It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Religion of Peace - Well, except for the 21,026 Terrorist attacks around the World since 9/11

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Religion doesn't start wars, its the homicidal control freaks who follow it that start wars
Religion has been used for centuries to justify butchering each other in the name of their gods or to control the people

end of the day if your deluded enough to think that religion is a force which has physical bearing on someone then you are very deluded

Religion is nothing more then a tool used by MAN, created by MAN

its not that hard to push an individual in the wrong direction, some divine being doesn't telepathically speak to the person and say go blow up that bus or go kill that abortion doctor, but a a Twisted individual with his or her own agenda

all religions are evil and good in sense.

Personally I think all you are deluded freaks who are barking up the wrong tree quoting scriptures from the bible, Quran and so on pointing out how my god/religion is less evil when in sense I have found on ATS most Christians are bloody hypocrite and same to Muslims and Jews

all these fools Preach hate towards others that dont follow their own faith by trying to discredit their counterparts with out context text (this has been done from the Torah, Bible, Quran)

*Jesus is in my heart* but screw you

end of the day all religions has their twisted individual who have their own personal agenda and the best thing about religion is how you can control the masses of sheep

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Well, there you have it.

If an organized military attacks, invades and occupies, its war or a "military operation". If a small group of people do the same thing, its "terrorism".

Just curious...

Do you deny that adherents of Islam routinely...to the tune of more than 5 attacks per day around the world...kill and maim other human beings (Muslim or otherwise) in the name of their faith?

If you deny this...on what basis? If you do not deny it...how do you explain it?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Islam asks us to be open mind and heart to accept the truth , which actions of god are based on.

Since we have god and satan both invisible from eyes , what is the result of surrendering ?

How can you assure you have not submitted to satan ?

I am sure that you get your interpretation of Islam from those same people your govt is backing.

Because no prophet asks to do this.

Only those who want to mislead people , do this.They like to have blind sheep.

And you seemed very surprised because my different interpretation of Islam is in contrast with your one night studying and a life time brainwashing.

Don't be surprised , just follow your old perceptions , and see the results.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

tell these people what they already knew.

Let them live in ease of ignorance.

Don't bother here much.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It is not a religion of peace. Neither are the other Abrahamic religions - Judaism and Christianity. In fact, 99% of the worlds religions are generally not peaceful religions. Just look into your own holy scriptures and religious history and you will see the reality of religious violence.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by buster2010

Say buster2010, when you're done with jiggerj, I'd appreciate your opinion on this post. It's a little earlier on this page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where is the link to the thread you are talking about?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

This is little comparing the oppression on men and women in Mulim countries.

Both foreign enemy and inside enemy (Muslims themselves) may do horrible things.

But I didn't get your question .

how does the average Muslim guy feel about this?

I feel bad to hear this. I like that those who accept some comprehensive instruction of life , at least do some studying and thinking on why and how the rules are in the religion.

How does a typical average Muslim man see women?

Remember that I am one average Muslim. So I speak for me. I prefer to ask it from yourself ,too.

How do you see yourself ? (please answer)

IMO ,In the best case , Muslim women may see themselves as the the mirror of beauty of god. They thank god and use this superiority in the way that is not being ungrateful about god.Men see themselves mirror of ability of god and use this superiority in the same way as women.

But in the worst case , Women see themselves a goddess , the source of beauty that must be worshiped. Men see themselves as the stronger who can use it strength to get his decision done.

But I admit that there are different conditions , fluctuations , temptations , stability and unsuitability in these cases.

And I should ass that when some one is doing something evil knowingly , he/she is not acting as god asks , so he is not referred to as a religious person.

That is the point where people should ask god to forgive them or continue out of religion.

I mean those who kill or beat or rape are at this point.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

those suicide bombings are against other muslims. a minority is killing other muslims. muslims are victim. and you know well who is supporting them. their head is in Saudi.
so the question is why muslims do not think that their religion is a factory of zombi !? maybe they know the true reason, the hidden hands behind these events, ......

