It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Humane" officer guns down a litter of kittens in front of children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I am not worried by "them" and I don't care about meaningless tokens.

Haha, the perceived nasty only happened in your minds, not in my post. LOL.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Tribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribunal

It wasn't necessarily off topic but it was pretty damn crude.

If you can help it at all try to maintain the integrity of the post. There is absolutely no need to derail it.

If you have a couple of minutes you might stop by this post here:

What has Happened to Our Manners

I think you might benefit from it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ahh you know, bash disabled people to death, that's not wrong.
Beat people with their hands in the air, using batons, hey it's all good.
Taser pregnant ladies, in the line of duty.
Shoot kittens because fleas. Hey, good job.

If nothing else it shines a very bright light on the sort of utter effing scum that are putting on cop uniforms these days.

"Officer my kitty is stuck up a tree"
"Don't you worry little lucy, I'll get her down for you.... BANG BANG"

no, things have changed. and worse, some people are justifying it. Here, in this thread.

Pigicide. Like genocide only .. meh

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thats such a terrible thing. To destroy life in such a poor pathetic way.

It reminds me of this one time, about a year ago, my brother lives in a more "country" area and he was driving home with the wife and 2 kids, one being 12 the other being 2. And he hit a young deer. So they called the local police to take care of it, so the meat could go to a good purpose. And they sent the sheriff and he came out, didn't say a word, just go out of his car about 30 feet away from my brothers car, and took out his shotgun and just shot the deer. Infront of the whole family. Just sad, and they wonder why we think they are the bad guys? Young children grow up to see these "police" just walk up and shoot bambi.

Do I understand it what was needed to be done? Yes, but should he of told my brother and his family to go ahead and drive away before blasting its head off? Yes.

Its not rap music and tv, They are the bad guys because of how they present themselves and by there own actions. Just like how I was raised by my parents. What I do, is what makes me who I am. Words mean nothing.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Ok, now I know this is awful, but that made me snort.

This guy has a history of less than stellar police work, as well. But hey, they circled the wagons for him one more time. "We have carefully reviewed the evidence, and shooting kitties in the back yard is okey-dokey by us! Case dismissed!" Did ya really expect any other outcome?

I won't lie - I don't like cats. As a kid, we had working cats keeping the barn under control, I had a few of them that were friendly, and you know, we made sure they didn't go hungry and were cared for if they were sick, but I never had cats for pets.

Nonetheless, the little # are attracted to me for some damn reason, and we end up with a litter of semi-feral cats in the garage or on the front porch every year. It seems like every spring there's a knock at the door and some cat's sitting there with a little suitcase and a fat tummy.

I don't have a barn yet on the new place, and there's only so many cat applications available for the field and woodpile. So every year I raise a litter of cats I don't know, try to socialize them, pay to have them fixed (although the local vets do this a few times a month on the cheap) and then try to outsource them. If they won't socialize I trap them and donate them to the local managed feral cat colony. I have two that partially socialized and aren't good for pets but are too tame to go to the woods with the colony, so they stay here.

That to say, with a bit of work the woman could have taught the kids how to clean, deflea, neuter and re-socialize some ferals. It would have been a nice project for the kiddies. You never ever give cats to the animal guy, they're as good as dead on the spot, even if most of them aren't as big a buffoon as this ex-cop. You can't even give them to the no-kill shelter if they're unsocial, they don't have the resources to socialize them and they just consume resources until they're euthanized anyway.

I can generally re-domesticate about half the feral kittens I end up with. Some of them are really pretty and friendly, and are easy to re-home. Others, well, there's often a cat colony or a barn they'd be happy in. Farmers will sometimes take non-domesticated cats, just get them rabies vaccinated and you're good to go. The barn is a rough life for a kitty but it's better than car exhaust.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No words to express.

I'm just flabbergasted an officer could do such a thing.

Kittie must have been armed with machine guns.

And btw, these kittens, were not feral cats. None of those kittens stood a chance to become feral.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pennylemon

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

The myth that true feral cats in the US are detrimental to wildlife is exactly that, an oft repeated myth.

