It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Sheriff Arrested After Defending Second Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Liberty County Sheriff Nicholas Finch, 50, was booked in his own jail Tuesday with one count of official misconduct by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. The FDLE accuses Finch of covering up the arrest of Floyd Eugene Parrish after releasing him from the Liberty County Jail. Parrish had been arrested for carrying a concealed firearm without a license, a third-degree felony in Florida.

www.infowars.com...-4282003

Sorry for using info wars, but its the best gathering of all the information. I actually live in this small town, and thought Id share this with you all as it unfolds. Personally I do believe the law we have is a infringment on the 2nd adm. BUTTTTTTTT with actually living here, and seeing the arrest records in the county paper, and how many have been previously ARRESTED AND KEPT IN JAIL this year for the SAME charges. I call bs on his excuse. That's just me. What do you think ATS?
edit on 7-6-2013 by Computron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Computron

what ever lol i say. the sheriff broke the law. and the guy broke the law. no licence no conceal carry. and the sheriff lol is that the best excuse you can come up with i mean really?

my 2 cents

EDIT
and personally i think obtaining a concealment license for conceal carry is argeuing semantics. dosent hurt anybody and actually helps the community... imo futhermore for the paranoid ppl who dont want the government to know when we wipe our (noses) i say get over it .... well dont get over it really wrong choice of words there. accept it and do something productive about it besides talk about it on a internet forum...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Infowars didn't make up the story, they just reported on it........................

Here is the local news affiliates story....

ABC15

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Infowars didn't make up the story, they just reported on it........................

Here is the local news affiliates story....

Yes I know they didnt make up the story lol. Info wars was the only link I had at the time other than the county fb page............ Btw that isnt even the right story hahaha. This happened in FL, not AZ!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GRS1234

what ever lol i say. the sheriff broke the law. and the guy broke the law. no licence no conceal carry. and the sheriff lol is that the best excuse you can come up with i mean really?

my 2 cents

EDIT
and personally i think obtaining a concealment license for conceal carry is argeuing semantics. dosent hurt anybody and actually helps the community... imo futhermore for the paranoid ppl who dont want the government to know when we wipe our (noses) i say get over it .... well dont get over it really wrong choice of words there. accept it and do something productive about it besides talk about it on a internet forum...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GRS1234

Sometimes the line between concealed carry and securely encased carry is vague. If the guy had a gun ready to be fired then he did break the law. I still think it should be up to the officer discretion if an arrest should be made. We live in a dangerous world and sometimes a gun is a necessary tool for survival.

Hopefully the officer can keep his badge.

Those in power do not want you to have a gun without their permission, which is exactly what a Conceal and Carry License is. I know plenty of people with a CCL that are clueless about firearm safety and I know many more without a CCL whom I'd trust with a firearm.
edit on 7-6-2013 by jrod because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

well im now indifferent over this.. thanks
trying to be ambivalent has made me change stances. when you take in context the second amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right to keep "and" bear arms. seems logically speaking the concealment case is unconstitutional... hmm interesting.. haha seems sometime people just need to sound the sentence out "very" slowly in their head before it clicks. i had to
well guess i stuck my foot in my mouth! oh well Im a big boy i can pull it out

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This case may end up bigger than yall think. If it is deemed constitutional what Finch did, then would there need to be a revision on the state's, possibly country's laws when it comes to concealed carrying??

edit on 7-6-2013 by Computron because: america

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
thought i was going some where with my first post... now it seems like it was a load of bull turd.

its hard to stop that mentality from creeping in sorry to the op and posters.. ill try to refrain next time

edit on 7-6-2013 by GRS1234 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GRS1234
thought i was going some where with my first post... now it seems like it was a load of bull turd.