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Um...Abbas, whom I quoted, said that what Nabi Shaath claims Bush said in the meetings

Your source is what exactly? Taipeitimes as you posted here?

That seems to be the only source as of now....
So what do we do with all the other sources that claim Bush indeed said that?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Originally posted by mideast
Islam is not religion of being sheep. It is not religion of surrender.

The 280 million people who were slaughtered by Muslims over the last 1400 years MIGHT disagree with that.

FYI: The root word for Islam means “submission” or “surrender.”

The Myth:

Lesser educated Muslims sometimes claim that the root word of Islam is “al-Salaam,” which is “peace” in Arabic.

The Truth:

An Arabic word only has one root. The root word for Islam is “al-Silm,” which means “submission” or “surrender.” There is no disagreement about this among Islamic scholars. al-Silm (submission) does not mean the same thing as al-Salaam (peace), otherwise they would be the same word.

Submission and peace can be very different concepts, even if a form of peace is often brought about through forcing others into submission. As the modern-day Islamic scholar, Ibrahim Sulaiman, puts it, "Jihad is not inhumane, despite its necessary violence and bloodshed, its ultimate desire is peace which is protected and enhanced by the rule of law."

In truth, the Quran not only calls Muslims to submit to Allah, it also commands them to subdue people of other religions until they are in a full state of submission to Islamic rule. This has inspired the aggressive history of Islam and its success in conquering other cultures.

Myths of Islam

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
this is the same as the thread last week bashing all people of a religion

only an idiot can label all members of a religion as holding terrorist ideas

if you want to blanket label then do it for all

you will find each western religion has been hijacked at one time or another and during the hijacking they do evil

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Funny how despite all this.... the current US president was brought up as a muslim. Haha lol

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by spacedog1973

The persons responsible for the atrocities committed in the ME are the Americans, British, and any other western nation using Africa and the Middle East as a resource farm for white people. They are us and we are them. How's it feel? Being one of the bad guys?

I confess I do not know what a "resource farm for white people is'...perhaps you can fill in the blanks on that one. But, if you were paying attention...at all...to the facts/figures referenced in this thread, you would realize that in fact the persons responsible for the majority of the atrocities committed in the ME these days - are the Islamists themselves - and for the most part directed against other Muslims.

I'm keeping a tally that I started on June 7th of all the ignorance, racism, and bigotry in regard to Islam on this forum. Then next year on that date I'm gonna post a thread titled "ATS Bigotry, a Primer".

And yes it is all the same people over and over again getting together to stroke each other's hate pleasure centers. It's obscene.

Interesting...I look forward to your report this time next year. But, when you are compiling it, I recommend that you confine your reporting to actual instances of "ignorance" (reporting facts would not qualify), "racism" (pointing out that a certain identifiable strata of the global population are committing an inordinate percentage of the overall atrocities in the world does not qualify - and I am not sure that Muslims are a "race" anyway), and "bigotry" (people who notice that something (if it is a fact) is going on with a certain category of people, are only noticing that something is going on with a certain category of people)

"Hate pleasure centers" cute...I suppose if this is true, then all those who took up arms in WWII against the Nazi's were just stroking each other's hate pleasure centers, as it relates to opposing people who were intent on takinmg over Europe...and then the world...whilst at the same time wiping out Jews, Gypsies, the infirm (and otherwise imperfect people).

I caught that too. It seems ironic that someone who is compiling some sort of list on "racists" used the phrase "resource center for white people." It always seems that those who complain about racism the most are the most racist themselves.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Um...Abbas, whom I quoted, said that what Nabi Shaath claims Bush said in the meetings

Your source is what exactly? Taipeitimes as you posted here?

That seems to be the only source as of now....
So what do we do with all the other sources that claim Bush indeed said that?

That they all repeat the same claim from the same dude?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The 280 million people who were slaughtered by Muslims over the last 1400 years MIGHT disagree with that.

And if you were to ask those people that were "slaughtered" what happened a majority of the time will tell you that they attacked the Muslims first. You would know this if you looked into sites that just reported what happened instead of twisted versions of history like the hate site that you used. Like for example how it twisted the meaning for the word Islam.

