It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that's been bothering me since I saw the slides from PRISM

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Maybe it's a no go area, as in don't be monitoring the Germans.
or possibly a high risk area, like monitor them but if you get caught it's your problem.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Okay, first of all I think we need a thread to be started on world geography before we continue with this thread. I am amazed at how many people don't know where France, Germany, and the UK are.

All praise the Dept of Uneducation.

Second I am unaware of the slides from PRISM that you are referring to. I have read some about the PRISM Program and it's connection with information gathering but could someone enlighten us about these slides?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

if germany's orange, what colour is india?
anyhoo, what exactly does orange signify?
can you link us to these prism slides?
im presuming its about spying/eavesdropping but cant be sure

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

eh...is that not Spain.

Doesn't look like any map i've ever seen....The Americas

Where is the UK in relation too the Map....i just dont see it here

you must be american.
i read somewhere once that a ridiculously high percentage of americans couldnt even find their own country on a map. or that they think europe is a country. the poster above said it right - all praise the department of uneducation.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Funny lack of geography around here.

But anyway, Germany is the same color as the US and also China. Whether you want to call it yellow (I would) or orange.

What do these colors signify?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Many American bases in Germany might be a reason. You all know how terrifying we vets are to the POTUS.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

If I remember correctly, Germany has been host to quite a number of terror Cells of Middle Eastern Groups...... most, if not all of them have been caught before they could do their deeds. Mohamed Atta was in Germany prior to coming over for the 9/11 attacks. That's probably why the color difference.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Where is the UK in relation too the Map....i just dont see it here

Oh my god LMAO

sorry (wipes tears from eyes)
edit on 10-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Interesting that nobody has pointed out the economical perspective yet.

Germany has the most competitor companies of different EU countries. The quality of German products is well-known around the world and they can be considered the largest rivals for many-many US corporations. Who knows, maybe German people are not being spied on because of them being "dangerous", but the companies and their workers being spied on the get information on their work - corporate spying.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Many American bases in Germany might be a reason. You all know how terrifying we vets are to the POTUS.

Beware the Patch Barracks uprising, dogs!

We'll take the US back from Panzer Kaserne!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well it seems my question was worth a whole article on RT.
Link
rt.com...

For those asking what the color index is :

The color-coded map of secret surveillance activities by the NSA ranks countries according to how much surveillance they are currently undergoing - green for the least and red for the most watched.

While all EU member states boast variant shades of green, Germany stands out color-coded ORANGE

And if goes further

Germany's Interior Ministry had already been in contact with US officials to find out whether there had been any infringement of German citizens' privacy lately. Chancellor Angela Merkel is due to raise the issue of the NSA's eavesdropping on Germany with President Barack Obama, who said the monitoring program is a means of defense against terrorism.

Pandora's Box
edit on 11-6-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This thread, again, is embarrassing for many reasons.

But here we go

* Why Germany?

Because A) Germany is amongst the most advanced and "busy" countries WITHIN THE EU where more data etc. is processed and therefore obviously worthy to be tapped into as opposed to, say Spain or...Rumania or whatever country.

And B) most importantly, because Germany is a major hub in Europe for Terrorists or "potential terrorists" remember the ties of some 9/11 hijackers to Germany

Because C) a rather large Muslim population in some areas in Germany

Because D) many German companies involved in weapons/systems export doing business with the Middle-East, selling weapons or chemistry plants or whatever to countries which are not necessarily our friends.

E) Economy, trade, internet infrastructure, data volume, main airport Frankfurt (largest airport hub in Europe), US bases in Germany (potential targets) eg. Rammstein etc....

F) Germany major hub for US military operations in the M/E and elsewhere, eg. US military hospital in Ramstein or US army training in Germany..LARGE US training bases like Grafenwöhr with troops there.

edit on 11-6-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Makes no sence

A) Belgium is probably the biggest European Weapon export country.

C) France has a higher concentration of muslims and well connected to ALcia

I left out B Because.

There is nothing wrong with my thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Makes no sence

I left out B Because.

There was. Because you brought in the absurd "NAZI" comment followed by a bunch of people who had problems finding Germany on this map or being able to tell green from "orange"....

Why the US is spying a lot on Germany is obvious for many reasons, so there is no point in you having the need to "counter-reply" trying to "correct" what I or others said, you already said you "you don't see a connection", but be assured they have many reasons to do so, NOT that I support it or endorse it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Germany asking for it's gold back, now that is funny because Hitler stole it from other nations surrounding Germany when he invaded them. The Nazi's went straight to their gold reserves.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Ah..yes..the "gold"...lol...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Makes no sence

I left out B Because.

Germany is #3 on the list of weapon exporters, Belgium doesn't even show up in the list. One minute googling would tell you lots.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
oops, never noticed the map had a slider Bar below it...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

That's darn interesting, personally I think that I would lean towards there being some political/economic or corporate related motivation behind the focus is that Germany has received as opposed to more esoteric reasons. Also as the major player in the EU they no doubt have the most interesting economic and political chatter - no wonder government spooks want to steal their info.

Besides this, the geographic ignorance in this thread has completely made my day.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What`s going on in Alaska?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join