FALSE. I can provide you with patient reports and you will see that 90% of the wild songbirds that come into the clinic are the result of a cat attack. Mainly because the "feral colony people" set them up with feeding stations and the cat owners that let their cats outside. Well guess what, those feeding stations attract more than thosecats you feed. They attract birds. Go figure. :-/
edit on 12-6-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diabolical

And btw, these kittens, were not feral cats. None of those kittens stood a chance to become feral.

In my experience, if mom's feral, she teaches the kitties to be unsocial to humans right off the bat.

What you have to watch is being the only human that tries to socialize them unless you want a one-man kitty, that's how I got Patch and Pouncer. I have been able to get Patch to accept the rest of the family, but he's four-footed mayhem with any other human. Pouncer won't accept anyone but me, and she's really awful with anyone else.

The vet didn't believe me. I brought Pounce Cat in for shots once, she was purring and kneading at the counter. "Let me put her in the kennel. And do not reach in there without gloves. Don't get your face close either" "Oh, poo, look at the sweet kitty!"

Later, when I went to pick her up, there was a sign on the cage in bright red letters: Dangerous animal, do not handle without protection

Told ya.

Patch - the cat that won't go away when you're working
edit on 12-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
America's pathological gun fixation has gotten to the point now that it's losing respect not only from the world around it, but from within itself also. It's tearing the fabric of U.S. society apart.

Maybe the only way American society can rid itself of this cancerous gun addiction is through another civil war. Perhaps after tens of millions of its own people murder each other will they start seeing that guns are the panacea to nothing but the root a much their ills; and then maybe they can get to re-writing their archaic, defunct and poisonous Constitution.

The Second Amendment and how its interpreted by gun nuts is to freedom what fundamentalist Islam is to peace.
edit on 13-6-2013 by FromMyColdDeadBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I know this seems insensitive but as I read this I laughed so hard. Im still sore in the stomach from laughing so hard. It is the utter ridiculous nature of the thread and the absurd actions of the officer. Imagining this in my head made me laugh so hard.
I cant believe he used a gun on little kittens hahahahah he could just break their necks or drown them. Why was he wasting bullets? Bullets are about the size of a kittens head hahahahaha omg I cant stop laughing, im sorry

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to ANY of you animal lovers that the mother may be lying and things didn't happen like she said?

No of course not. Big bad cop kills kittens!!!!!

Please people. Get a #ing grip. I got $1000 says this story is missing a lot of facts.And I mean A LOT.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diabolical
No words to express.

You know this...how?

Please enlighten us.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Ahh you know, bash disabled people to death, that's not wrong.
Beat people with their hands in the air, using batons, hey it's all good.
Taser pregnant ladies, in the line of duty.
Shoot kittens because fleas. Hey, good job.

If nothing else it shines a very bright light on the sort of utter effing scum that are putting on cop uniforms these days.

no, things have changed. and worse, some people are justifying it. Here, in this thread.

Pigicide. Like genocide only .. meh

You and other Cop haters here should go become cops.

I'll get a bag of chips and wait. Then watch as you all fail and do and react to a situation like the current police do. I normally agree with your posts but this is so far off it's

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
This officer and his governmental organization should be sued for millions by the woman for traumatizing her kids as well as "child abuse" and charged criminally with "reckless endangerment" IMO. BTW, isn''t discharging a firearm within the city limits prohibited in cities - especially when the situation is NOT life threatening.
Pathetic and disturbing to say the least.

ganjoa

Really? Sued for millions? I watched some drunk hit my father and dog when I was a kid. The dog died,thankfully my father didn't.The dude got something like 2 months in jail. Yet you suggest that this woman and her kids sue because some feral cats got killed and it "traumatized them"??? Get the # out of here.

I want my millions. America has become too pussified. Oh and not to mention too many people put animals ahead of humans.Sad.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Did it ever occur to ANY of you animal lovers that the mother may be lying and things didn't happen like she said?

No of course not. Big bad cop kills kittens!!!!!

Please people. Get a #ing grip. I got $1000 says this story is missing a lot of facts.And I mean A LOT.

True. They were coming RIGHT AT HIM.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Your sarcasm fails.

The stunned observer alerted the Ohio SPCA to the officer's actions, and the animal rights group responded with a Facebook campaign to "expose" the behavior and call for accountability.

“Her children were upstairs in view of the windows.

The first 3 words in the above quote are important. What's it say? OBSERVER. Not plural..

