It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Other Side of Law Enforcement - Super Cool Cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Following my previous thread which caused a bit of a stir.

Woman Fatally Shot by Police at Cosco Handing Out Pizza Samples

I thought i would encourage discussion about the positive aspects of police work and fine examples of law enforcement out there every day putting there necks on the line for civil society.

I'll start with and example from the current bilderberg meeting in Watford England.

It's a short clip entitled 'Super Cool Cops - London Bilderberg 2013' in which members of the group press for truth video various officers activities including hugging each other and having polite discussions.

I do feel privileged to live in a country were the vast majority of law enforcement officers still behaviour with dignity and grace. Instead of an eye for an eye it's respect breeds respect.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What people don't understand is that the police are human beings just like me and you. I think they do an amazing job day-in-day-out and it irritates me when negative new stories appear about one officer or a group of officers and then somehow they seem to represent the rest of the police - which is totally wrong. I love the fact that more often than not members on ATS think they know what it's like to be a police officer, pretending they know the law and what police can and can't do as well as the training they receive.

99.9% of people who dislike the police are students who let their testosterone take over and cause nonsensical protests.

May I just say well done to police in London who saved a mans life as he tried to run past them and off a roof where he would have dropped 4 storeys and undoubtedly would have suffered serious injuries or died.
edit on 11-6-2013 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wow, they looked like at least partially civilized human beings in that video.

I guess it depends on where you go. In my area, as Im sure others can relate to because from what Ive heard its becoming fairly common in the US now, in my area most of the cops now are roided out gorillas with a hair trigger ready to explode at the drop of the proverbial hat. They look intensely angry all the time, almost like they are looking for a fight so they can taser/shoot/beat someone just because they want to.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Like any population there is a range of personalities and biases.

The problem is that LEO's are granted the right and trained to be to be judge jury and executioner at the point of contact between a citizen and the law. Whether you live or die is mostly about how they feel at any given moment.

The Good and bad alike adhere uniformly to a code of silence and opacity. The moral equivalent of accomplices.

Will the hero's step forward? Cameras and audio on every LEO, cruiser and gun barrel NOW! Total transparency and modified training would solve most of these problems. Yea it's a dangerous job. It's also rewarding in more ways than one. "When in doubt, take them out" isn't going to work anymore.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
What people don't understand is that the police are human beings just like me and you. I think they do an amazing job day-in-day-out and it irritates me when negative new stories appear about one officer or a group of officers and then somehow they seem to represent the rest of the police - which is totally wrong. I love the fact that more often than not members on ATS think they know what it's like to be a police officer, pretending they know the law and what police can and can't do as well as the training they receive.

99.9% of people who dislike the police are students who let their testosterone take over and cause nonsensical protests.

May I just say well done to police in London who saved a mans life as he tried to run past them and off a roof where he would have dropped 4 storeys and undoubtedly would have suffered serious injuries or died.
edit on 11-6-2013 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

Agreed, often those that hate on the police force are those who do it simply to fit in with there peer group. If you question them about why they have such negative thoughts, they can only come up with nonsense and gibberish far to often, instead of a genuine reason.

Yeah, they did a hell of a job. Seeing once suicidal people reformed into citizens for positive change is brill and i imagine rewarding for the officer involved.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by InverseLookingGlass
Like any population there is a range of personalities and biases.

The problem is that LEO's are granted the right and trained to be to be judge jury and executioner at the point of contact between a citizen and the law. Whether you live or die is mostly about how they feel at any given moment.

The Good and bad alike adhere uniformly to a code of silence and opacity. The moral equivalent of accomplices.

Will the hero's step forward? Cameras and audio on every LEO, cruiser and gun barrel NOW! Total transparency and modified training would solve most of these problems. Yea it's a dangerous job. It's also rewarding in more ways than one. "When in doubt, take them out" isn't going to work anymore.

The surveillance state is indeed a double edged sword. At one end it gives complete peeping rights to private companies with no need for such activities. On the other it gives people involved in civil disputes vital evidence to back up there action. Well at least until the officer decides it's evidence but new apps and such are putting a stop to that.

Having the police video themselves at all times seems a little extreme but perhaps switching the feed on whenever they are dealing with a situation would be good for both parties. Of course that only works if the freedom on information request is granted in time for the trial.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MongusePro

George Carlin would be rolling over in the grave having his photo associated with your comments. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I disagree.. Many people have the false assumption that Carlin had a major issue with authority in general. By only watching his stage material and acts this would come across. If however you watch his moments off stage and interview he is a different man.

I think so long as the intentions of the officers were correct and just, he wouldn't have had a problem. It's true that he had issues with the higher authorities such as the government and banks however.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

I have to disagree with you, while i do agree that yes police are human beings like you in me, it is just that they are humans and they can't be categorized by their peers. Throughout my personal associations with police forces in different areas, while there were a minority of "cool" cops, the vast majority i have met through my experiences appeared to believe they were above the law doing illegal search and seizures, harassment, and then completely lying about it when they go to court.

I honestly can only think of two times out of too many where i met someone who was arrested without being denied at least one of their rights and lots of times I'm told they don't get their miranda rights read but in the end it still doesn't make any difference when its ur word against theirs.

In the end tho i feel it has to correlate with the environment the cops find themselves in. Like cops in new york with some serious crimes to worry about aren't gonna be wasting as much time harassing the same stereotypes as with the place i live being a majority white suburban where their biggest issues is youth throwing a party, so in theory they get a little bored with their job where for example they saw me when i was crippled limping down the street trying to get home a couple years ago from school and held me there for hours because i was deemed as suspicious for no real apparent reason besides they wanted to go fishing for high schoolers with drugs.

In the end anyone saying that cops do an amazing job holds as much ground as someone saying they do a #ty job because you can't judge groups as you can individuals.

top topics

join