individuals, say tends to be unreasonable.

How is this any different? Any logical explanations?

It is a violation of the constitution. It violates 3 of the first five amendments to the constitution. 1, 4, and 5 just in case you need some refference materials. It makes no matter what piss poor excuse of security one thinks such massive intrusion give, it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Bilk22

Don't worry guys he has every piece of evidence to verify every conspiracy. Roswell, Aliens, Big foot, Chupacabra, JFK, 9/11, KFC's secret herbs and spices...

All of it, he knows the names of the real aurora shooters, He has all the dummies from sandy hook, pictures of Elvis on the crapper from last week at a 7/11 in florida, video of Miguel(michael) Jackson moonwalking across the white house foyet as he mops the floor. All the medical evidence Pharma is complete bunk, all the evidence proving GMO is designed to kill the poor, the location of the death ray on the moon and how it's powered by HAARP, The original photos of the film set and props for the "moon" landing, Evidence and photos of the Secret space program and their various interstellar craft even though 50 years ago they didn't go to the moon. A list of all the illuminati members, their membership cards and timeshare certificates, A picture of him having a beer with osama bin laden, more props and a list of actors from the boston marathon.

Yep, don't worry guys he will make you all sound sane.

How much did you get for this post?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

The legislation was voted on peacefully, there is no suggestion that it can't be voted on again at a later date. If you have a problem, go run for office. It's America. We have programs where you know, you can actually participate in voting, even though you occasionally have shady # happen. But this is ATS after all, where it is all fire and brimstone nowadays.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I mean, being able to question this stuff, and have it talked about is legit. The only problem I have is that there is too much bad acting and useless junk on that rots peoples minds. Like everyone here hates on all the news websites. Bad acting. Blegh.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by unphased
and the government is calling for the arrest or conviction of somebody that the people have come to love, and/or respect for their effort.

Regardless of if people love or respect him the facts still are he broke the law..that probably has something to do with why they want to arrest him.

Mandela's gift to every South African, and any citizen of the world if you want it, was restating the basic truth that morality is higher than the law. Especially laws made by corrupt and self serving politicians.

What is right and wrong, good and evil? The larger the circle that you are optimizing for, the smaller the group that will in the long run be disadvantaged, the closer you get to good. The smaller the target of your optimization and the clearer your line of advantaged vs disadvantaged, the closer you walk to evil.

Normally easy to measure, if you speak the truth to yourself.
(lying to yourself is drawing the circle smaller than 'you', a really daft strategy)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkYouSpeak

100 000 he also has the list of all the ats paid posters don't worry :rollseyes:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Don't say stupid stuff then, people get all crazy over nothing and then wonder why the police get down on them. Just have some class and be reasonable in communicating.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I had an idea..whst if someone did a YouTube video suggesting that at the end of every telephone call, email, text etc. Instead of saying goodbye they say "# you obama".

Wouldn't this then generate so many flags/leads that it would cause the system to crash, bringing it down from the inside so to speak?

Maybe it's just my humour that would like to see a viral advert of OAPs talking to their sons on a mobile saying "bye son..oh and # you obama!". Lol.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Question I see is........ Why does he want to come to the UK the main US Ally? I see one of two choices

a. Make a whistle blower to catch a big fish.....Assange.

or

b. He has information so sensitive.... The Special Relationship will be destroyed by the reaction of the British Public/Concerned Members of Parliament

Only time will tell... Meanwhile lets supply Arms to the Syrian Rebels, an adequate distraction. Something my Mother told me once, "Never trap a Rat in a corner, they go for the neck". Each secret released and with each new Whistle Blower It backs itself into a corner....
edit on 14-6-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenson76

Originally posted by zeeon
reply to post by fenson76

That's interesting, because I'm in the Federal System, and that is not the case.
He did obtain his GED and a few community college courses. No certifications, no training, nothing.
Went from Security Guard to IT (for the CIA) then claimed to have been stationed "under cover in Geneva".
Of course, the CIA won't confirm or deny he worked for them, but I think his lack of education and experience speak volumes about the man.

One wonders how you leap frog from a minimum wage security guard to working IT in the CIA (then going "under cover" abroad with no experience, education or background in the field. Like I said before - swiss cheese effect. The guy got lucky.

Really, because I WAS IN THE MILITARY and had a GED. I went to college and the ONLY way I got into the Navy was because they considered college = to HS diploma. I couldn't have gotten into the Navy without it. Maybe the rules have changed since then but that was the rule then. I also had a secret clearance for working on mine countermeasures and sonar. Some people have family issues that keep them from graduating. That is the real world. Snowden was also enlisted for a short time and this is most likely how he got past the screening for GED. If the govt went only for those who have a piece of paper, they would be limiting themselves. Is it so hard to believe that he might have abilities that are beyond what a public high school could teach?? wow
edit on 6/13/2013 by fenson76 because: (no reason given)

Well you should be more specific. Yes, you can enter the military with a GED, however that wasn't always so. There was a time that the services required a HS diploma - when I joined the Navy in 1999 that was the case. When you said "Federal Service" I thought you meant Federal Government service (civil service) not Military service. I was also in the Navy, and now I'm a civil servant in Federal Service - see the distinction?

