It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercy Murder In Iraq By US Soldiers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't know all the details. But can supply more. I'll have to ask.

I was pretty pissed, when I found out that a cop was drawing a chalkline around a living person. But again, I was not there..Still, it didn't make sense to me. Even a token attempt at first aid would have been better.

I also think, that there needs to be an investigation, into the alleged "mercy killing" in Iraq. More details could help settle the story.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Shame if the medics are busy elsewhere for an hour isn't it? Especially if you have nobody to spare to risk moving him.

I've seen a bloke demand an ambo give first aid to his brother, even though the dead poor bastard nearly had his head taken off in the car accident that killed him.

The guys brother had to be restrained by other motorists because he felt the ambo was letting his brother die (couldnt accept he was already dead).

The poor ambo was shaking, trying to give first aid to those he could help live.

What a god awful job.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I don't know all the details. But can supply more. I'll have to ask.

I was pretty pissed, when I found out that a cop was drawing a chalkline around a living person.

spacedoubt,

I think this story is not very accurate and I have to base that on the fact that chalk lines are the stuff of Hollywood, not real-life police work.

What I do know to be true, because I have seen the footage and there are pictures on this site of people who have set themselves afire and the photographer will keep filming instead of helping.

There was an incident in Washington, DC some years back and the photographer was about the only one around and he would not put down his camera to help the poor man.

The case of the paparazzi and the crash that killed Diana and company is one example I could find on the internet.

www.canoe.ca...

Hold the phone! I just found this.

We also heard from cops and other crime-scene investigators in Los Angeles, New York city, New York state, Washington state, the District of Columbia, Ohio, North Carolina, New Mexico, and a few other places. A couple said outlining the body was done once in a while, but generally only in exceptional circumstances--for example, if the victim was still alive and had to be taken to the hospital before examination of the crime scene could be completed.

www.straightdope.com...

So, I may be completely wrong about this, although the practice does seem to be falling into disfavor.

[edit on 04/11/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
.............. I was not there..Still, it didn't make sense to me. Even a token attempt at first aid would have been better.

Unfortunately, there is the possibility according to the laws of the state his actions may have been the right ones. What I mean by that is that it may be policy to have him do just as he did. In the litigious society that we live in he may actually over expose him and the agency involved to lawyers.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by vibetic
I thought Bush was pro-life. No abortion, no euthanasia... So How come there can happen something like mercy killings on the battlefield ?

That's the funny thing about religious conservatives. They are all for protecting the unborn, but once you're born, they think you should be on your own, and when you reach military age, they don't hesitate to send you to die in another country to further their agenda.

A convervative will do anything to save the unborn, but will pursue the death pentalty for an abortion doctor.

A conservative loves the unborn, but is all for the death penalty.

Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
..................A conservative loves the unborn, but is all for the death penalty. ..............

actually, that makes more sense then: killing the unborn on a whim....and being against the death penalty. especially being for partial birth abortion and against the death penalty....folks like that i just can not understand at all.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Originally posted by vibetic
I thought Bush was pro-life. No abortion, no euthanasia... So How come there can happen something like mercy killings on the battlefield ?

That's the funny thing about religious conservatives. They are all for protecting the unborn, but once you're born, they think you should be on your own, and when you reach military age, they don't hesitate to send you to die in another country to further their agenda.

A convervative will do anything to save the unborn, but will pursue the death pentalty for an abortion doctor.

A conservative loves the unborn, but is all for the death penalty.

Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?...

Good God, people! You have no idea the political leanings of the soldiers involved! You just can't miss an opportunity to strike at your enemy, even if it means jumping to conclusions and deliberately misleading people.

You act like the President himself shot the boy. What, every soldier is a conservative? Every soldier supports the war/this administration? NO....I don�t think so.

Thankfully, I have never had to make a mercy killing, so I don�t know what was going through the minds of those soldiers, but I feel confident they did not do this out of malice. Can you imagine what it must be like be in their position, to make that choice? Now combine that with the stress/adrenaline/confusion/guilt/shell shock they must have been experiencing.

I don�t know if they made the right decision or not, and I never will. I was not there. None of you to my knowledge (correct me if I am wrong), with the exception of Curme maybe, can even begin to understand what it is like over there during combat. How can you judge those soldiers?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'm just trying to figure out how people typing out posts on a conspiracy website thousands of miles away and months later can possibly know more about the situation than the people who were right there, a few feet away, watching this all happen in person under the night sky.

Here's a quaint idea for those who wish to at least pretend to have an interest in justice: let's wait for the results of the trial before judging anyone guilty of anything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join