It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Forest fire north of Colorado Springs consumes more than 7,500 acres; dozens of homes gutted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Black Forest fire north of Colorado Springs consumes more than 7,500 acres; dozens of homes gutted

gazette.com

Here's where it stands at 3 a.m.: The fire has blackened about 8,000 acres and officials estimate that 60 homes have been damaged or destroyed. A 55-square mile area is evacuated, encompassing more than 2,000 homes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.cnn.com

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
For any ATSers that live in the area of the fires...stay safe, and keep us posted. This fire season seems to have started early this year. I live near the Rockies and we had awful fires last year it took weeks to get the fires under control. I hope we do not have a repeat of last years fires here again, they were brutal. The whole area was smoke filled for weeks and I can't tell you the migrain head aches I and others got from having to breath the smoky air...my thoughts go out to all those who live in colorado.

gazette.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

My heart felt wishes to all involved...

Having fought bushfires here in Oz. I can appreciate the situation.

Do they have the Ericsson sky-crane heli's on the job ?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

I dont know about the heli but I just watched the morning news and they said they have the fires under 0(zero) containment...not looking good at all...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I heard about this on Twitter. One of people I'm following put up some pics yesterday. I'm going to see if I can find them and post them here.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Colorado Springs area again? I remember the one from last year and I think that one was in June also.

I know we have members in that area, hope everyone stays safe!

I saw this video and I can't even imagine something like that.

I could hear the roar and the explosions of residential propane tanks heading toward Black Forest and Shoup Roads. Then came a wave of intense heat followed by a burst of fast-moving, oncoming flames. Firefighters and cops panicked, ordering me to leave: "Take pictures somewhere else," yelled one officer. I'm certain within moments of my escape the fire gobbled up a gas station and Firehouse BBQ restaurant at the corner I was standing on
youtube.com

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have a remedy for this particular problem....$$$...Not much considering the price of a new home.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

One of people I'm following put up some pics yesterday. I'm going to see if I can find them and post them here.
reply to post by TheComte

That would be great thanks

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

These pics were taken within the past 24 hrs. Colorado/Black Forest

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread, for anyone interested there is also a discussion about it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join