Secondly, Snowden was never actually active duty enlisted. He was in the Reserves, tried to do Special Forces training, got injured and rocked out. Four months and discharged.

The main point of my argument is that someone with his lack of qualifications, experience and training does not normally walk into the CIA / then leap frog to Booze Allen Hamilton and then the NSA.
Even the DIRECTOR OF THE NSA could not explain how someone with his background managed to get a job with the NSA. Explain that?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Bilk22

Don't worry guys he has every piece of evidence to verify every conspiracy. Roswell, Aliens, Big foot, Chupacabra, JFK, 9/11, KFC's secret herbs and spices...

All of it, he knows the names of the real aurora shooters, He has all the dummies from sandy hook, pictures of Elvis on the crapper from last week at a 7/11 in florida, video of Miguel(michael) Jackson moonwalking across the white house foyet as he mops the floor. All the medical evidence Pharma is complete bunk, all the evidence proving GMO is designed to kill the poor, the location of the death ray on the moon and how it's powered by HAARP, The original photos of the film set and props for the "moon" landing, Evidence and photos of the Secret space program and their various interstellar craft even though 50 years ago they didn't go to the moon. A list of all the illuminati members, their membership cards and timeshare certificates, A picture of him having a beer with osama bin laden, more props and a list of actors from the boston marathon.

Yep, don't worry guys he will make you all sound sane.

Well I thought it was a pretty funny post anyway

Like you say if he did have anything worthwhile it wouldn't be drip fed to us...to sell papers...or give us all false hope, that something will change.

I mean has nobody noticed, no leaking or agitators during the Bush administration but during Obama its like a waterbed a porcupine has slept in. Coincidence? or more likely part of the program.

Also as far as Snowden's character goes...incorruptible saintly figure he supposedly is...lets not forget he worked for the machine willingly and supposedly did such a good job for it that he rose through the ranks suspiciously quickly...Got to live in Hawaii with his hot pole dancer...To me that sounds more like a guy who can be paid off...rather than some white knight.

We will see what his leaks amount to in the real scheme of things, and if it turns out it's another Wikileaks and Assange, then you have your proof...it's all BS. Another instant overnight Messiah who's leaks will save us all, give us hope, and enable us to continue to sit on our collective 455es waiting for change.

I am open to the possibility I could be wrong of course..but we will see.
edit on 14-6-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by asciikewl

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by unphased
and the government is calling for the arrest or conviction of somebody that the people have come to love, and/or respect for their effort.

Mandela's gift to every South African, and any citizen of the world if you want it, was restating the basic truth that morality is higher than the law. Especially laws made by corrupt and self serving politicians.

What is right and wrong, good and evil? The larger the circle that you are optimizing for, the smaller the group that will in the long run be disadvantaged, the closer you get to good. The smaller the target of your optimization and the clearer your line of advantaged vs disadvantaged, the closer you walk to evil.

Normally easy to measure, if you speak the truth to yourself.
(lying to yourself is drawing the circle smaller than 'you', a really daft strategy)

So more platitudes and philosophical ideas that have no real application here.

Every Nation/Govt/State/City/Buisness/Person does , should and will continue to have classified information. Each of those parties have laws protecting the unauthorized release of that information. It doesn't make a difference if it's your ATM password or the highestdeepest secret a country has. If that information is released in an unauthorized manner you can bet someone is going to be prosecuted.

What you have among some posters here are people wanting to play both sides of the coin...

A Nation or the Govt ignores the law when it meets their needs..Impeach them, burn them, arrest them! (play The Imperial March from Star Wars)

The individual ignores the law when it's against the Govt or a Nation...Reward them,. celebrate, praise them (play annoying Ewok celebration song from the end of Jedi)

The fact that it appears that Snowden was trying to do what he thought was best for the country , at this point it appears that way, plays into why I have said all along.. He is a criminal, he should be labeled as such and should be granted immunity. At this point I do not view what he did as treason so immunity would make sense. If it comes out that he is giving classified information to enemies of the state which puts operators or the nation at risk then he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
edit on 14-6-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
@ zeeon

Just out of curiosity, as you also cannot understand how Snowden got to work for the CIA...NSA. And there is no official explanation forth coming either. What does that lead you to conclude about Snowden? See what I mean, people are not looking at the fact's here..they want to believe he is the new messiah on the block, as Assange turned out to be a false prophet...You would think suckers would see the same MO in this savior, sudden appearance and world wide media coverage.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Soooooooooo... The UK are blocking any attempted flights by Snowden to the UK.. yeah great move..let's drag the UK into this Olympic swimming pool full of excrement. Nice.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I guess my assertion that Snowden has much more than just that PP presentation is correct. Now how many text documents can someone store on a 16gb or larger thumb drive?

