It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let us pause to read a very important message from the White House

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

Because it is as much a load of crap as it was when he first said it in 2007.

I guess once a liar always a liar!

And yes I know what it means to call some one a liar.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Who exactly would have been behind a Special Prosecutor for the circumstances behind going to war? (for whatever that has to do with what Obama has done anyway). Congress, to measurable numbers on both sides of the aisle, gave Bush permission for both wars, in advance and without mixed words. Declaration would have been real nice, but Congress is too gutless for such a thing, even when they public support it by words. The public knows what a farce much of that was now but they all get many of the same briefings any President does or can request them if desired. They knew or should have known. Both Parties.

This time though, it's really an Executive thing and not only that, Congress has been told for a few years now that if they don't do it his way, he'll go around or over them. I think they've about had all they can or will take from Obama as he's totally forgotten he's an EQUAL part of a 3 part system. Courts and Congress are 100% EQUAL, albeit in different ways ...not subordinate, as he seems content to treat them. This whole working together concept isn't optional in our system and spending every day at fund raisers isn't how that happens.

Arrogance is a foolish trait to wear like he does at times and it can come back very very badly when tables turn, IMO.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Arrogance is a foolish trait to wear like he does at times and it can come back very very badly when tables turn, IMO.

Very adroitly said. Basically this is going to bite him in the a$$. (Can we say ass on ATS?)
Well the press didn't care when he lies on Benghazi, or about IRSS targeting or about any of the other multitude of lies.

But now it's a big deal because he went after the "press" and the Brits had the balls to break the news on everything else.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Did I ever tell you how much I like you? You have quite the way of bluntly saying what we all feel with verbal poetry.

edit on 8-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
The current administration is so transparent, it has become invisible.

The government is right in front of everyone, pulling all kinds of shenanigans, but no one can see what it is doing because it is so transparent, you can't even see it anymore.

Yes and Very Secretive Too.

Justice Department Fights Release Of Secret Court Opinion On Law That Underpins PRISM Program

Mere hours after President Barack Obama said Friday morning that he welcomes a debate on the federal government's highly classified surveillance programs, his Department of Justice tried to squash the release of a secret court opinion concerning surveillance law.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Yes, continue with the Transparency,,,,, LIES!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

Liberty is weeping, no one who voted for him did any research, it stands to reason if they had would they have voted for him? And if he really did win his second term. (Some doubt it) And you voted for him again what were you thinking?!?!
I'm trying with all my might not to say this, but I have become weak with disgust... Told ya so!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think you can call this an executive thing. Congress is the law making body and they are all just as guilty as the executive branch. These laws were put in place after 9-11 and Congress did zilch to stop this. As they do to this day.

There were plenty of impeachable offenses perpetrated by the Bush 2 administration. You won't find a complicit congress to help any of us.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The interesting thing is, hindsight is 20/20.

Remember Maxine Waters when she proclaimed Obama had a massive database of information at his fingertips that would assure he won the election?

And, do you remember ValJar, how she said, "If you are with us, you will be rewarded. If you are against us, revenge is coming. It's our turn, now."

Oh yes, and it certainly gives new meaning to the statement from Hillary, "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Think about it. With what you knew then, and what you know NOW, it all sure takes on an amazingly different image, now doesn't it? That's because then, when they said it, they knew what you didn't.

Now, rethink it, knowing likely what is just a small portion of what they know. Funny, it really changes everything. It's almost hard to take the new view on, but, to see where they were coming from, you have to.

Now, just imagine what we don't know YET, and may never know. What we suspect probably doesn't even come close to the reality.

If someone had said any of these accusations (apart from the data collection) just 3 months ago, they would have been laughed at. The GOP and Tea Party certainly were when they complained about the IRS.

Who's laughing now? Big Sis, Obama, ValJar, Holder. Yeah, we are still the brunt of the joke, because there is NOTHING we can do about it.

What was it Obama told the GOP? I won, now go sit in the back and shut up. Let the adults clean up the mess.

