It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whole Gay/Lesbian issue just took a step in the wrong direction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

A PREGNANT woman who is "having a lesbian" stars in a provocative new billboard to promote gay marriage.
Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays spokeswoman Shelley Argent said the campaign was designed to garner support from mainstream families for gay marriage, on the grounds that gay children were "born that way".
"Being lesbian or gay is not a choice," she said.
"It's got nothing to do with culture or parenting skills.
"It's just the way you are. You're born that way."
The billboard shows a smiling woman baring her pregnant belly, with the slogan, "Congratulations, you're having a lesbian".

www.perthnow.com.au...
Now, I haven't seen this billboard I am purely going off the article but this worries me, in the fact that it is almost starting to encourage people to raise their kids towards their sexuality.

If you see this maybe you'd be inclined to treat you baby/child like a lesbian thus very slightly easing them into the decision that they are lesbian, like their parents.

I have no problems with Gay or Lesbian relationships and I am ok with marriage if that's really what you want.
But I draw the line and children and adoption. Biological makeup dictates that a male and a female are needed to raise a child in a typical nuclear environment. A baby needs a father like a baby needs a mother so they can make their own choices on sexuality. A baby having 2 gay parents with a billboard like this in existence is really starting to play manipulator!

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

How bout we look at this another way.

A Child that has TWO Parents that Love him... How can that be a Bad thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

..... if both parents were pedophiles but loved their child dearly, does it fall under the same umbrella?

also, why did you immediately specify the child as being a 'him' ? how about her?
edit on 6-6-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Nothing you have said makes any sense ?

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

..... if both parents were pedophiles but loved their child dearly, does it fall under the same umbrella?

also, why did you immediately specify the child as being a 'him' ? how about her?

Why do you need to refer to paedophiles when talking about homosexuality ?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have to admit the add is only going to hurt more then it will help. Even though I agree being gay is not a choice. This makes it seem like a parody.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Now hang on.

Why can't he be a lesbian!

Now that's going to be one for the .. notice boards.

lol

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDerpingtonSmythe

I was merely making a point that just because 2 people love a child doesn't mean its all rosey and decent.

would you rather I say bank robber then ?

I suppose why it makes so many people uneasy is that pedophilia usually does consist of a homosexual relationship?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordDerpingtonSmythe

Why do you need to refer to paedophiles when talking about homosexuality ?

True.

Loving parents should never be questioned.

* I think it was more pointing out the fallacy of the claim. Loving parents can still be bad parents.*

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The ad is designed to get people thinking as it says in the article.

"It is designed to get people thinking, and challenge them a little," he said. "We're trying to point out to any family that marriage equality can be your number one priority, without your knowing about it." The billboard is accompanied by a YouTube video - "What R U having?" - featuring a woman having an ultrasound. "You're having a lesbian!" the doctor tells the overjoyed parents. The campaign's theme is that "any child can be born gay."

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I have to admit the add is only going to hurt more then it will help. Even though I agree being gay is not a choice. This makes it seem like a parody.

I agree, it is going to simply cause problems.

We don't have any attempts to state "Congrats, you're having a heterosexual" in any area of life, and we push the point that children are children, let them be children and become adults on their own.

But here we have a predetermined accepted sexual orientation decided without knowing. Can they test the baby to know? Really? Hmm..

So if the baby has not yet reached adult awareness, it is not a lesbian. Nor a slut, tramp, hooker, slush, thug, priest, politician, dole bludger, prime minister, or pope.

Silly advert.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

How is it different than 2 straight parents raising their child to be straight?
It is not a choice & no they do not need a father & a mother for a loving family
they just need a loving family period that will support the child in every way whether
the child is straight or gay.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I agree, which is why I am against adoption for gay couples because they will (maybe unwillingly) move that child toward a same sex mentality.

Its not natural, its not the way we were created. If a person is to choose homosexuality good for them, but they need to be given the same/normal nuclear platform to make that decision from.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yep just one of those double standards,when a straight couple's child is straight no one bats an eye, but when a gay/lesbian couple has a gay/lesbian child people freak out and act like they "brain washed" the kid.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by winofiend

I agree, which is why I am against adoption for gay couples because they will (maybe unwillingly) move that child toward a same sex mentality.

Its not natural, its not the way we were created. If a person is to choose homosexuality good for them, but they need to be given the same/normal nuclear platform to make that decision from.

If a child is not gay they will not have a same sex mentality.
People do not choose homosexuality, they are naturally attracted to the same sex.

link   

A person attracted to their same sex and a person attracted to children is two different attractions. I think you clumping them together is an oversight on your opinion.

As for gay couples unwillingly steering an adopted child to also be gay doesn't make sense to me. Straight couples have gay children all the time so it stands to reason that gay couples can produce straight kids. There is no magic mix and match that going to decide how a child turns out.

link   

*Facepalm* ..... really??

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDerpingtonSmythe

A child doesn't know anything about anything and is very vulnerable to parental influence.
You cant honestly tell me that 18yrs of gay parents wouldn't influence you one way or the other?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gadsden

Thanks for the contribution to the thread!

Sometime honesty and a willingness to debate a difficult topic comes along..

and that's how you reply?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It would not influence me because I am a hetrosexual.
Since I was raised by a single parent I guess I should be half gay ?

If your logic on this issue is sound, then straight parents would not have gay children.
Of course this happens so your thinking is flawed, this no doubt is down to your parents (based on your own logic).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join