It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Admits Boston Training Drill Involving Backpack Explosives Planned Months Before Marathon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Originally posted by Boncho
reply to post by adjensen

I've already pointed out in this thread (and so have others) that a number of posters are outright lying.

Always with your old stand by eh Bonch ?
edit on 13-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I thought the brand of cooker would be undetectable.

They found the lid, from which they determined that it was a 1.6 gallon cooker. Here's one on amazon: Fagor 670040230 Stainless-Steel 3-in-1 6-Quart Multi-Cooker. The specs on that says that at its widest, it's 13 1/2 inches. Now, do you want to tell me that it's impossible to fit a 13 1/2 inch wide pan in a backpack? Maybe a "Dora the Explorer" kid's backpack, but not the ones they were carrying in the videos.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Can you tell me with out doubt that by the videos there is a 13and 1/2 in cooker in there ?
Sorry Jen I don't believe you can.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by raifordko

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by raifordko
To all you idiots who keep using the "BOSTON GLOBE TWEETED ABOUT CONTROLLED EXPLOSION" are showing why so many people don't believe conspiracy theorists. You dilute the truth by being #ing retarded.

storify.com...

I lived in Boston for work during the explosion. The controlled explosion was to destroy a suspicious device.

So they blew something up at the same location where the real bomb exploded? Dilute the truth huh?

Yes, that's exactly how it works. If some loonys just blew up a bunch of innocent people and you find a backpack or some such container all by it's lonesome you blow it up....Your reaction shows you have a preconceived notion about what you want to think took place.

"They did a controlled explosion after an uncontrolled explosion, so therefore aliens."
edit on 12-6-2013 by raifordko because: Fat Fingers on a phone

So what exactly did they blow up? And spare me the aliens bull $hit together with script all you guys use, Preconceived notion my as$. You come in here and in your very first post you call people retards.

Instead of being a dick why don't you post some facts about what was blown up, when it was found and blown up, and where it was found and blown up.

edit on 12-6-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

Does it matter what was blown up? Chances are they have no idea. How that typically works is they find the suspicious package, they cover it with a casing that contains explosives, they detonate...usually leaving nothing behind except charred ashe. Then they check the ashe to see what residue is left behind and they can typically rule out their own explosives because it is has a specific chemical signature.

I linked an article that showed the timelines for the activity. Here is another:

dailybail.com...

And here is the actual Boston Globe twitter feed:

twitter.com...

My favorite is this:

Jim Amos ‏@graphikjunkie 15 Apr
@BostonGlobe to idiots who believe @realalexjones conspiracy theories - this tweet was a whole hour after the first bombs went off

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Can you tell me with out doubt that by the videos there is a 13and 1/2 in cooker in there ?

Of course I can't say that, I have no idea what's in an enclosed space.

But you claimed that it wouldn't fit in there, and I think I've shown that it could. Back to you for proof that it couldn't.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

But you claimed that it wouldn't fit in there, and I think I've shown that it could. Back to you for proof that it couldn't.

Very true I'll give you that. And yet it is still no more believable

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Very true I'll give you that. And yet it is still no more believable

Well, believability is simply subjective. You don't believe that the Russian kids did it, I believe that they did. Until conclusive evidence is presented, that's all we have, our opinions, and as each of ours are likely to be intractable, it's probably a good thing that neither of us is in the potential juror pool

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The only problem there is I still won't be able to believe they were guilty even if it's proven by our kangaroo system.
A system that still sends innocents to prison everyday. I could never be on a jury because I have no faith in the corruption. Everyones innocent.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
...I've already pointed out in this thread (and so have others) that a number of posters are outright lying.
...What is the reason for posters in this thread, what is their excuse for lying though?

Just for clarity's sake - would you mind elaborating on what you are calling "lying"...?
Don't need to give specifics if you choose not -- just -- like --
Does representing a falsehood...while not knowing it is a falsehood, qualify?
Or, is it in a more fundamental sense of - Knowing you're representing a falsehood...with ulterior motive?
Or...another angle I've not specified...?
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
All this does is implement the American GOVT who planned this attack.

