It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
At this point, who cares really? Probably people that live in FL, that will have to live with the aftermath of the incident. To me all evidence has pointed to self defense. I was also on team Trayvon at first, but then afterwords, when stuff started leaking, I followed the clues. I personally think he should have never been charged. The physical damage shows an attack to me, not a fight. Personally, I think Zimmerman was a bit careless, and got himself ambushed. I have been suckerpunched and jumped before, and quite frankly, it sucks. I was lucky there was bystanders to pull the dude off me, once that first hit connected, I was finished, then getting stomped on with no defense at all. Had I had a gun, if I was capable, I would have shot too. Beating someone while they are down and slamming their head in is the pussy move.
edit on Sat, 06 Jul 2013 22:28:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

"fight back"
He didn't fight back, he attacked. Fighting back implies he had a reason to and there was someone fighting him first.

He waited on and ambushed a guy that had NO intention of confronting him. If you used logic and then applied your same hostile language you would see that Martin was in reality a violent, cowardly, criminal, thug that sucker punched a guy walking back to his truck. That is true cowardice and indicative of how thugs fight.

He had plenty of chances to get up, including when a witness told him to, but he kept beating and caught a bullet because of it.

What does it matter that it was a hollow point. He'd be just as dead if it was a target round, but it might have endangered someone else passing through Martin. Hollow points are the responsible self defense round.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Me too. I was jumped and sucker punched. I had my back to the TEEN. I was talking on my phone outside a bar and he tapped me on the shoulder, when I turned he punched me and broke the flip phone in two on my face and then was stomping me before I could react.

I would have shot him if I had had a gun, and started carrying one out after that. I guess Granted Bail would call me a worm and weak, etc.

Nothing you can do in those situations. I was lucky there were people around. I had to get stitches in my mouth and had bruised ribs.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It's just that I am so sick of reverse racism in America. You turn on BET and watch reruns of Night at the Apollo and watch black comedians doing half hour skits making fun of white people and it's all funny and cool. It's fine to say Cracker and whitey and any other derogatory terms relating to white people but at the same time the expectation is to be treated equally.

Paula Dean says the N word 10 years ago and her life is gone. TM is skulking though a residential area, calls the guy who is currently protecting the area a cracker and he's just some innocent kid who learned the term through the culture.

Guess what, I grew up watching Jay Z videos, chingy and Snoop Dog, the culture I grew up in and seen on MTV every day tells me saying the N word is cool and normal, can I go around doing that now then?

You want to whine and cry about racism, go get a bottle of sofly chilled white wine and listen to the worlds smallest violin. Most minorities only give a toss about race when it has something to do with their own viewpoint or ideals and casual toss it aside any other time. Waaaaaaaah.

EDIT TO SAY: I despise Paula D. I just used that as an example, I have never watched any of her shows and pretty much was happy to hear of her cancellation. She is obviously a racist B.

edit on 6-7-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Right now, I thank my lucky stars my sister is out of FL right now lol. I was a bit more concerned when her and her boyfriend where down there. Probably sounds cold, but we both look white lol. Just like Zimmerman, even though we are a good bit native north american. Her boyfriend is also half hispanic and looks white, they were worried enough to move back to NY before the trial even stared, racial tensions were intense.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I had said this the other day but I will again. The defense brought up the toxicology report in front of the jury and in fact the judge brought more attention to it. Those jurors aren't stupid so it was just like saying hey he was on drugs.

That information is probably in the MEs notes that were entered into evidence as well.

Martin liked to fight as we all know now so I wonder if those tapes will be presented. With this judge probably not but if his MMA training is admissible so should TMs fighting.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I had a situation where a father of a schoolmate literally tried to attack me for saying "What's up my nigga" to his son, which was normal for the badass school I went to. I looked too white to say that, he had no problem with the two darker skinned people that said the same exact thing before I did. It was just how we spoke, but he thought I was one of the white bad people saying it, there was a problem. If it had been closer to summer, I doubt there would have been a problem. I get white as hell during the winters lol. Black people think they had it bad, when my ancestors where victims of genocide, a bit worse than slavery I would say.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I had said this the other day but I will again. The defense brought up the toxicology report in front of the jury and in fact the judge brought more attention to it. Those jurors aren't stupid so it was just like saying hey he was on drugs.

That information is probably in the MEs notes that were entered into evidence as well.

Martin liked to fight as we all know now so I wonder if those tapes will be presented. With this judge probably not but if his MMA training is admissible so should TMs fighting.

Thats a good point Grim but I honestly think it's moot. There isn't a person in the world who could honestly say that he is guilty BEYOND A REASONABLE doubt. After all, that is what is needed to convict and not only is that absent from the prosecutions case, I doubt most reasonable people can even sniff any guilt with the evidence that has been presented.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Really?? I live in Seminole county and I am not worried about it happening. If it does then so be it I am well armed as well but that is normal.

It would be hard for me to imagine a mob here. Miami..... maybe but he fact so many people are armed here makes it less likely IMO.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Helious

I had a situation where a father of a schoolmate literally tried to attack me for saying "What's up my nigga" to his son, which was normal for the badass school I went to. I looked too white to say that, he had no problem with the two darker skinned people that said the same exact thing before I did. It was just how we spoke, but he thought I was one of the white bad people saying it, there was a problem. If it had been closer to summer, I doubt there would have been a problem. I get white as hell during the winters lol. Black people think they had it bad, when my ancestors where victims of genocide, a bit worse than slavery I would say.

All things considered, these days, racism is racism, I don't care what color you are. If you make derogatory comments, remarks or treat people differently because of skin color, race or ethnicity, you are a racist, period. If all people wish to be treated equally then that is the expectation of every one, regardless of color.