its hard to stop that mentality from creeping in sorry to the op and posters.. ill try to refrain next time

edit on 7-6-2013 by GRS1234 because: spelling

No it's not a load of bull turd lol. Im on the fence about this myself. While like I said in my op, I feel the law with carrying is unconsitutional. Though, I know personally (being I live here, and read the public arrest records every week in the paper) of arrests that were made under the same circumstances, and no one was let go. The person whom is named in the story, that was let go, is a personal friend of Finch.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

ok lets subtract the actual sheriff and the guy. and put in a john doe sheriff who never arrested some one for this charge.. and also no relation to the man what so ever. he is backed by the constitution 2nd amendment to free this man. it is the state who is inacting unconstitutional laws.... honestly when it all boils downs to it our government consists of 3 law apparatuses 1 the constitution 2 the state 3 the fed gov. when all of them should be getting their footnotes from the constitution but dont its pure madness imo needs a revision majorly.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Memorial day weekend I stayed at a friends condo for the weekend and we were set to go shooting on Monday so I brought over about 8 guns. I separated the Ammon from the guns by leaving the ammo in my truck and brought up all the rifles and handguns to the condo to be secured except one handgun I always keep in my center console.

There was another friend at the condo who needed to borrow my truck so I went down to my truck and took out my pistol left the ammo in the compartment because I have no idea if my friend has any felonies preventing him from being in position of possessing a firearm. As I was heading back up this jack arse decided to follow me up(3rd story condo) my friend was with me so he was a witness. This jack starts berating my friend for supposedly for going through the ashtray outside basically calling him a bum( my friend doesn't even smoke and this was his first time there). The jack sees my pistol and starts asking me if I have a license and walks up on me. I told him I do but don't need one to own a firearm and that I am a vet. He then goes off how he is a vet to and started cursing. That pissed me off so I put the pistol in my left hand it was still in its holster I kept it pointed down then saluted the guy and said( thank you for your service sir now will you please get the f... Out of my face sir)

That really pissed him off so I did an about face and went to my friends condo. End of story right. Nope. The jack called the cops. I don't know what he said but they came in full gear luckily I had seen them pull up and told my friend what happened. My other friend had already left in my truck. Now I do have a ccw permit but this was the beach I was in bord shorts and t shirt so I didn't have it on me. When the cops banged on the door my friend opened it and we were sure to be in plain sight away from any weapons. They had us come out one by one patted us down. BTW they were in full getup with shields and all. I was joking they were just a bit overkill. Anyway they did there usual split us up asked why we had guns and so forth. When they saw the 7 mm magnum it freeked the out because body armor wouldn't have helped. Also even though I told them where they were they couldn't find them at first which shows they aren't to astute. ( middle of the room in cases..duh)

Here the thing they asked me in a strange way why I didn't bring the pistol up in a bag or under my shirt after I told them my Ccw was at home. I looked at them and said well wouldn't that be considered concealing a weapon and therefore illegal. Everything I said here I told them like separating the ammo not letting a friend take my truck with a gun in it and exactly what I said to jack. BTW after the incident they had a long talk with jack I did hear them saying something about the second amendment and legal cause.

I am wondering if I had said I concealed the other guns would they have used that to charge me. ( I didn't though) one cop told another to tell me something about proper procedure carrying a firearm but they didn't. Actually they were rolling there eyes a lot when I was explaining why I took the gun out and seperating the ammo. Basically everything I did is proper procedure or common sense. One did lecture me on exchanging words with jack while being in possession of a gun which I agree but how stupid is jack for getting in my face. The cop said if jack told them I threatened him being in possession of a gun they would be taking me to jail. Being the smart arse that I am asked wouldn't that be cleared up when my friend got back and could attest to that not happening? His eyes rolled again and he muttered yeah.