What does Islam mean? The Arabic word Islam simply means 'submission', and derives from a word meaning 'peace'. In a religious context it means complete submission to the will of God.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Better start your list quick.

The results wont be what you are expecting.

You are making a list right?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
According to the FBI , between 1980 and 2005, only 6% of terrorist attacks on US soil were perpetrated by Islamic terrorists. There were more Jewish terror attacks (7%) than Islamic ones, and 24% were by extreme left wing groups, which shows how far the media has twisted the facts about all this

www.loonwatch.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Dear gladtobehere,

Thank you for your post, it give me an opportunity to once again offer to have a discussion with a Muslim. Let's see if it's possible.

Here is an incident from your site:
Clearly, your web site has a biased agenda.
A caption from your site under the main picture:

Freedom of expression meets the Religion of Peace in Turkey.

The premise being that every violent act of the Turkish government is based on a religion. We'll never know and your web site is less than "intellectually honest".
I have no idea what you are talking about. You must be thinking of someone else. I don't believe I've linked to any website with pictures. Erase that from your mind and let's try again.

2013.06.10 (Taji, Iraq) - An al-Qaeda bomb at a fish market leaves seven dead.

So Al-CIAeda killed more people. At this point, there's very little doubt that Al-qaeda was an invention of the United States. Even if you dont believe this premise, its clear that Western governments are now openly arming and funding Al-CIAeda. Coincidence? I doubt it.
Do you believe that everything Al-Qaeda does is at the behest of the US? You know the US sends aid to many Muslim countries, why not say modern Islam is the tool of the United States? I'm sorry, I can't take your position seriously.

Now we have two posters who seem to be unwilling to even discuss this. Will you give it a try?

I don't know if a new approach will be of any benefit. Lord knows we've tried about everything else and gotten nowhere. This isn't the way I wanted to go, but no one seems to be responding to the significant points, just nit-picking minor details. So let's try this:

ISLAM ON THE GROUND

Forget, for just a minute, what the Quoran has to say. You can even set aside that it exists. Look for a moment at what Muslims are actually doing, for whatever reason.

We know that Christians and Jews are being pushed out of Muslim countries. The "massive" figure of 25,000 Jews in Iran that people like to use to show how tolerant Muslims are? The latest Iranian government survey (2011) shows there are fewer than 9,000. Two thirds have vanished in the last decade.

We know Coptic Christians are being sliced and diced. Christians in Africa are having churches burned down and worshippers killed. Boko Haram and Al-Shabab are shooting left and right. Persecution of non-Muslims is going up.

Just the Sunnis alone commit more terrorist acts than all other groups in the world combined, and are responsible for more than 2/3 of the deaths caused by those attacks. I don't have figures for what the Shias are adding to the count.

Speaking of Shias and Sunnis, I understand there are about 200 different Islamic sects. They can't all be true Islam, but leave that aside for a minute. Let's compare that to Catholics, another one billion plus member religion. How many sects do Catholics have? None. And how many thousands of terrorist attacks are Catholics launching in the name of their religion? I'd be surprised if there were 20.

So, two world wide religions of over a billion adherents. Both have long histories. One has 200 sects, the other has none. One launches a dozen terrorist a day, the other doesn't even launch one a day. And of the terrorist attacks committed by one religion, many occur in countries that have done them no harm. It seems the only purpose in those attacks is to gain concessions, drive out or kill non-believers, and seize territory.

Now, do you see even a small part of the problem?

HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?

Please try again. Address my comment above, and don't confuse me with somebody else.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So what is your point, OP?

Why don't you just come right out and say it, and stop bashfully dancing around it, trying to act like a concerned citizen/victim?

What should we do?

Nuke 'em all? Rain holy fire upon their capitals?

Or just happily put our mouths up to whatever spews out of the blastosphere of the military industrial complex? Wherever they decide to invade, whatever atrocities they commit, that's A-OK by us, because Islam is a violent religion?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Those nazi mother#ers just can't stop making hateful topics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join