It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Ripley knew what Dr. Steven Greer's Sirius Alien was in the 1930′s!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Pick up and flip though Ripley's Search for the Shrunken Heads: and Other Curiosities and you will find the image above of Ripley holding a familiar humanoid. According to his notes, the oddity turned out to be a person who was chosen for a full-body “reduction” rather than just a shrinking of the head.

Where did Mr. Ripley find this little guy?

Mr. Ripley found the shrunken body in Peru and named it “Atta-Boy”, after the nearby Atacama Desert, the same desert where Dr. Steven Greer would eventually find the humanoid body in Sirius.

Dr. Steven Greer's Sirius Alien

I think that the two "humanoids" are very similar and considering that both came from the same area, leads me to believe that Dr. Steven Greer's Sirius Alien is just another example of Robert Ripley's “Atta-Boy”...

Some of us still read books Mr. Greer!

edit on 4-6-2013 by mikemck1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

edit on 4-6-2013 by mikemck1976 because: (no reason given)

s+f!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It looks like a different little bloke to me .

Is it my imagination or is he doing a little dance on Ripley's hand

edit on 4-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

lol. I wish he'd hurry up. I'm running out of popcorn.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

it would be fun to act, in both alien- and predator movie...
so jealous..

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Sorry, posted it before it was done.

My bad..

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It was horsey manure then and it's horsey manure now. You can't shrink bones.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Great find. Isn't it interesting how a few decades change the first thought from "oh, it's a shrunken head thing" to now "oh, it's just a small alien". Of course it could be just a fabrication, but I find the way people initially react fascinating either way.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I agree with suz62 its not a shrunken person as you can't shrink bones , they do however seem related to each other as in whatever processes created Ripley's created Greers and they seem to be from the same region , I think chances are given the history of mummified corpses in South America they probably are mummified pre term babies .

I wonder how many more of these are in existence or waiting to be discovered .

Have to agree with this though ...

Now that we know, definitively, that Sirius‘ tiny “alien” is really just a human, be it a shrunken, deformed, or aborted one, ufologists and believers ought to be mighty pissed at Steven Greer for taking advantage of them.

Sure, what he found in the desert might have been weird, but Robert Ripley found something strange just the same, and unlike Greer, didn’t need to dress his oddities up in stories of aliens and free energy, knowing that sometimes, weird for weirdness sake is all you need to sell tickets
whofortedblog.com...

edit on 4-6-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The shrunken heads are created by first removing the bones,they never shrunk bones.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

As interesting as it may seem.. These little bodies are still not as fascinating as the human complex! People forget they are living inside one of the most complex "technologies" ever! Something that cannot be replicated by humans today or in the distant future.

Honestly who cares about these ugly little skeletons; people just want to drool over the idea of ET or other humaniod beings - because they still havent accepted or seen anything Extraterrestrial.. Humans are ET! Non native beings to this planet. Unless of course you fell for Darwin's ultimate deception..

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

How was my post off topic? I asked the OP if he knew how shrunken heads were made. He clearly doesn't and should read more on the subject before starting a thread that was obviously calling on the veracity of not only Greer, but the scientists at Stanford. IMO the OP needed to be called out and I didn't do it in any ill manner.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

How many ribs is it supposed to have?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Read this on Redice. they have another picture.

www.redicecreations.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

How was my post off topic? I asked the OP if he knew how shrunken heads were made. He clearly doesn't and should read more on the subject before starting a thread that was obviously calling on the veracity of not only Greer, but the scientists at Stanford. IMO the OP needed to be called out and I didn't do it in any ill manner.

Yes, I do know how shrunken heads were made...
But...
What does that have to do with these shrunken bodies?
Do you know how shrunken bodies are made?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

Originally posted by Bilk22

Yes, I do know how shrunken heads were made...
But...
What does that have to do with these shrunken bodies?
Do you know how shrunken bodies are made?

The skeletal structure is intact in the Greer remains. Shrunken heads are made by removing the skeleton within. There is no correlation which you tried to make. That's how. Explain how bones are shrunken and maybe you have something here.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It is interesting, but not the same.

I'm personally convinced that "Ata" is not a pre-term fetus due to the scientific caliber of the Stanford team and the details they've given so far - they (not just Greer) are very insistent on the age of 'Ata,' which is why I find it to be an excellent mystery. I don't need it to be an ET, or even anything weird - I'm just really excited by the anthropological forensics! And if that makes me sound like a total nerd, well sue me! I grew up on museums full of ancient peoples, histories and artifacts - and I frankly find the 'Ata' story to be fascinating.

Has Ripley's little guy had any x-rays taken? It would be really cool to see and compare those.

The biggest differences between the two are 1) skull shape (Ripley's is much more typical of a human fetus, with the normal rounding - google it, though I'll warn you it's very unpleasant) and 2) the width of the rib-cage (again, Ripley's is wider, much more like that of a normal human fetus - Ata's is very narrow and only has 10 ribs - can't count Ripley's guy's ribs - would need x-rays.) Well, that's all I see at first glance.

peace,
AB

ps - is it just me or is Ripley doing his best to look really creepy in that picture???
edit on 4-6-2013 by AboveBoard because: where did that extra 'a' come from??? must be 'a'liens!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think what Ripley had was another little alien.
From the same area too. I don't think it's possible to shrink an
8 year old to six inches tall, all while keeping the diminsions perfectly.

This Greer alien is gonna be a game changer,IMO
and I'm no Greer proponent .
After watching the professors from Stanford commenting on it
I'm pretty excited about what this may end up being.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Any sources as to how Ripley determined that the "oddity turned out to be a person who was chosen for a full-body “reduction” rather than just a shrinking of the head".

I'm not defending Greer's claims but it seems to me that you either choose to believe Ripley or Greer, or neither.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join