It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Admits Boston Training Drill Involving Backpack Explosives Planned Months Before Marathon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Sorry about the confusion!

Thanks for linking that thread. Read through it and couldn't find any resources for others claiming the PA announcements. Just the Cross Country Coach statement. I'll be on the look out for those statements now tho!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander
OK. The library is on Boylston St. --- the finish line is on Boylston St.
If the runners were moving toward the bottom of the wording "Finish", they were going from right to left in this picture. The first explosion was on the right side of the street, when watching the runners approach.
Am I correct so far?
This would put the first expolsion somewhere in front of the library, if it was within the same block. Would it not.
I am saying all this because I have never been able to pin down exactly where the bomb was sitting.
It was susposed to be near a store but blew the railing next to a mailbox back into the crowd.
I only hope I do not have the two explosions enter-mixed and confused. This is not my intension.I jus want to get a clear picture in my head.
Another thought. Could it be that the store in question shares the same building as the library? Don't have answers, so I ask questions.

In this pic, you can see the female winner crossing the Finish Line...and observe the "north" side of the street (where the bomb exploded)...

This pic shows the first bomb exploding...which shows that the later finishers crossed the line from the same direction as the Winner/s...

To the left of both of those pictures, are the "grandstands", which (I believe) are positioned directly in front of the Library...

I haven't seen a picture (yet) that allowed me to clearly identify where the first bomb was "planted". You can get a general idea from some of the video footage...but, in my opinion, only a "general idea".

Regarding the other location (second explosion)...photographs of the Crime Scene Investigators show that they were concentrating quite a bit, on the tree in front of the Forum Restaurant... (Photos from the following day - or a couple days after - show that they "removed" the tree.)

edit on 6/12/2013 by WanDash because: Clarification

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I must have the two explosions mixed together somehow.
I know I have seen pictures of injured people lying close to a mailbox and guard railing "pushed" back toward the buildings.
I do not, however, remember seeing a tree in those pics. I could well have over looked it, but just saying.
That does not make much difference now. But I do have a much clearer sense of the location now than I did before.

Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
And this news surprises anyone? I doubt if it will wake the dumb masses. They are too busy cooking out and planning summer vacations. Nothing wrong with either, just wish they would be more efficient with their time and multitask with skill like me!

I am not the sharpest pencil, but with a little common sense I do have, the morning of the fake bombings(I didn't know they were fake at first) , I still can see and remember the first video of the second bombing( the one with all the pictures of the fake victims), Okay, the video camera guy or person, when the bomb goes off, this dude is in the street pans the camera of the smoke bomb plume up following the smoke up, then while walking toward the smoke cloud, shoots the camera at a distance, with no detail, catching all the screaming and fake chaos.

I would not look at any pics of the gruesome pictures the media was telling me about for several days because I don't like to see any of that, Until I caught wind that this is possibly another false flag?!?

Then, I immediately got on the web and saw the fake victim pictures and nonsense! This made me sicker to my stomach!!!

And by the way, Richard DesLauriers just resigned, or was forced to step down?, which he was the FBIs lead investigator of the Boston Fake Bombings.

Nothing to see here. Nobody is listening and I don't even care anymore.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by jaws1975
Take the drill that even described the type of skull and bones symbols they were to be wearing

From the Boston Globe article, underlining mine:

Free America Citizens, a home-grown cadre of militiamen whose logo would be a metal skull wearing an Uncle Sam hat and a furious expression, according to a copy of the plans obtained by the Boston Globe.

Now, how does that description mesh with the "Punisher" logo branded hats worn by a couple of Massachusetts National Guardsmen at the event?

I don't know about you, but I don't see any "Uncle Sam hat wearing metal skull" in there.

, and add to it the L.A times article that describes intelligence of a possible bombing at the finish line several days before the marathon.

How do you reconcile intelligence of a possible bombing with it being a drill? Spies spying on spies? Someone involved in the conspiracy who blabbed early and then shut his mouth?

Pretty obvy what kind of picture this is painting

I think your "clear picture" is a lot of conjecture and invalid assumptions.

The men that many believe resemble Craft intl could definitely pass for militiamen.

The men wore clothing with skull patches.

The media were initially talking at great length about how the culprits were probably right wing extremists.

