It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge accepts James Holmes' insanity plea in Colorado shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

www.latimes.com

In key rulings Tuesday, the judge in the Colorado theater shooting case accepted James E. Holmes' plea of not guilty by reason of insanity, ordered him to undergo mental examinations and ruled that a contested notebook he sent to his psychiatrist must be turned over to the prosecution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

In coming weeks, Holmes, 25, will undergo examinations with doctors from the Colorado Mental Health Institute to determine his mental state and whether he knew right from wrong when he is suspected of unleashing a massacre in a packed movie theater.

A new development in the James Holmes case.

The judge overseeing the James Holmes case has accepted his plea of not guilty by way of insanity. Now, Holmes and his defence must hand over all evidence pertaining to the claim of his insanity in order for the review to take place. If he is found to not be insane, then he may very well be put to death. If he is found to be insane though, he will escape the death penalty.

www.latimes.com

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It always seemed inevitable that this would happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Particular interest in what exactly is pushing people over the edge there.

It'll be interesting to see what they find out and what they share.

Still the guy did the crime, and the families across the board will want justice.
It's probably safe to assume, he wont ever be out in public again at the very least.

Thanks for linking.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Unless you were proven to be a psychopath i cant see how anyone wouldn't be insane for randomly shooting up a theater of innocent people.

edit on 5-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If it means he never gets out? I'm fine with this one not being put to death as a personal opinion. Something tells me that living in a madhouse as a madman will be a fate far worse than just 'going to sleep' with lethal injection for the few minutes that would take.

Oh goodness.....In a proper hospital setting? Little James there could live a LONG life .... of confinement and insanity all around him. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest anyone?

Warm and caring staff are awaiting his arrival....I have no doubt.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I wanna see the video from inside the theater. But yeah, if he did the crime I think a mental institution is the best place for him.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

www.latimes.com

In key rulings Tuesday, the judge in the Colorado theater shooting case accepted James E. Holmes' plea of not guilty by reason of insanity, ordered him to undergo mental examinations and ruled that a contested notebook he sent to his psychiatrist must be turned over to the prosecution.

Well gee DUH, considering...

That the crime occurred in the ONLY District with a Special Mental Health Court, yes the ONLY district, how Convenient

And considering that the University Holmes attended and was doing research (advanced neuro mapping, etc) also has some Interesting Criminal GENETICS studies departments...

And considering the History of CO, if any Bother to research the Power apparatus of CO and links to militarization, Mining, Arch Diocese/Pope and big ole Government

Gee, surprising?

Hardly, working out to the letter actually,

Interesting OCCULT symbolisms too with the whole Holmes Joker thing, which, Ironically

Fits right In with a Lot of weird Occult type things in CO.

But nothing to see here, just move along folks...or cattle, in this giant Feedlot Fertilizer farm we reside in!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
But then again, it could all just be weird COINCIDENCES

Nothing more,

And like all the Other strange things in CO like Jo Benets sacrificial death, with a name phonetically sounding like RAMSES, you know the old Pharoah

And the mural at DIA

And the whole big thing with the Greek style Podium at Obama's Crowning day, that the Governer was a geologist, all the other weird things,

Almost like ancient Egypt.

So since this IS a conspiracy site,

While I could not say for sure what is anamoly and what is by deliberate design, you would have to admit

There's enough "strange coincidences" to fill up an entire series for Tales from the Crypt.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

How can he claim insanity with all the preplanning that required sanity in order for him to carry out what is now deemed an insane act?

He was sane when he bought all the equipment, died his hair, but became insane when he used it?

Pure BS

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

edit on 5-6-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join