It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let us pause to read a very important message from the White House

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by RKWWWW

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by RKWWWW

Is this from 2007? The pre-election Obama?
edit on 7-6-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

The message is a current one posted on the official White House website. Why is everyone laughing at it

Maybe you should read a newspaper.

I read one last Sunday ... cuz my neighbors got up late.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
reply to post by RKWWWW

This isn't dated. Is this from the last day or two or old? Sorry. Maybe I'm missing it. It would be nice if this were a new assertion and we saw action on this.

I meant it's not dated, but it's current. I pulled it directly off the White House website yesterday.
edit on 8-6-2013 by RKWWWW because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Hoax Bin
Mods do your thing.....

The mods here cannot do anything about the President being a Hoax, silly!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So America, at this time you have both Democrats and Republicans agreeing on trampling on your rights. The question is - What will you do about it?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSpanishArcher
This can't be recent, can it? There's no date on the page and really, do they think we ALL are that stupid? About as transparent as a lead door. What a crock, even if it is old.

OK, OK. I admit it. I used a time machine and went back to the first day of Obama's first term. If you click on the link to the White House below you'll see it's just a big joke.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
So America, at this time you have both Democrats and Republicans agreeing on trampling on your rights. The question is - What will you do about it?

Not sure where you are from, but pretty much everyone on the planet is in the same boat, especially if the US is in this boat. So, maybe a better question to ask is, what are we going to do about it?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Hoax Bin
Mods do your thing.....

The mods here cannot do anything about the President being a Hoax, silly!

That's a fact. It'll take those Super-Mods in a place called Congress to put this Hoax in the bin.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Or perhaps some (1,000,000+) administrators (us) to march on the Capitol, and REMAIN THERE until something is done.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Yes, that WOULD do it. I and many others said this during Occupy and I could just SCREAM at the small minded, petty little B.S. people who ran that movement for the 'this is my camp, that is your camp, mind your own business' attitude that went into so much of it. D.C. had their own little camp that never could figure out if it wanted to be constructive, destructive or just plain offensive.

At the height of it, 4.2 million people, world wide, were a part of the Occupy movement. Those were the figures I saw in the media tent while I was in one of the camps as a volunteer and I have no reason to doubt it. Underestimated, if anything, was my thought at the time. It would have been plenty by just the American side of the movement..IF people hadn't been all about me me me and mine mine mine.

$500,000 was given to New York. That could have moved a good number of people to compliment the numbers able to move themselves, and meet in D.C. for the largest "Occupation" in American history. Change MAY have come that way, if kept peaceful but forceful about simply NOT leaving.

Numbers and commitment. That is what it will take. Not guns. Not tactics and not individual personalities. Numbers. It's *ALL* a numbers game. Always. Get the numbers and we get the change ....or in running over the first group to seriously try it? The NEXT group that comes with numbers many times larger in rage and protest of the first attempt WILL achieve it.

Sadly......when the chance was best to take? No one could get past their own petty little fiefdoms and goals of personal 'greatness' or local agendas of "change" to try for the real meaningful goal and brass ring of the whole effort.

I doubt we ever get a chance like that again. Occupy also taught an amateur police force in this nation how to be experts at suppression and oppression of large, peaceful crowds. It's something they could do before the Fall of 2011.....but that period made them outright experts. All for nothing gained in the end.
I really COULD scream over it.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

This is a perfect example of how are media don't hold our political representatives feet to the fire. If the news media and owners would call out political lies like this out in a public press conference, maybe they could put pressure on our government representatives to own up on what they say when they get elected into office.

The public keeps being sold a bag of goods, yet these political candidates continue to get away with it. So what's the sense in voting, if political candidates don't keep to their promises? How can anyone believe any candidate who is running for office? There should be some kind of checks and balances that hold these presidents, congressional, and senatorial representatives accountable for their promises. If we can't, we might as well just pull straws and not vote on issues.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

"My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government. We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration. Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government.

Government should be transparent. Transparency promotes accountability and provides information for citizens about what their Government is doing. Information maintained by the Federal Government is a national asset. My Administration will take appropriate action, consistent with law and policy, to disclose information rapidly in forms that the public can readily find and use. Executive departments and agencies should harness new technologies to put information about their operations and decisions online and readily available to the public. Executive departments and agencies should also solicit public feedback to identify information of greatest use to the public."

Yeah right!!!

Four letters: N,D,A,A.

How many times are we gonna give the guy the 'benefit of the doubt' before he's impeached?
Link

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

What a lying SoS Obama is -- as are most of congress and many tech company CEO's.

It would be nice if the left, right and center could agree that these issues of government surveillance override other policy issues, and that we could clean out congress and throw out the current two political parties, and start a clean slate with honorable elected officials.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by RKWWWW

Is this from 2007? The pre-election Obama?
edit on 7-6-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

The message is a current one posted on the official White House website. Why is everyone laughing at it

Because it's akin to a pedophile with 100 convictions saying he is and has always been comitted to treating children with respect.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by RKWWWW

This is a perfect example of how are media don't hold our political representatives feet to the fire. If the news media and owners would call out political lies like this out in a public press conference, maybe they could put pressure on our government representatives to own up on what they say when they get elected into office.

