It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ed Snowden a CIA DOUBLE AGENT?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

This video blew me away, I don't know if its true or not. I need to my own research, but this is very suspicious of what he talked about in the video, especially how our favorite guy Ron Paul is connected to this surveillance secrecy. Maybe that's why Edward is Ron Paul fan? Have we all been deceived? This is better than a hollywood movie, that's for sure

edit on 11-6-2013 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of how the conspiracy community is at times its own worst enemy.

Something like PRISM is huge, just like Wikileaks it proves at least to some extent what conspiracy theorists have been saying since 1984 "Big Brother Is Watching"

Yet when stuff like this breaks rather than really focusing in on what has happened cretin elements with in the conspiracy community start with this strange notions that when the news breaks of a conspiracy theory like this the Russian doll mentality takes over. They start to see a conspiracy behind the conspiracy and another one behind that and so on.

makes us all look bad and i don't like it, sends out a message that "conspiracy theorists" (i know not a big fan of the label either) are a bunch of whack-jobs who just refuse to believe anything.

Also OP i think you might want to change your title makes it sound like you are shocked to find out that Ed Snowden is CIA

EDIT

And another thing!

why the hell does everything that happen now have to have a Ron Paul slant to it, seems like every time someone farts there is a member on ATS ready to start a thread about what Ron Paul thinks or how Ron Paul made the guy fart.

just gets annoying
edit on 11-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I dunno I'll look into this as usual. However, I believe there's a big push forth going on in the Conspiracy community furthering a divide into who believes who is a shill/asset and who does not, erupting in argument while the issue is not being reflected upon. Who to trust who to not!? While that is a valid... I don't believe we have time to shoot the messenger but to rather take these messages and see where they can go. Have we had this kind of source that we could share with the general public or that they would even follow up on before? Nope.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
never mind edit

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

it sounds like you're mad at me, clam down. Im only providing the information to people who is interested in the story, damn!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have no doubt this guy was at the very least. Informed by other factions that he would be protected if he blew the whistle.

This scandal coming out favors groups that are allegedly acting less evil. I would not be surprised if one day we learned one faction approached him and said "Your going to do this"

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

it sounds like you're mad at me, clam down. Im only providing the information to people who is interested in the story, damn!

I am not mad at you i am annoyed at Christopher Green, he is like Alex Jones/David icke's love child.

sorry if it came across like I was ranting at you i am more ranting at people in general and Christoper Green.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

There is a whole sky of dark clouds coming this way. If you stare at them long enough, there's no telling what you'll see. There can be no doubt that there is going to be propaganda and misinformation fed into this subject from now until hell finally blows over.

To take ANYTHING at face value now is to ask for being led down the garden path, through the ivy-covered gate and into the rabbit hole.

Of course, that path does lie before us... the gate is wide open and the hole looks cool and inviting on a warm spring day... the choice is yours.
edit on 11-6-2013 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

There is a whole sky of dark clouds coming this way. If you stare at them long enough, there's no telling what you'll see. There can be no doubt that there is going to be propaganda and misinformation fed into this subject from now until hell finally blows over.

To take ANYTHING at face value now is to ask for being led down the garden path, through the ivy-covered gate and into the rabbit hole.

Of course, that path does lie before us... the gate is wide open and the hole looks cool and inviting on a warm spring day... the choice is yours.
edit on 11-6-2013 by redoubt because: typo

You read my posts from the other day in the original thread about Snowden. This seems to support my theory he was not doing this on his own. Now what entity assisted/required him to make this revelation at this juncture? That is a big and important question.

Personally I don't think there's anyone or any entity out there that is looking out for us. They all have their selfish/larcenous motivations. We're really in the crapper. I think all we can do is pray for a miracle if you believe in such things.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston and other staged propaganda have accelerated and made more obvious the fact that nothing in the mass media can be trusted at all.

Although I would like to think that Mr. Snowden is a whistle blowing patriot, I'm sure that it is not that simple a story.

How this plays out in terms of what happens to Snowden will be yet another set of "facts" which cannot be trusted.

The title of George Harrison's last album says it all... "Brainwashed"... that's what the public are these days, so my personal policy regarding "news events" is to assume whatever it is, it's a lie or distortion.

I don't trust Alex Jones or any activist of his ilk, either. To me, it has always looked like Alex is a CIA sponsored plant whose job it is to make 'conspiracy theorists' look like mentally unstable, foolish, ranting, drama queens. If you noticed, the recent Bilderberg on-site protesters were portrayed as clowns in the media.

The funny thing about the Snowden revelation has been that for years, I would wager, most intelligent Americans have just assumed that Big Brother is constantly tapping into any and all domestic communications, so how is this a shock? We've known it all along, for years. PRISM is no surprise at all and neither is ECHELON.

Snowden seems like a real whistleblower in his video interview, but I just think it's strange that anyone like him earning $200K/year would throw it all away and go run and 'hide' in Hong Kong. No one can hide from CIA/NSA, which is why I think it's hilarious that people buy the story of OBL eluding detection for so long. I think it's B.S., the whole OBL story and raid.

Snowden could just be bait being used to uncover something about Chinese intelligence networks, I don't know. I'm sure it has crossed the minds of the Chinese that this guy could be some kind of plant. There's really no way for us to know one way or the other.

I find it best to just disbelieve anything and everything in mass media. That's what it's all come down to and all these people rushing to read Orwell's 1984 should realize that most of what is in the book has already happened or is too late to stop.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

They all have their selfish/larcenous motivations. We're really in the crapper. I think all we can do is pray for a miracle if you believe in such things.

Which is why I said, and stand fast to, "To take ANYTHING at face value now is to ask for being led down the garden path, through the ivy-covered gate and into the rabbit hole."

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

I couldn't access the video so I can't comment on that particular theory but I have my own doubts. If anyone cares to a description would help for those who can't use video including me.

My doubts began by the way they've covered it and some other problems with it. they should have mentioned ECHELON and other related programs to put it in context. I expect this from the commercial media but some of the alternative media outlets are better, or at least a close look indicates they could and should be; but not this time.

Also after reading about the usual patterns of many CIA agents, this one doesn't fit. If he was "ex-CIA" he almost certainly wouldn't have left to go to Booz Allen, unless it was part of his CIA work or his cover. this could have been cover without whistle blowing but then they could have said it in the reporting, or at least the alternative outlets.

I went into more detail into this in another string Is Prism ECHELON by another name? with Roswell technology?, if you're interested.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Speaking of Hollywood. Does anyone else think this dude is just a little too pretty to be just some random schmuck who was toiling away in the bowels of the NSA until he suddenly decided what he was doing was wrong?

Nice teeth. Nearly perfect face. Exquisitely groomed. Doesn't look a whole lot like some guy who's been on the run hiding from the US government.
edit on 14-6-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

join