It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save The Bees!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The problem of bee decline
Greenpeace

sos-bees.org...

Since the late 1990s, beekeepers around the world have observed the mysterious and sudden disappearance of bees, and report unusually high rates of decline in honeybee colonies. Bees make more than honey - they are key to food production because they pollinate crops. Bumblebees, other wild bees, and insects like butterflies, wasps, and flies all provide valuable pollination services. A third of the food that we eat depends on pollinating insects: vegetables like zucchini, fruits like apricot, nuts like almonds, spices like coriander, edible oils like canola, and many more… In Europe alone, the growth of over 4,000 vegetables depends on the essential work of pollinators. But currently, more and more bees are dying. The bee decline affects mankind too. Our lives depend on theirs.

Greenpeace demands:

Immediately and fully ban all pesticides that are harmful to bees and other pollinators (including the worst bee-killers clothianidin, imidacloprid, thiamethoxam, fipronil, chlorpyrifos, cypermethrin and deltamethrin).
Adopt Bee Action Plans:
1) Monitor the health of bees and other pollinators!
2) Better assess the risks of pesticides and reduce their use!
3) Endorse non-chemical farming alternatives and increase biodiversity in agriculture!

edit on 10-6-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What can you do?

Whether you have one minute, one hour, one day, or a lot more time available, there are many things you can do:

sos-bees.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thanks.
Love the bees ~
Mahalo

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I believe bee hive collapse is very tied into frequencies as well. Being the compulsive pleasure seeking beings we have become, 5.5 billion cell phones are in use today, that does not include the amounts in previous yrs since cell phones were invented and frequencies from microwaves, ELF's, HAARP, PULSED frequencies, all proven hazerdous to humans. Wi-fi every where. We jumped head long into this new ( or ancient ) tech without any info or studies faster than any other tech in history. With simple frequency like radio, old anologue fashioned T.V, we now are using microwaves, satellites, an incredible amount of different frequencies, and sound / frequency that only military knows, not prevy to us under national security. Add this equation into over use of pesticides, fungisides, MONSANTO GMO's etc and we now have record breaking beachings of sonar / frequency beings, whales, porpoise, dolphins, sea turtles. The flying beings, the birds and insects, all relying on the earths magnetic core currents to migrate, navigate. The earths frequency 5-10 G.Z is no longer audible by all creatures due to the barrage of man made waves. Every day 100, yes 100 species goes extinct due to we humans. We have no idea on how these extictions will impact the earths biology. scientists are already creating robotic small pollinating mimic insects for drone and pollination purposes. Science is altering plants GNA to be self pollinating. The sweet smell of flowers marketed for garden centers have almost lost all fragrance. I am starting my own one colony of bees as everyone should at least try.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Bee's Honey: Most Potent Medicine, Biggest Cover Up in Medical History - Exposed!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who Killed The Honey Bee? (BBC Documentary)

Why All The Bees Are Dying

edit on 10-6-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Im in favour of their demands, the honey bee has now become the most vital animal to our survival so if anything is even a potential threat to them we should ban it. How much profit is worth it if we wipe out our most vital species.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Rather than shoveling money to GreenPeace, wouldn't it be better to instruct ATS'ers on how to construct a bee friendly garden with their money instead of letting greenpeace suck it out

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Bumblebee-man would know how to solve this

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida
What can you do?

Whether you have one minute, one hour, one day, or a lot more time available, there are many things you can do:

sos-bees.org...

Thanks for the link!

I'm a little disturbed that they only have two actions you can do (beyond sign petitions) if you're a small homeowner. Surely there's more than that!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hey guys, i've recently been getting into organic farming/lawn treatment. All this news about bees lately has perked a very large interest into the matter. Currently i reside in a town east of Vancouver, BC, Canada. Im new to this whole area, and it seems like something that could be fun/interesting to get into as a study/major. I would like to know if anyone here can help point me to a database or something similar that can list the types of bees so i can confirm the situation in my area.

As of the past couple months, everyday i go outside i notice about 4-5 of these guys buzzing about. I've come to realize they absolutely love these little white flowers. It really hurts when it comes time for mowing the lawn, so i try to hold off as long as i can. I'll post a picture i uploaded, and i would like to know what type of bee this is. I know we have a local bee farm on the otherside of town, and i work very hard to make sure nothing will put these little guys in harms way.

new topics

top topics

join