That's three hits right there, conjecture... Maybe, common sense kindergarten level dot connecting....probably.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Once again, alternative media spreading disinfo. Things like this just goes to show how the conspiracy crowd can be easily manipulated. Sad, sad times.

_____

Originally posted by Philippines
Can anyone confirm Craft International employees (mercenaries) were at the event? I have seen a lot of photos like the ones below which implicates Craft Int. being present. Or is this another hoax / misinformation?

That has been explained, they were National Guard Civil Support Teams. Even infowars.com admitted as much.

Thanks for the fast response. It certainly does solve the uniformed khaki guys except for the one in my pic (which actually conveniently corresponds to the infowars pic, and mine was from a random image search from seeing craft before somewhere).

Hovever, that cover with the Craft logo wouldn't make sense to be on a person on duty that isn't Craft. anyways, late, night, etc..

Here is the quote:

Infowars - Military Men Witnessed At Boston Bombing Identified As National Guard CST Teams

It is, of course, also possible that he was indeed working for Craft International, in which case his presence remains a mystery. Either way, the FBI needs to address this picture.

edit on 12-6-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander
...I must have the two explosions mixed together somehow.
I know I have seen pictures of injured people lying close to a mailbox and guard railing "pushed" back toward the buildings.
I do not, however, remember seeing a tree in those pics. I could well have over looked it, but just saying.
That does not make much difference now. But I do have a much clearer sense of the location now than I did before.

Thanks again.

If you were in the street looking at the Forum Restaurant (where the second explosions took place), the tree was situated almost directly in front of the door (close to the street), and the mailbox would be a few feet to the right of the tree, but right at the curb.
This is the aftermath (before the tree was removed and the sidewalk/etc...cleaned)...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

So it's all just more coincidence were supposed to suck down ? Once you have to much coincidence everything else becomes far more believable.
edit on 12-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
there is a distinct line of reasoning appearing to the tune of "well the drill wasn't EXACTLY like what happened".

true, there are some differences (mostly cosmetic i would argue), and perhaps i could dismiss it as coincidence if it were only once, but the repeated event of drills predicting the future (quite accurately) make this more than coincidence.

if i posted a "prophecy" that backpack bombs would be used in boston in a terrorist act, and that the perpentrators would hijack a vehicle to get away, but one would be killed and left by the abandoned stolen vehicle, how many here would say "well that's just coincidence"?

what if i did it again, and again, and again?

what if the same agency i claimed carried out the attack was a branch of the same group funding terrorists overseas, in say...syria? and that this wasn't the first time, not even close to the first time.

why are we debating over "the hat just had a metallic skull (never mind that they were undercover agents), not a metallic skull decorated in a more specific way"? the plans called for these terrorists to be watching to gauge police reactions (as the people with metallic skull hats and earpieces were watching).

in the immortal words of GWB: "fool me once, shame on...shame on you..........you fool me, you can't get fooled again"

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

If you look at the photos of the guardsmen they are all pretty much dressed alike. Plus, those 2 men were photographed together both before & after the event with the other guardsmen.

All the speculation around that hat. I've seen people claim Craft, Navy Seals, and Blackwater. So you are free to choose if you think that one guy was one of those or just a guardsman that has a Punisher hat. (here is a link to a pretty large version of it, if you would like to inspect it.)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
We did hear the story of a drill right from the start, now it's official. So maybe, (in the light of recent events) we should go over the nub of what happened again. Two bombers/individuals [known to the security services] managed to plant two bombs, in a copycat of the drill. FBI says they have pictorial evidence of one of the bombers dropping his bag at one site of an explosion, the emphasis though that it was cctv, not a photograph, which was the only thing we did get. And there is also the 'Mr Green', (a real person) photograph showing the younger brother fleeing from the street without a backpack, a picture that the FBI said was "one of the most valuable pictures they had" ? (what about the video they said they had) Yet that picture was clearly interfered with in the area of the backpack??

So now we have Edward Snowden's revelations about the NSA, and their shenanigans, and being able to 'eyeball' technologically everybody and their granny, and suspicious people..eesy peesy. How the feck did they miss Boston??? even in the days before. While I had mulled about this before, thinking local FBI whatever since the two were known to intelligence, I didn't consider what the NSA were up to even though generally, the massive spying operations were being talked about for years, (my bad) but now I see that the drill is confirmed I feel that something is just not right, that is kind of confirmed on a recent documentary/report video I picked up on the spying operations.