Well I don't know if there is a moral to this story but I thought I would share..

edit on 7-6-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Well, you atleast were talking about concealed weapons, and police officers with that.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GRS1234

True, I guess we'll see what happens with this case. Hopefully, we dont have Glenn Beck show up to protest.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yeah I know it doesn't really apply to the thread but it losely fits as in not really but it came to mind when I read the thread.
the situation could have gone bad if things had played out differently. Usually you only read horror stories on here maybe I will start a thread with what I just wrote but I don't feel like answering a bunch of posts both negative and positive over it. It is just a one make that two post distraction. Sorry if it wasn't really in line with the op like I said it just made me think about that weekend. Maybe I am just a bit scatterbrained today it's been a long week.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I just finished listening to an interview on WFLA FM with Preston Scott and Sheriff Mack who is observing the trial, and the retired Sheriff had a lot of harsh words for the governor and the State Attorney General Willie Megs from even bringing this to trial.

The key points I learned was that the traffic stop was questionable. The man in question, Mr. Parish had a visible gun and when the deputy asked him if he had another weapon he said he had one in his pocket. Sheriff Mack pointed out that the rights to carry concealed in your home extend to your car in Florida and that the driver was not breaking any law by having a weapon in his pocket IN his vehicle.

Then, Sheriff Mack said there was no justification for the Deputy to pull the driver from his car that would then put him in violation of concealed carry laws.

Sheriff Mack said in the two days he has observed in court testimony the State has offered not one shred of evidence to support their claims that Sheriff Finch broke any laws and the only thing the State seems to have proved is that Sheriff Finch supports the second amendment.

Preston did a really good job on this interview and you can hear it later today on their podcast for the second hour. It's going to start near the end about the last ten minutes or so. It's not up yet or I would link directly to it.

Sheriff Mack also said it was evident the deputy had issues with Sheriff Finch, that he was a wimp, and that Sheriff Mack would never hire him. I hope we keep the heat up on this one because it appears the Governor whom up to this point I have liked is very wrong in this situation.

I have also liked Willie Megs, but I have no idea what he is up to here. At this point I am dumbfounded that this has actually happened in my home state of Florida.

I found this interview with Sheriff Finch that covers the issues and why charges were dropped and thus why he did not commit any official misconduct which is what he is on trial for:

edit on 30-10-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Just a note on news sources such as infowars, etc...

The internet (formerly known as the Information Super Highway) is full of information resources, including what I am comfortable labeling as our beloved Main Scream Media, that often produce more indoctrinate subject matter than just basic news reporting. However, if one can extract the basic information without soiling oneself in the polarized stain so often attached, the 'where' something comes from has less meaning than the 'what' you get out of it.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The problem is the cover up. If this Sheriff was sure he was doing the right thing declariing himself judge and jury and letting the guy go instead of letting the court decide then he should not have tried to cover the entire thing up by altering logs etc.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

MrSpad
The problem is the cover up. If this Sheriff was sure he was doing the right thing declariing himself judge and jury and letting the guy go instead of letting the court decide then he should not have tried to cover the entire thing up by altering logs etc.

There is no cover-up. The Sheriff has the right to decide his deputy made a bad decision and drop the charges and nullify the arrest. It happens all the time by police departments. I have actually talked with State Attorney Willie Megs personally, and know for a fact that Mr. Megs has personally and officially refused to prosecute a case in the past because it was obvious the cop was wrong, and then the police / sheriff department nullifies the case.

The Sheriff was that deputy's boss. The Sheriff did not know Mr. Parish personally, but he did hear about the arrest and it seems this deputy was under some scrutiny for making really bad arrests. This deputy in fact did not have any issue with Sheriff Finch nullifying the arrest until 2 months later when the deputy found out HE was being investigated by Sheriff Finch for official misconduct and then that little weasel deputy ran to FDLE to file charges against the Sheriff!

There is zero proof that Sheriff Finch destroyed any documents or did anything inappropriate. The local judge had already agreed with 3 other cases not involving guns that the Sheriff nullified. I also discovered that Governor Scott's family was against this non-affiliated Mr. Finch when he ran for Sheriff. It seems this is more about political games than following the law and catching some out of control Sheriff.
edit on 30-10-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join