How Edward Snowden Stole His Cache of NSA Secrets

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

More absolute Bu77 cr4p. The UK gov issues an alert, to tell all airlines not to let Snowden board any flight to the UK..what a load of complete and utter bu77 5hi7..This latest, latest twist to the fairy story and it should really show it up for what it is.

First and foremost, there is no reason in the world, that the UK gov, needed to take this measure and then have it end up in the MSM. Because we all know the immigration officials, inside airports, can put people directly back on flights, so why make this supposedly blatant attempt to stop the whistle blower from coming to the UK..like I said we have the powers to turn anyone back at this end of the flight anyhow...The only feasible reason to generate this news story, and for the Guardian to run with it...is because it gives Snowden some more credibility..."he must be legit, if the UK gov wont let him in"...is that what went wrong with the other disinfo agent Assange, everyone with a brain saw through him too easily?

Firstly why would anyone with even a 5th of a functioning brain, spill state secrets of the only hyper power, then even consider flying to the "51st state" to seek refuge. That's even if Snowden is even considering such a blatantly BS move. But the fact the British gov feels it necessary to put out this latest story, is just as bad.

Why would the UK gov even need to state this intent? When as I said Snowden or Assange or anyone else in their right mind would never seek refuge in the UK if they really pi55ed off the USA. This is clearly a dog and pony show for those to brainwashed too see straight.

The piece in the Guardian is comparing this to the UK's "supposed" issues over housing Assange, yet the US never specifically demanded for Assange to be handed over , some senators might have made noises, but no official request was ever put out there, and if you know anything about the one way extradition traffic between the UK and US, you will know that if the USA ask for someone, he is sent over on the next flight..other than the one very high profile case of Gary Mckinnon, deliberately made high profile to make it appear that the UK can say no the the US, when it never does actually say no and for a bit of proof of that, look no further than the joint invasions of the middle east, when we in the UK had not been hit by a terrorist attack by the Islamist, at that time, nor did we gain any profit from all that oil..

Also for a bit further proof of the (51st state), the UK has already admitted collusion in the PRISM scandal or as good as admitted it through 4rseh0le William Hague's treasonous TV interview..... and when Assange was supposed to be sent to Sweden, on blatantly trumped up rape charges (so every one could see they were trumped up, the MSM said as much, to make sure we all thought he was being framed by the CIA of course..because that's what we were supposed to think, in order for Assange to regain his credibility as an agitator) he jumped into a foreign embassy..STILL IN THE UK THOUGH. The states would kick any embassies door down if it really wanted someone, give me a break. I mean how much respect has the USA showed for international law as a rule? PRISM being yet another example of their contempt for any laws, so are you telling me the same country is going to allow a radical agitators like Assange to hide in plain sight if they really wanted him.

If the plan is for Snowden to get into the UK, he will be given safe harbor here..possibly under some European human rights directive or some BS excuse like that, to make a flimsy justification as to why the UK can now stand up for itself in the face of US pressure..(which of course will all be a huge lie for the public's benefit)...or failing that ruse, he will be put up in an embassy here (some BS front house), just like Assange..I mean why not hide in an embassy in Honk Kong if that's the game...No the UK is better because it is really the 51st state after all, with all the home comforts and easy communications right back to his intelligence handlers...and a place you can still spread all the disinformation and highly useless leaks all day long.

Also now that Snowden is an instant messiah, with his world changing leaks (nothing has changed of course in reality), the naive students and left wing protesters, will along with a sizable chunk of the guardian readership and the Channel 4 news viewers etc...oh and the BBC viewers...because they are all peddling the same line on Snowden ...basically that he is a hero to the people...of course no broadcaster or newspaper says it directly, they just have to pitch it as a David and Goliath scenario and everyone is then on board with Snowden as the underdog. So the Great British public are already behind Snowden. And if the Great British public throw a few big protests if he gets here, that is, then the UK gov will insist that they have to obey the public opinion ( the same public that protested the Iraq/Afghan wars and was ignored)...see its so set up...but seeing as I've sussed the plan and it will now have to be changed to plan C.

So on every level this whole drama stinks worse than an open sewer IMO.

I think this will be my last comment on this whole set up, as you cant get through to people anyhow and the world keeps turning...also devious plans can be changed especially when they can see people know what is at foot on boards like this.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join