It is a clip from Euronews,

The reporters last words, (related to Boston) are very telling, and these guys know a lot more than we do.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That's it, I'm changing the debate link in my .sig to last month's

Photographic "evidence" is debunked within said debate, click on the link to read it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

So it's all just more coincidence were supposed to suck down ? Once you have to much coincidence everything else becomes far more believable.

The only supposed coincidence is that the drill that was supposed to take place in June 2013 had bombs in backpacks. That's it. The Boston Bombers were not right wing "patriots", they weren't wearing hats with skulls on them, and they weren't planting bombs all over the city.

Tell me, Randy, what is such a reach about "bombs in backpacks"? What would be a more likely place for a secretive bomber to carry a bomb?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

Was the drill set to take place on the same day?

Reminds me of the 9/11 war games going on on September 11th 2001, just different scale is all.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

That's it, I'm changing the debate link in my .sig to last month's

Photographic "evidence" is debunked within said debate, click on the link to read it.

There are some better pictures that show more about the double glazed windows.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Did you read the article from the OP's source?

You covered this coincidence.

A terrorist group prepared to hurt vast numbers of people around Boston would leave backpacks filled with explosives

You claim that is the only coincidence. If you read the article there are more.

In the scenario, the terrorists would flee police in stolen cars they would dump in cities outside Boston, which would compel detectives from different jurisdictions to cooperate and share intelligence.

That's one heck of a coincidence to just ignore. It gets better.

One major clue would have been the body of one of the terrorists found near a stolen car, dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Sure it's not exactly what happened but it's close enough to make you think.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by raifordko
To all you idiots who keep using the "BOSTON GLOBE TWEETED ABOUT CONTROLLED EXPLOSION" are showing why so many people don't believe conspiracy theorists. You dilute the truth by being #ing retarded.

storify.com...

I lived in Boston for work during the explosion. The controlled explosion was to destroy a suspicious device.

So they blew something up at the same location where the real bomb exploded? Dilute the truth huh?

Yes, that's exactly how it works. If some loonys just blew up a bunch of innocent people and you find a backpack or some such container all by it's lonesome you blow it up....Your reaction shows you have a preconceived notion about what you want to think took place.

"They did a controlled explosion after an uncontrolled explosion, so therefore aliens."
edit on 12-6-2013 by raifordko because: Fat Fingers on a phone

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

they weren't planting bombs all over the city.

You can try and convince people on ATS of your version of events but everything is documented these days on the internet. This was widely reported the days after the bombing, they even had maps they were plastering all over the news. Deny ignorance.

five additional, undetonated explosive devices around the Boston area, the Wall Street Journal reported,

Source

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

To all you idiots who keep using the "BOSTON GLOBE TWEETED ABOUT CONTROLLED EXPLOSION" are showing why so many people don't believe conspiracy theorists. You dilute the truth by being #ing retarded.

storify.com...

I lived in Boston for work during the explosion. The controlled explosion was to destroy a suspicious device.

So they blew something up at the same location where the real bomb exploded? Dilute the truth huh?

Yes, that's exactly how it works. If some loonys just blew up a bunch of innocent people and you find a backpack or some such container all by it's lonesome you blow it up....Your reaction shows you have a preconceived notion about what you want to think took place.

"They did a controlled explosion after an uncontrolled explosion, so therefore aliens."
edit on 12-6-2013 by raifordko because: Fat Fingers on a phone

So what exactly did they blow up? And spare me the aliens bull $hit together with script all you guys use, Preconceived notion my as$. You come in here and in your very first post you call people retards.

Instead of being a dick why don't you post some facts about what was blown up, when it was found and blown up, and where it was found and blown up.

edit on 12-6-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This would have been the third year for Urban Shield, a 24-hour federally funded training exercise meant to test the response of police and other public safety personnel in a large-scale emergency, such as a toxic spill or a natural disaster.

Ok, then why did all sorts of police departments (federal, other jurisdictions) were there to 'help' the capture of TWO 'terrorists'?

I think it fits really well the scenario you described (Urban Shield). The only thing that doesn't fit is that it's supposed to be a 24h exercise and it took about 36 hours.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join