This does make me wonder about what's going on in the head of the average American right now. Look at the reporting in the Guardian, they are constantly bringing up the fact that Obama said one thing, and did another, they openly report on what someone said three or four years ago, and what actually turned out to be BS, they're making connections and being real investigative JOURNALISTS - but from what I see, you don't have any of those in the USA anymore.

Our BBC is a puppet these days, slapped with orders from the government and told what not to report on when it's something uncomfortable for the gov. You can see the delay too. Something will break and everyone else will get there first reporting on it, and the BBC is checking their legal position, calling number 10, asking their contacts in Whitehall whether they should report on it or whether they'll get a telling off from the PM

I think all of your media in the US seems to be like that. They all just seem to read out what the White House sends them, they're just announcers for the latest press release. Does anyone in the USA actually do any investigative reporting anymore? I mean this sincerely too, is there anyone on any network who says things like "we called the White House for a response to this breaking story..."? If so, I don't think I have ever seen it.

What America needs is an army of Michael Moore's, I know a lot of people don't like him, but that is REAL JOURNALISM.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Your right
...'what are we going to do?', as we are all in the same boat now.
I'm so disgusted by the whole thing, that I haven't participated in any discussions, but being quietly outraged isn't good enough anymore, action is needed

IMO some of 'man's' most powerful and inspiring moments come when we all work together, standing strong in the face of disaster's and danger. I think this could be the key, the many working as one, united to sort out the few.

Chris

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
When you read the WH statement... you had better realize the policies are from the NWO-Globalists perspective ----not your perspective

'participation by citizenry' is not pro-activism on a civic level--- it is rather the squealers-on-thy-neighbor act by amateur spies for the gov't who will receive rewards for their betrayals.... think in terms of the Nazis' and WWII collabrators in France as the hidden code message WH Press Release

consider this related rticle.... it might become clear to you that the topic of this thread is pure administration propaganda...

the message becomes clearer when you put on the correct lenses, the ones that make you see more clearly

The person’s score will also rise if they visit the wrong websites, belong to the Libertarian party, own a gun, vote for third party candidates and are a veteran.

"Verizon & the NSA Are Constructing the “Red List”"

by Dave Hodges - thecommonsenseshow.com

The Washington Post revealed what most of us, who have intelligence community sources, have known for a very long time. Namely, all American citizens are persons of interest for this bankster controlled criminal government.This violates every precept of our justice system, yet, will anyone go to jail for these criminal acts being perpetrated against the American people? Absolutely not! It will be just like the child sex-trafficking rings run by Dyncorp and Goldman Sachs and the MF Global theft ring led by John Corzine and Gary Gensler (both ex-Goldman Sachs boys). NOBODY will do anytime for these acts, and this article will detail why not and how this is a major threat to all activists and freedom loving people living in the country...

source: www.thecommonsenseshow.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
We as people need to hit the reset button.
Dump them all and put in new faces.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Our BBC is a puppet these days, slapped with orders from the government and told what not to report on when it's something uncomfortable for the gov. You can see the delay too. Something will break and everyone else will get there first reporting on it, and the BBC is checking their legal position, calling number 10, asking their contacts in Whitehall whether they should report on it or whether they'll get a telling off from the PM

Interesting. What has happened to the days when Roger Waters could tell the world " Hey you Whitehouse, Ha Ha Charade you are"

Perhaps this has happen in America as well with the disappearance of musical influences-somewhat radical at times-that I had as a teenager. I was listening to southern country poets who would slam the Government with"

"Too many lives they spent across the ocean
Too much money they spent upon the moon
Well until they make it right
I hope they never sleep at night
They better make some changes
And do it real soon"

Where are the musical and lyrical influences for teens and young adults in today's society-on both sides of the pond?.

If today's young people had real musicians and poets they would be screaming about all this and give a voice through music that seems to have fallen off the planet.

"The exodus is here
The happy ones are near
Let's get together
Before we get much older.

Teenage wasteland
It's only teenage wasteland.

Where have all the poets gone?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I really haven't heard the term investigative reporter for a long time now. I know the 60 minutes program used to do some great investigative reporting, but that has fallen by the wayside.

I recall Sam Donaldson being a hard nose reporter who would ask the tough questions at white house press conferences. Helen Thomas also asked tough questions. I hear she was booted out of the White House press conferences because of it, but I could be wrong.

The news media no longer has a free hand in reporting the news. What's a shame, is reporters are not making a stand and protesting this strong armed pressure by our government and corporate giants. The public is also sitting back and not demanding the news media to protect us from our government's trend of chipping away at our constitutional rights. The news media is also taking political sides, and are now engaging in bias reporting.

I think our governments are getting out of hand, and the public is being left out of the loop. We have a minority of people making decisions on our behalf that don't parallel the public's interests or concerns.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
They're about as transparent as a dog turd on a shiny new kitchen floor.

Awesome description.

I'm betting Holder is the first to 'choose to resign'.

I dunno' .... Holder is hanging on through it all. Even when found in Contempt. Even when his lies and corruption are undeniable. He keeps hanging on. The only one who can make him leave at this point is Obama (IMHO). And Obama, who just gave Susan Rice a major raise even though she is a proven liar, isn't pushing his buddies out the door.

I have a theory on his behavior towards Susan Rice and Eric Holder .... but since I can't prove it I will refrain from posting it. As soon as I see the hard evidence that supports my theory ... I will post a thread on it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join