It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Shoots My Dog, $1800 Fine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So here's the deal. Basically I'm pretty mad they just decided to shoot the dog but I'm willing to give the police officer the benefit of the doubt about that because of the dogs breed, which is pitbull. Let me say that the dog was the nicest dog around and we have never had a problem with him ever. He was nice to other dogs, and people his entire life, even to the point of being docile. So anyway, heres the story....

We put the dog in the back yard on a chain with a collar that has spikes in it that tightens as he pulls. He somehow escapes his collar and runs around the neighborhood. This isn't the first time hes gotten loose. He usually just runs around the neighborhood untill one of our neighbors brings him back. So... apparently, one of the neighbors had a rottweiler that was also loose by accident. So allegedly my pit killed the rottweiler and when the police arrived the dog went after the police officer and the police officer shot the dog.

I think the officer was quick to act based off of the history and nature of the dog but you never know. But this isn't it, this isn't the worst part of the story it gets better. Today in the mail we recieved a $1800 fine from the local magistrates office that we now have to pay. Can you believe that? They are fining us $1800 dollars after killing our dog. I think the rottweiler is a more aggressive breed and i think the dog attacked my dog. I also think the police officer was quick to shoot. I just can't believe it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I'm sorry to hear your dog was shot.
But depending on the leash laws in your area you are stuck paying that.

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
While I'm sad for your dog's undignified ending, I can't understand people who just leave their dogs alone outside and tied up. If it's nice enough for the dog to be outside, it should be being attended to by a responsible person at all times, especially so if you can't guarantee it not being able to get off your property if it somehow slips its leash. As for rottweilers being the more vicious breed, that is nonsense - viciousness is something an owner allows to develop, not something inherent in a particular breed.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sounds like a bum deal but do u think demonizing another breed of dog is gonna improve the public's out look on pitbull's. You should stop and think before you post a thread trying to garner support for your breed of choice while denigrating another. I own rotties have for 30 years i have owned only 1 overly aggressive rottie and it was latter found to be an inbred and put down before it could hurt another dog or a person. Rotties are bred to be family dogs and guard dogs they get there bad name because of movies any time u see a mean guard dog in a movie 99% of the time its a rottie so this burns the image into peoples minds there mean which is the farthest from the truth i would trust my dogs with a new born and have with my own kids, the owner makes the dog mean no mater the breed most the time.

+35 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I am sorry about your dog, but what about responsibility? It sounds like the dog has slipped his leash and also gotten out of your yard multiple times. Why didn't you either a) take action to secure your dog better while he is outside, or b) leave the dog inside until you can be outside with him? Consider this an expensive lesson in personal responsibility and learn from your mistake instead of blaming others for them.

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If your dog kept getting lose and then ended up killing my dog on one its many escapes you would have a lot more than just fine to worry about.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Actually the other dog was loose as well and trust me when i say i wouldnt be worried about you coming after me.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Leaving unattended dogs tied up is a terrible practice.

I have known pitbulls with wonderful temperaments and some with very unwonderful temperaments. The same applies to many breed (Except golden retrievers, of course. All wonderful.). But the "problem" with bulls is that their jaws are so damned powerful. It just takes one bite.

edit on 6/6/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Leaving unattended dogs tied up is a terrible practice.

I have known pitbulls with wonderful temperaments and some with very unwonderful temperaments. The same applies to many breed (Except golden retrievers, of course. All wonderful.). But the "problem" with bulls is that their jaws are so damned powerful. It just takes one bite.

edit on 6/6/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

While it's not an experience I'd be in a rush to repeat, I've pried one's teeth off the ear of my dog with my bare fingers and plenty of determination. My dog's yelps of pain gave me added incentive, and I have to admit, if the owner hadn't turned up on the scene in time to grab his dog after I'd freed mine, I might have had to cause it serious harm.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

phage i think you may be right never ever seen a aggressive golden retriever unless u count cujoe lol but that may have been a yellow lab been a long time since i seen that movie. ive been biten 2 times in my life by a dog both times were cocker spaniels go figure lol

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Well, its not like every single time we take the dog out we can watch him the whole time. We do the best we can pretty much.

Maybe the rottweilers are not more viscious but in the area i live they tend to be because of the type of owner that want them around here. So it may not be the dogs fault but the type of people around here tend to be the type that want viscous dogs.
edit on 6-6-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

cujo was a st. bernard, my youngest brother named every dog he had cujo, after he saw that movie.

edit on 6-6-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

He did slip his leash but once we got the new collar we havent had that problem in a really long time.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

saint bernard wow was i off lmao i havent seen the movie since i was a kid

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What exactly was the fine for? If it was for your dog being loose, shouldn't the other owners face the same fine? Also, I don't think there's any way to which dog started the fight. I guess you have to give the officer the benefit of the doubt on the story of the dog going after him, as I also can't see a way to disprove this.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Not having the dog on a leash and something else i cant remember ill have to check.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Do you know if the other owners were fined?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Not sure yet we just received the mail today.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Alright, I'd try to find out if they did or not.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Good idea. I'm going to check into that more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join