Great job, eh.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hoax Bin
Mods do your thing.....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I'd have to disagree. Congress has oversight and they have dropped the ball up to this point on that. That is what seems to be changing.

Obama has direct command and control of the agencies involved here by way of his cabinet members and as head of the Executive branch of Government.

Congress can't usurp that authority, which is why you see punitive stuff out of congress come by way of de-funding things. It's their only real power outside calling for investigations, to take within the duties and power areas of the Executive. The lines are clear even if they make them seem blurry in public talk and rhetoric.

This is all basic Constitutional lines of separation of the 3 branches for powers. If anything, Obama has been encroaching hard on the Congressional side by his Treasury and White House suggesting and then all but demanding an Executive and not Congressional control of the debt ceiling limits.

There is also the possibility of personal motivations. If pushed far and hard enough, or at least, believed this way by some? Then resignations or removal by law of Obama and Biden puts the Presidency directly in the hands of John Boenher. President Boehner, as he'd become if scandals take the two current heads of the Executive down together.

So there are all kinds of reasons to see this pushed forward and few to see it dropped at this stage. It's building both speed and momentum, daily....and that isn't a real good thing to be in front of. Like a train.....as almost everyone around Reagan once learned and some lost careers for. One, it's fair to suggest, lost his life over it by the stress and pressure of the scandals then.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This can't be recent, can it? There's no date on the page and really, do they think we ALL are that stupid? About as transparent as a lead door. What a crock, even if it is old.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Time to say goodbye to Republicans and Democrats. They conspire together to scam, defraud and extort money from the citizens to give to their friends, family, and campaign contributors. We will never have honest, transparent government as long as Republicans and Democrats get elected.

After every election the headlines scream "REPUBLICANS WIN!" or they scream "DEMOCRATS WIN!". But they never, never, never scream "AMERICANS WIN!". Why is that? It is because when Democrats and Republicans win, Americans get screwed.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hey to be fair, OBI is the most transparent leader the world has ever known. Seriously.I mean anyone with half a brain can see through the Bull S...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

blll shhhht... Excuse me... Somebody bless me.... I just sneezed....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
In my head,all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher.

Mwah Mwah Mwah Mwah mmmwwaahhh

That's so funny, because it's the first thing that popped into my mind too- quickly followed by a vision of Lucy yanking away the football as Charlie Brown tries to kick it! Life imitates "art" in the most ironic ways sometimes!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This exempts the JUST-us system.

Who is "us"

Genesis 3 verse 22

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RKWWWW
www.whitehouse.gov...

Transparency and Open Government

Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies

SUBJECT: Transparency and Open Government

"My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government. We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration. Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government.

Government should be transparent. Transparency promotes accountability and provides information for citizens about what their Government is doing. Information maintained by the Federal Government is a national asset. My Administration will take appropriate action, consistent with law and policy, to disclose information rapidly in forms that the public can readily find and use. Executive departments and agencies should harness new technologies to put information about their operations and decisions online and readily available to the public. Executive departments and agencies should also solicit public feedback to identify information of greatest use to the public."

He did make his administration completely transparent come on guys and girls. Look his administration has no clue what goes on in the departments hes in control of so obviously the departments dont know his there since they apparently don't tell him anything. So this being the case hes obviously transparent so transparent his own agencies don't know hes there.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

The government is right in front of everyone, pulling all kinds of shenanigans, but no one can see what it is doing because it is so transparent, you can't even see it anymore.

Nuf said

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Tis about as transparent as a brick wall if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It's funny that you say you would have elected any available serial killer.

Seems like our leaders these days ARE not much more than mass murderers.

Oh, and frauds, extortionists, whatever else.

On the subject of transparency. It IS becoming pretty transparent. It's just that we aren't gonna like what we see. Also, it is obvious that Obama's idea of transparency works both ways. If the people get to see what the Government is up to, the Government thinks it is ok to see what we the people are up to...at all times.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join