It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Poll: 87% Risk of Stock Crash by Year-End Worse Plunge than 2008

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Haha it would be very surprising, I don't think the S&P support at $1,600 will be broken for several months.

But a bearish transition has to happen eventually and a period of increased volatility should be the signal the market is about to reverse.

But as for now volatility is not close to alarming levels.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Inflation is healthy for the economy.

Inflation is not to be blamed for stagnant wages.

Please come correct or I will not address your points.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

The FED runs a tight ship so I doubt there are any variables that can possibly collapse the American based fiat system without the FED insiders being actively involved.

And since the fiat system is basically a never ending free trainload of money to those insiders I do not expect a collapse any time in the near future.

Recognize that the recession was orchestrated as the catalyst needed to bring positive change to the market. Now that the money supply has been expanded, liquidity restored and debt restructured in a more efficient and sustainable manner we should be in for a few decades of massive growth.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sensibleSenseless

Senseless is right...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The 2008 debacle was event driven....the cycles; however, suggest 2013 (1987 - 2000 - 2013?.....13 year cycle [13 is also a number in the Fibonacci series]).

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by On7a7higher7plane
reply to post by SubTruth

Inflation is healthy for the economy.

Inflation is not to be blamed for stagnant wages.

Please come correct or I will not address your points.

Inflation is not healthy for the economy when it soars due to money being fed into the system by the way of continued stimulus.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

Hence the name....????

It's a real mess - but a good one, if you're on the take.

Your demeanor reminds me of someone... a child cartoon - hmmm, your avatar speaks volumes.
edit on 11-6-2013 by sensibleSenseless because: avatar comment

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

"And since the fiat system is basically a never ending free trainload of money to those insiders I do not expect a collapse any time in the near future."

The above statement simply proves the point that a collapse can happen at any time. Should China redeem its US Treasury holdings all at once, never mind collecting on the gold they are due, a collapse of the USD is certain.

For proof, look to Nazi Germany or other South American economies that experienced hyperinflation simply by printing countless, but valueless currency.

Your argument to the contrary is ill-informed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join