JFK presidential library was "set" on fire that day too. betcha that would of been a destination for one of the backpack packages in the military drill.

This is spin, on their own documents that implement the fact that the GOVT thought the same things as these TERRORIST. Know thy enemy. thanks NSA and Hi again

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Because they had no idea it was going to happen. You are missing the point and I'm wondering if it's intentional in order to stagnate the concept. The fbi would be waiting on these guys to contact them thinking they (the fbi) were in control of these guys and then BOOM they gus looked up and made their own bomb and set it off during a drill they heard about. They could easily look up and build the simple bombs and let them off.then the fbi would have to hide their connections.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

...I've already pointed out in this thread (and so have others) that a number of posters are outright lying.
...What is the reason for posters in this thread, what is their excuse for lying though?

Just for clarity's sake - would you mind elaborating on what you are calling "lying"...?
Don't need to give specifics if you choose not -- just -- like --
Does representing a falsehood...while not knowing it is a falsehood, qualify?
Or, is it in a more fundamental sense of - Knowing you're representing a falsehood...with ulterior motive?
Or...another angle I've not specified...?
Thanks!

Outright lying: Claiming that the source of this, the OP article, was suggesting the drill was being held on the day of in Boston.

See this post here.

Another one.

May as well give this one a go.

Twittter HOAX mentioned again in this thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

...Outright lying: Claiming that the source of this, the OP article, was suggesting the drill was being held on the day of in Boston.

See this post here.

Another one.

May as well give this one a go.

Twittter HOAX mentioned again in this thread.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I wonder, though, how many that make such "claims"...are not telling the falsehood...knowing it as false, but rather...have only paid attention to facts (that turned out to be "lies", as you put it) that inspired their "fancy"...on both sides of the aisle.

ETA: Now that I've reviewed the links...I think I've come to an entirely different conclusion than you.
Your "clarification" let me know that you make no distinction...lumping misinterpretation, misunderstanding, a poor aptitude for "establishing a case" and deductive reasoning (which can go hand in hand with - I will believe "this particular conspiracy angle" until I die)...etc...under "outright lying".
But - it don't matter - I'll see your frustration...and...raise you one.

edit on 6/13/2013 by WanDash because: Furthering chaos

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boncho

I've already pointed out in this thread (and so have others) that a number of posters are outright lying.

Always with your old stand by eh Bonch ?

Randy do you have anything constructive to add? Does your rhetorical question strengthen your stance and bring anything useful to this discussion?

Or should people see your comment as some insightful remark which must insinuate something about myself. "Well gee, Randy pointed out something about Boncho, it must mean he knows a lot! Must mean that this is all a sham and there was no bomb and its all actors, blah blah blah..."

Is that what people should take from your post?

The simple fact is that the OP is not much of a revelation at all. 2 years prior they hosted the same drill, under the same name, and it was scheduled for a third year two months after the marathon.

Some people are saying that, "Yeah but it was similar because the drill this year was gonna have bombs in backpacks!"

Well... Given your whole propensity to accuse this as being something planned by the state, seems odd they would do a drill for the same thing should they be planning to do the actual thing prior to when the drill was!

Forget the fact that the drill didn't actually involve any explosives. The drill was going to be a call in for explosives, and the actors (bad guys) were doing it simply as a ruse to find out how many people responded and what the government protocols were.

The agents involved in the drill, were supposed to realize this, then work on tracking down the suspects with the limited information available.

Point 2:

Some people are bring up other articles suggesting an actual drill was being held in Boston day of the marathon. While this isn't the topic of the thread, it does tie in closely.

The evidence for this is a couple people claiming they heard "This is just a drill don't worry folks" type announcements the day of Boston.

The other evidence is "Spotters on the roof" and "Drill teams with bomb sniffing dogs".

Well, the spotter on the roof, was someone taking a coffee break and probably catching a bit of the marathon. That was debunked online. The dogs, it's normal for dogs to sweep big public venues like this and it does not imply a drill taking place, simply law enforcement running safety checks.

As for the eyewitness testimony, there's no recordings of people catching this on camera (audio) so I don't know what to say on it. I haven't looked into it specifically.