What's the last line say as that's important to. Was it done in front of the children or were they upstairs,in full view? Whatever the hell that means. The media is playing this up.Simply because it's kittens.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240
Thats such a terrible thing. To destroy life in such a poor pathetic way.

It reminds me of this one time, about a year ago, my brother lives in a more "country" area and he was driving home with the wife and 2 kids, one being 12 the other being 2. And he hit a young deer. So they called the local police to take care of it, so the meat could go to a good purpose. And they sent the sheriff and he came out, didn't say a word, just go out of his car about 30 feet away from my brothers car, and took out his shotgun and just shot the deer. Infront of the whole family.

The case you mention is entirely different in some very important particulars. First of all, the weeks old kittens in the OP were not dying in agony, or indeed in any medical distress of any kind when they were blown to bits by the insane officer who killed them. There was no need for him to have done the deed on site, he could have taken those kittens in a box, to an out of the way location, if killing them was the only way forward, and put them down there instead because there was no urgency in the matter. The animals were in no pain before the first slug left the barrel.

In the case of your brother and his family seeing a bit of reality, the stituation was very different. The deer was mortally wounded, and dying in agony. In that scenario, the suffering of the deer needed to end, and end fast. The sheriff correctly deduced that the suffering of the deer was a more pressing concern than the fine feelings of the family whose car caused the pain in the first place. The sheriffs actions were laudable, despite the confrontation with reality that your family members had, and how they might feel about that. The two incidents therefore, are not really comparable in terms of the virtue of the official concerned, or thier conduct or the reasoning they used previous to acting.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by Bedlam

Your sarcasm fails.

Oh, I dunno. His excuse was that they growled and hissed at him.

The stunned observer alerted the Ohio SPCA to the officer's actions, and the animal rights group responded with a Facebook campaign to "expose" the behavior and call for accountability.

“Her children were upstairs in view of the windows.

The first 3 words in the above quote are important. What's it say? OBSERVER. Not plural..

What's the last line say as that's important to. Was it done in front of the children or were they upstairs,in full view? Whatever the hell that means. The media is playing this up.Simply because it's kittens.

I think shooting any small animal in someone's yard is probably over the top, and demonstrates unbelievably bad judgement. Kittens or no.

You just can't make an argument for self-defense, growling and hissing or no. Especially the bit about telling the kiddies he's going to send them to kitty heaven.

Grant you, I got a larf out of that because I'm a sick puppy but damn, that's pretty bad decision making. Not that it's this guy's first time.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This news vid shows pretty clearly how close the shooting was to the house and that the shooting happened in a neighborhood full of kids playing in their yards and houses pretty close together. I just don't see how they could justify discharging a firearm in this neighborhood for anything that was not a life or death emergency.

You would think that a person employed as a humane officer would be an animal lover. This guy seems to be just the opposite; a jerk with a callous disregard for animal life who probably gets off on killing defenseless animals. His remark to the mother about sending them to "kitty heaven" speaks volumes.

They need to fire this guy and hire someone who actually cares about animals in his place. Who wants to bet he got the job because he's related to someone in power?

edit on 6/13/13 by FortAnthem because:
____________ extra DIV

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

FALSE. I can provide you with patient reports and you will see that 90% of the wild songbirds that come into the clinic are the result of a cat attack. Mainly because the "feral colony people" set them up with feeding stations and the cat owners that let their cats outside. Well guess what, those feeding stations attract more than thosecats you feed. They attract birds. Go figure. :-/

Hollie,
There is a big difference between Feral felines and Domestic felines. The biggest difference is in the case of attacks on songbirds is that domestic cats go after prey for fun and the ferals go after prey to feed. The domestic cat will then either bring the bird into the house or gets caught playing with in in the yard which then allows the human owner to bring the injured bird to the clinic while still alive. The main cause for this situation is that most folks will set up songbird feeders in an area populated by indoor/outdoor domestic felines who generally do their fun hunting during the daylight hours while feral felines tend to do their hunting at night.

It's clear that you must work in the veterinary field and while it is a sad thing to see wildlife injured there are many studies that show that feral felines are not the main cause of songbird deaths and injuries. You can read these in the link I provided in my original post and I would be happy to post these again if you missed it.

Penny

<< 1  2    4 >>

join