It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONN. BILL WOULD KEEP SOME NEWTOWN RECORDS PRIVATE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Now why doesn't this surprise me.........

hosted.ap.org...

The proposal is in a bill privately crafted by Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's office, the state's top prosecutor and legislative leaders. It would allow authorities to withhold from the public photographs, videos, 911 call recordings and other records depicting the physical condition of any victim of the Dec. 14 shootings, unless the family gives written permission.

The legislation would bar the release of emergency responders' audio transmissions but allow the public to view transcripts of the recordings at a cost of 50 cents a page. The bill also would limit disclosure of the death certificates of the 20 first-graders and six educators killed in the attack to immediate family members only.

We know what most of the radio transmissions are but I am VERY interested to hear or read what was being said during all the encrypted transmissions. There was a period shortly after they entered the school when alot of private talking was going on. The news stories of them finding all the kids almost immediately in the 2 rooms by the front of the school do not match the radio recordings at all.

I wonder why he is trying to sneak this bill through in private......so it does not meet with resistance perhaps? There are many things that happened at that shooting they don't want us to know about period.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

Come to think of it, weren't records from that tragic day supposed to have been released months ago? I'm sure we can all recall the threads that popped up (& 404'd/locked) were many posters would say we need to wait until all the information comes out, which I think was supposed to have been in March or April?

So now records that never came out are going to be private?
edit on 2-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I saw somewhere that a group of Liberals wanted the bloody pictures of the dead children so they could make signs of them and use them to protest the NRA because in their minds it was the NRA that killed those kids and not a crazed killer. That is disgusting and disturbing.

Still I don't think that the records should be shielded because there are too many unanswered questions. Any time an incident happens where the afteraffects are our rights being taken from us we NEED all facts, from all sides. There is no transparency in this "Most transparent administration ever" that needs to change.

So i'm torn, because the last thing this society needs is to see the bloody corpses of children used as a scapegoat to sway minds towards an already ever encroaching police state. But we also want and need this transparency that we keep hearing so much about.....where is it?

All hiding this info is going to do is convince more and more people that they got something to hide.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Are you talking about the sealed warrant info that was released? The official police report is supposed to come out in June or July.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14

I saw somewhere that a group of Liberals wanted the bloody pictures of the dead children so they could make signs of them and use them to protest the NRA because in their minds it was the NRA that killed those kids and not a crazed killer. That is disgusting and disturbing.

I agree that is sick and disgusting.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14

I saw somewhere that a group of Liberals wanted the bloody pictures of the dead children so they could make signs of them and use them to protest the NRA

There is no transparency in this "Most transparent administration ever" that needs to change.
Ah Yes, you Can't beat the LOGIC of a Rabid GOP Supporter.

First you say the Liberals "want" the Pictures, so that makes Liberals Evil and Disgusting.

Then you say Liberals "Dont" want the Pictures Shown, so that makes Liberals Evil and Disgusting.

Gold, Pure Gold

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It makes no difference who wants pictures shown or not asking for this much evidence to be sealed is a huge red flag. Why ask for the 911 calls to not be released unless there is something on them that is very telling.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Here is another article that shed's more light on this topic.

www.thenewamerican.com...

However, the Courant reports that “law enforcement officials have refused to release the 911 call tapes in the Newtown case so far.” In fact, officials have been very tight-lipped about the entire investigation, telling the public they will just have to wait until a final report is issued this summer. “Most investigative records have yet to be released concerning [alleged shooter Adam] Lanza, including any psychological reports,” the broadsheet noted.

At the same time, state police officers had no qualms about sharing details of the investigation with officers from other states at police conventions, prompting the Courant to editorialize:“If state police officers can leak details of the Newtown investigation at conventions, surely that information can be shared with the Connecticut public. It has more of a right to know than out-of-state police chiefs do…. This isn’t information to be hoarded and shared only at the state police water cooler.”

No kidding.......I want the Conn. State police to justify how they can talk about evidence at a convention yet it is so important to not release details to the MSM or the public.

top topics

join