It's possible an LEO was telling people it was all a drill, simply to try and calm their panic after the bombs went off. Or, the eye witnesses are taking information they heard from people who werent LEOs but thought they knew what was going on the day of, at the events, and were shouting that out to people.

In either case, the gov said no drills were taking place and maintained that afterwards.

So I'm not sure what the big deal is with this.

If a drill was taking place, why would they cover it up afterward.

You know, the ideas people have just don't meld well together.

1. It was a drill, held so they could set it off themselves.
2. It was fake, never happened, all photoshop and CGI.
3. It was all actors and fake blood.
4. It was a bomb, set off by the FBI.
5. The FBI made the brothers set of the real bomb.
6. Craft did it.
7. It was the Nazis, on the moon, in their bases, remotely controlling the brothers.

Okay I made the last one up.

But it seems like the same people jump over every new idea that pops up even if it contradicts previous one's they were advocating.

Or they jump on any idea even if it's shown either a) it doesn't make sense. or b) it's a fabrication.

People jumped on it in this thread, "It's just like 7.7 and 9.11, a drill on the same day!"

But it wasn't. It was a drill, which they had been carrying out for years prior, and it was scheduled for 2 months later. So sorry I had to point out the lies and misinformation.

Heck, I thought people would be grateful since they are always complaining the MSM lies to them. But I guess you just want lies that you want to believe. As long as they fit in with what you want right?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by boncho

Because they had no idea it was going to happen. You are missing the point and I'm wondering if it's intentional in order to stagnate the concept. The fbi would be waiting on these guys to contact them thinking they (the fbi) were in control of these guys and then BOOM they gus looked up and made their own bomb and set it off during a drill they heard about. They could easily look up and build the simple bombs and let them off.then the fbi would have to hide their connections.

There wasn't a drill going on the day of the marathon though, this has been covered countless times. It was scheduled 2 months after.

And if the FBI was radicalizing them, why would they cut off surveillance of them?? If the brothers cut off the FBI, fine, but that doesn't mean they are going to stop watching the brothers...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Randy do you have anything constructive to add? Does your rhetorical question strengthen your stance and bring anything useful to this discussion?

Only not where you're conserned Boncho because of exactly what I pointed out.
Which is to be clear, the way you constantly accuse everyone of lying. It's pathetic
and it really does bother me when you've even accused me of such a petty
fiasco.

I always maske it a point to speak the truth as I know it concerning these boards
and to have you accuse me of
lying won't be forgotten.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

so you trust your GOVT then?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If there was no drill, then why was the alphabet(FBI, DHS, ect.) there with working dogs telling everybody don't be alarmed, there are just conducting a drill...

The evidence that there was some sort of 'drill' is quite overwhelming.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Only not where you're conserned Boncho because of exactly what I pointed out.
Which is to be clear, the way you constantly accuse everyone of lying. It's pathetic
and it really does bother me when you've even accused me of such a petty
fiasco.

Did you miss this post? It's not my fault you didn't read the thread. I am not accusing people, I am stating fact. And I back it up with something to show how I came to that conclusion.

I always maske it a point to speak the truth as I know it concerning these boards
and to have you accuse me of
lying won't be forgotten.

I don't remember specifically outing you for a lie in this thread. I did say you enjoy believing lies that fit in with what you want to believe, which I know of you after our little run ins on the forum.

Two very different statements however. It's possible I called you one in another thread. But I only would have done that if it was true. So I don't see what your issue is.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by boncho

If there was no drill, then why was the alphabet(FBI, DHS, ect.) there with working dogs telling everybody don't be alarmed, there are just conducting a drill...

The evidence that there was some sort of 'drill' is quite overwhelming.

It's been posted in numerous places on the web, that dogs are seen at a lot of big public events like this. Those are eyewitness reports, the same you are going on with claims that happened in Boston.

All the ones I read too, said that they heard "it's just a drill" after the bombs went off. Which again, I stated it's possible a random person, and organizer, or a LEO officer not working in an official capacity could have got ahead of themselves and said that to people to try and calm them down, or so they weren't scared.

Just as probably as a drill being held, with no record of a drill being held. And official word that no drill was held.

He said she said.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join