It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will the human face look like in 100,000 years?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Okay so this is purely speculative and a bit of fun

Alan Kwan, PhD Computational Genomics from Washington University and artist/researcher Nickolay Lamm joined forces to try and predict what we could look like 100,000 years from now.

here is the result -

pokemon anyone?

"As our understanding of the universe increases, I predict that the human head will trend larger to accommodate a larger brain," said Lamm, He has forcecast that "through zygotic genome engineering technology, our future selves control human biology and human evolution the way we control electrons today". Tipping us to engage in further space travel, Lamm suggests that we will genetically engineer for larger eyes to cope with a dimmer environment and more pigment in the skin to deal with higher UV radiation from outside the ozone layer.
He also thinks that we will engineer thicker eyelids to help us cope with the lower or zero gravity we'll experience in space.

Here's the link to the full article :-)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Seems like they have some sort of hentai inspired fantasy for the future.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We can add those eyes to this:

kat943.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
We'll eventually evolve into an hybrid of Greys and the tall E.T's. Look at the size of those eyes. We'll then invent a time machine and travel back in time to visit history, only to be accused of being E.T!!

Interesting all the same!!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Kinda cute. I wonder if we will grow wings like a flying squirrel also.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Japanese anime will change mankind!?

Lol, that's kinda neat I guess, but I would think if we can manipulate the way we look we'll see a more heavy metal looking future...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I think I know that guy! lol

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing this.

Those are some nice eyes
anime came to my mind when I first saw them. I read the article and saw the faces changing into that, that was neat and odd.

I gave a SnF cause I thought it to be interesting

Peace and love
-nat cat-
***btw I like your avatar...very nice and beautiful, like you
( I saw your pic in member photo thread)

edit on 11-6-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

What will the human face look like in 100,000 years?
I think that is a little bit over exagerated,because that size of the eyesight cannot be supported by the same size of the brain,or better said the brain or the nerve center of the brain that deals with vision should have a better dimensioned size in order to accept what shown in the picture.

Therefore the brains of the subjects should be accordingly with size of the eye balls.

But then guess what you will get...

...an Alien.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Scary...

The girl in the OP's picture looks like my ex...

Back on the topic... I'm sure it's not too far off. Since we tend to use our eyes more they should grow bigger with time. Our ears should probably shrink as well as our nose since we don't use those sense as much as our vision.

I don't know about the bigger head. I think it just looks silly

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Nope, those pics are wrong. We'll look like worm poo, because that's what we'll be

Realistically though, I still think those pics are wrong.
We'll be using add on enhancements. We'll go to a store and choose a face for the day. We'll be choosing how we want our children to look.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

You know you may be right.

I was thinking we will be full on robots by then
I'll even be alive..as a brain in a robot
hah-jk

-nat the robot cat-

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankLY
Scary...

The girl in the OP's picture looks like my ex...

Back on the topic... I'm sure it's not too far off. Since we tend to use our eyes more they should grow bigger with time. Our ears should probably shrink as well as our nose since we don't use those sense as much as our vision.

I don't know about the bigger head. I think it just looks silly

Your comments assume natural selection -

Our ears should probably shrink as well as our nose since we don't use those sense as much as our vision.

Natural selection doesn't apply to us anymore, we have hospitals and medicines.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

They do say that they think the brain will increase in size also, so larger heads would be needed :-)

here is the before pic for comparison -

those are some big noggins

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

You know you may be right.

I was thinking we will be full on robots by then
I'll even be alive..as a brain in a robot
hah-jk

-nat the robot cat-

In thats case I'll be a robot dog, so watch out

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well, unless the world changes for the better, we are going to be a bunch of pot bellied, physically stunted data junkies, without the strength of arm to defend ourselves, look after our loved ones, or build or do anything that would have even the smallest hope of making us feel alive.

Frankly I think we need a bit of a world wide collapse to keep us in some kind of shape worth living in. I mean, dont get me wrong, I refuse to work out for any reason unless I happen to be ACTUALLY working at the time, or walking for the pure enjoyment of being outdoors. You will never see me on a diet, and you wont ever hear of me renting or buying a workout dvd.

However, I would rather live a hard life, than know that in our future, our species will become a pathetic, incapable weakling.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Well shucks! thank you very much :-) you are a very pretty lady yourself if I remember correctly

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yeah man its going to be a cyberpunk future....we will get rid of the flesh and make ourselves better faster stronger, download our minds into machines capable of space travel, we will be able to see in all spectrums of light, to connect to everyone and be a massive human hive mind.
Pity I will not be here

The futures bright, the futures chrome!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

They do say that they think the brain will increase in size also, so larger heads would be needed
That looks much better,of course without hair,I mean without any hair.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was thinking more along the lines of Wally.

Where everyone is to fat and dumb and they move around in hover chairs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join