No more reparations in the form of reverse racism should be tolerated. No more white jokes, no more derogatory names and maybe it's even time to CHANGE the culture of calling white people crackers eh? After all, it's racist.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

You are right because at this point I know they will not convict but it still erks me how this thing has been slanted. It is a good thing his lawyers know what they are doing because he would have been rail roaded.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

They were armed, but my sister was also pregnant at the time, that probably had something to do with it. Don't need that kind of crap at that time in your life. She said FL was a lot more racist than NY, and didn't want her daughter growing up in a place like that. NY, for the most part, was only old people that were racist, no matter what the color. Old whites were racist, old blacks were racist etc etc. NY, for the most part is color blind from my generation onward, in my experience.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Helious

You are right because at this point I know they will not convict but it still erks me how this thing has been slanted. It is a good thing his lawyers know what they are doing because he would have been rail roaded.

Well, realistically, this entire case is hardly news anyway. If I had one dime for every person of minority that was killed by another person of the same minority in major cities across the U.S. every day, I could play poker with Bill Gates.

This case was adopted, championed and blown up by the media for an agenda driven purpose. I know what it is but I'm not going to argue that in this thread because I'm sure you do too.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh.. if it causes problems it won't be confined to FLA. There will be incidences in all cities. I mean, when it happened there were several candle light vigils for Trayvon by idiots in a small West Virginia city near me.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

That is how I feel as well. I gave the same greeting to my white friends, my hispanic friends, whoever at the time. I was totally "thug life" at that point in my life. All I listened to was rap, as onyx said "I walk around with my pants hangin off my ass" etc etc. It kinda amazes me the changes I went through between school and now. Now I am a metalhead lol. When I was little I listened to country music because my parents did.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

My personal opinion and personal experience is that racism from whites towards black is dying out. I don't pre judge someone based on their skin color. HOWEVER I do often pre judge people based on their manner, and style. I do not consider that racism, but some people would probably call me a racist for it.

I really do think there is more racism nowadays coming from the other direction (African Americans that are racist towards white people). Look at this trial and the bias, the African American commentators on HLN, and people like Sharpton and Jackson. Even Chris Rock. Look at how people respond to his controversial racial humor (and I like a lot of his jokes).

Of course that is not all African Americans, and I know just saying it I take a risk of sounding prejudiced, but I'm really not. I am just describing what I see. I think it's kind of a shame that I can't do that without adding a disclaimer.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I think it also has a lot to do with the crowd someone stays with here. I do not see it personally here but I am sure it exists. Florida is pretty diverse from one side of the state to the other. Miami is like its own country though if you live there you need to know Spanish.

When I lived in NC that was a whole other story.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by MrWendal

No proof he didn't, but wouldn't matter. The damage to Zimmermans head was enough.

Enough for what? The superficial marks on Zimmerman's head (which was testified to as NOT consistent with having his head repeatedly struck into concrete) are simply proof of a fight. Not who the attacker was. Nor is it proof that TM said the words, "You are going to die tonight". I am not sure what you saw while the Prosecution presented it's case, but I know what I saw. I saw no evidence that shows a reasonable fear for life that would be needed for the use of deadly force.

Also when neighbor Mr. Good stopped and told Martin to stop beating Zimmerman Martin didn't. If he had been afraid that was his chance to get away safely as someone else was there.

Think about this for a second. What was Mr. Good going to do? If he (by your account) would not raise a finger to help Zimmerman who was being beaten to death and screaming for help, just how would he protect Trayvon while he ran away?

No sir, if your account was true at all. Mr Good's would have watched Trayvon run and would have watched if Zimmerman pursued him. What he wouldn't do, as evidenced by his statement, is get involved.

Instead he kept beating Zimmerman and was shot. Zimmerman asked that guy for help and didn't shoot until that guy abandoned him.

Now you are spinning. Zimmerman by his own account did not shoot when he was abandoned. He shot when Trayvon reached for his gun.

He was justified.

That is for a Jury to decide isn't it?

And it was Zimmerman's voice on the call.

You don't know this. You can not possible know this to be fact. Just like I do not know who was screaming. Fact is, you have two Mothers both saying it is their son. So what makes one any more credible than the other? You have a brother saying it is Trayvon. What makes him not credible that you can outright dismiss his testimony? I would love an answer to BOTH of these questions.

He said to the first two people that showed up that he was screaming for help. He said that not having any idea that the screams were recorded on a 911 call.

He could say anything he wants at the time. Fact is, Trayvon was not alive to dispute any claim he made. If I may play devil's advocate for a moment.. if I just shot a guy who was screaming for help, and no one came to help him, I would say it was me who was screaming for help.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah, you are probably right too. This day and age, with the internet, if the poop hits the fan, it might hit all kinds of cities. My sister is up north in the country, so I think she is safe. If not, people will have problems lol. I mean if some people thought it was a great idea to mess with my sister and her family because they look white...... There will be some problems. I will be there in a heartbeat, and I won't play around. I don't care much about my life, I live for my nieces these days, anyone messes with any of them will be in a world full of pain really fast. I am not a violent person these days, but people that might mess with my family, get zero mercy. I might not defend myself so much these days with violence, but my family, yeah......

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
Is their any evidence that TM didn't say this?
edit on 6-7-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

Yes, there is evidence that Trayvon did not say this- No one else heard it. Not a single witness heard these words spoken. That is evidence that Trayvon never said it.

So please, stop trying to justify your position by flipping the script. My question to you was very direct, do you have any intention of actually answering that question?

You see, you asked me a direct question and I gave you a direct answer. Will you do the same? Or will you just ignore any direct question that may go against your beliefs?

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join