It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iOS 7 Released - The best thing since sliced bread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So for anyone who follows technology- iOS7 released today. I bet when you clicked on this thread you thought I would be a rabid apple fanboy. Wrong. I am just surprised how a company that was known for innovation is now copying features blatantly from its "competitors". Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Some of the borrowed features-
Lock screen - Android, Windows
Multitasking cards- Android, WebOS, HTC
Browser- Android
Semi Live Wallpaper- Android 3 years old
AirDrop- Wifi direct- Android for years
Either way, I look forward to all the record breaking that will go on when all Apple users call this the second coming of sliced bread; for something, that is already outdated by 2-3 years when it releases.

www.droid-life.com...
reviews.cnet.com...
www.engadget.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by an0nThinker

The iSheep are gonna eat this up. Can't wait to hear how "innovative" this is. Sorry I had most, if not all of these features last decade when I got my HTC Evo 4G. Now 9 phones and 3 years later and I have all the features iOS will have in 2015. Stupid Apple. If you want a real conspiracy look into Apples fraudulent patents they've been granted.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

They are doing absolutely everything to prevent their market position from falling which includes patents for rounded corners, black bezels, swiping, pinching. Things that no one though to patent because they were covered under prior art. Of course, most companies just settle instead of risking a full fight which can invalidate patents. That and apple sues in trade court to prevent imports so that their patents are not invalidated.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Just wait until everyone figures out that it is just as Great as Widows 8 ... .

This was just a weak attempt at trying to recover Market Share

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Means nothing to me.

As long as it lets me text and phone, that's enough.

Spending more than about 20 quid is money wasted.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I was actually referring to the USPTO investigation into Apple "buying" a patent office clerk to push thru their frivolous patents for them. Right now there are several Apple device's (iPad, iPad2, iPad Mini, iPhone 3g, iPhone 4 and 4s) which are barred from import and sale in the US while the investigation is open. 45% of their patents were even preemptively suspended until the investigation is complete and their award from the Samsung suit was cut by 55%.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0nThinker

They are doing absolutely everything to prevent their market position from falling which includes patents for rounded corners, black bezels, swiping, pinching. Things that no one though to patent because they were covered under prior art. Of course, most companies just settle instead of risking a full fight which can invalidate patents. That and apple sues in trade court to prevent imports so that their patents are not invalidated.

Whoa! are you insinuating Apple is based on the Monsanto plan of attack?

edit on 10-6-2013 by minkmouse because: forgot to laugh

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

This is why I bought a Nexus 4 for $300 and use a prepaid card for 45$/ month(25 quid) with unlimited everything. No contract, no bill inflation, no fighting with customer reps.

Regular contracts- 2 years - 200$ for device + 100$/month comparable service = 2600$ for 2 years
Me- 300$ for device + 45$/ month = 1380$ for 2 years

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I work in the tech industry and have meet some of these "nice" people who work for apple. This is exactly what I am insinuating..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I was hoping

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I was a android user from the first one that came out and i recently made the switch to iphone and i must say the iphone is way smoother and more of an adult phone. For some reason i cant take android users serious when it comes to a business enviroment. Iphone = adults... Android = Kids play

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Just wait until everyone figures out that it is just as Great as Widows 8 ......

Now THAT was funny.

I was just talking about the release with someone today, and they said they stole Windows 8's good looks, and Android's kernel. Not a crapple fan here, Linux/Android all the way.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by solizer

Old android phones were not smooth. Take a look at some of the newer ones. Calling one part of the population childish because of their operating system choice is "childish".
I could come up with a analogy like iPhone users= low IQ technology bumpkins but doing things like that are childish. Oops! I guess you were right

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by solizer
I was a android user from the first one that came out and i recently made the switch to iphone and i must say the iphone is way smoother and more of an adult phone. For some reason i cant take android users serious when it comes to a business enviroment. Iphone = adults... Android = Kids play

I also have used Android since the first day the G1 was released. I currently have a GS3. My work phone is an iPhone 4gs, and I swear my G1 was better at exchange, multitasking, business use, and was just overall a more intelligent device - and it was released five years ago.

Apple sucks, and my recent REQUIREMENT to carry an iPhone has only cemented this fact for me.

But, back to your statement - I've always seen it as exactly the opposite. I can do EVERYTHING on an Android device while the iPhone can barely manage to multitask. It always seemed to me that Android was for people who wanted to learn about something, customize something, control something.. iDevices were for people who wanted some shiny buttons and Angry Birds right out of the box.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0nThinker
reply to post by solizer

Old android phones were not smooth. Take a look at some of the newer ones. Calling one part of the population childish because of their operating system choice is "childish".
I could come up with a analogy like iPhone users= low IQ technology bumpkins but doing things like that are childish. Oops! I guess you were right

Old Android devices were plenty smooth. I still use my HTC Dream/G1 as a development phone. Even though it's five years old I can run Android 4.x. The thing about Android is, you can fix the device yourself if there is something actually wrong with the OS, or even if it's just something you'd prefer to do a different way. With the iPhone you're stuck with the glorious, shining piece of crap that it is the day you bought it.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I won't even get into the Android vs iFail debate. I'll let the nitwit iFans do all my talking for me. The reinforce my views daily. iPhones are for pretentious people who want to "look" cool but don't want to actually do anything. Apple products are for noobs Android is for Hackers and tech geeks. iFail's can't do 1/4 of what the cheapest Android device can do, plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

That's true, unless you loaded them up with apps and left no free memory. Correctly managed they were as good as iPhones and you could do a lot lot more with them. Today, iPhone 5 got nothing on my Nexus 4, almost all the memory is filled with apps and the phone is as fast as the day I got it. Android and Windows 8 devices are far ahead of apple..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz
I won't even get into the Android vs iFail debate. I'll let the nitwit iFans do all my talking for me. The reinforce my views daily. iPhones are for pretentious people who want to "look" cool but don't want to actually do anything. Apple products are for noobs Android is for Hackers and tech geeks. iFail's can't do 1/4 of what the cheapest Android device can do, plain and simple.

I'm now approaching a year with a Samsung galaxy 2 blah something. Before that I had an iphone. I really don't give a toot about what a phone can do as long as it makes and receives calls and allows for organized text messages. In this department, pretentious or not...iphone takes the prize!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I use my phone for work. I used to have to carry around all kinds of crap everyday, laptop, notebook, pens, pencils, camera, tape measure, calculator etc. With my Note II it's all I carry now. The only thing I can't do right from my phone are my estimates cuz they have to be done in a special program that only works with Windows 7 and older currently. Trust me when I tell you going from a 30lb bag of crap to nothing but my phone was the best day of my career.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Well that's cool I guess as long as you never forget the good old analogue way because if the day comes where power is absent from daily routine....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join