It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US gov website tries to debunk conspiracy theories! Hilarious!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Check this out. It's the only government site that I know of that tries to debunk conspiracy theories. lol

www.america.gov...

However, whoever wrote it did a very sloppy job. It was obvious that his heart wasn't in it, and it looked like he was trying to rush through it. He even used a lot of ad hominem attacks, which is unusual for a government website. You'd think that the government could hire better writers wouldn't you?

Apparently, whoever wrote up this site thinks that one liners and denials are enough to debunk mountains of compelling scientific evidence for conspiracies and cover ups in major events such as the JFK Assassination and 9/11. Yeah right. How pathetic.

I wonder why the US government never sends any representatives to debate conspiracy researchers or answer their questions? It's like they are unable to debate or know they'd totally fail at it because they have so much to hide, since obfuscation is not going to work against intellectual truth seekers. So they don't bother to participate or have an open discussion with critical thinkers.

Anyhow, have a look at the link above and have a good laugh.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I went to the site and clicked in the 9/11 conspiracy to find out that indeed the towers did fall because of the full gas tanks that helped melt steel at a temperature that doesnt melt steel.

You're right. The guys heart just wasnt in it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurofile007

S&F simply for pointing out the supporting website for what we already know, in many cases the government hires narcissistic sociopaths to produce non-information drawing only on the consensus driven party line. I went through the that OP linked site, what a joke, a grade school kid could do better and at least probably present a few rational arguments.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Looks like they've been recruiting people from ATS

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
They added to the fire, now we know they're concerned.

The question is what is their concern?

I don't believe some of the conspiracies that they tried to debunk, but I don't dismiss them either.
There are to many conspiracy theories that are now conspiracy fact.

I'm thinking distrust in a corrupt government is behind this. Go ahead debunk voter fraud, attacks on the constitution, selling out America to Monsanto, poisoning use through water, food, and medicine.

Debunk FEMA camps with fences with barb wire facing in, law after law to support martial law.

I know your fears, we know your fears, so make fun use your,oh so creative debunking skills the world is waking time to show your hand.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I kind of agree. It's rather sloppily done and contains CT's that I've never even heard of like "economic hit men". Wth is an economic hit man? It's sloppy and does seem to rely on the "They say this and it isn't true. Trust us." for a good number of the things that they are purportedly debunking. They put a little more effort into the 9/11 section but that's about it. I also noticed that there were a lot of CTs that they didn't touch with a 10 ft pole. Pretty pathetic overall.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If you follow the links to debunking911.com you'll find that the sly S.O.B.s have started a site called AE911Truth.info, as opposed to the true AE911truth.com.....

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurofile007
Check this out. It's the only government site that I know of that tries to debunk conspiracy theories. lol

At least they do what they can. Conspiracy theorists will obviously see this as a cover-up, so it's a hopeless job.
What is your suggestion on how they could do it? If we pretend that all you believe is actually untrue, that there is no conspiracy?

However, whoever wrote it did a very sloppy job. It was obvious that his heart wasn't in it, and it looked like he was trying to rush through it.

I took only a quick look at "Space exploration conspiracies", and it was a short and concise explanation of the situation. What is your suggestion on how they could explain to you that there is not a tiny pink elephant-ghost living under your thumbnail?

I'm sorry but they can't.

Apparently, whoever wrote up this site thinks that one liners and denials are enough to debunk mountains of compelling scientific evidence for conspiracies and cover ups in major events such as the JFK Assassination and 9/11. Yeah right. How pathetic.

There is no mountains of compelling scientific evidence for conspiracies on neither case.

I wonder why the US government never sends any representatives to debate conspiracy researchers or answer their questions?

Because it's silly?
And I doubt such things haven't actually occurred many times.

It's like they are unable to debate or know they'd totally fail at it because they have so much to hide, since obfuscation is not going to work against intellectual truth seekers. So they don't bother to participate or have an open discussion with critical thinkers.

We'll see..

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
I kind of agree. It's rather sloppily done and contains CT's that I've never even heard of like "economic hit men". Wth is an economic hit man?

Its probably a reference to the book from some years back. Reasonably well known book.
"phenomenal New York Times bestseller"

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man
by John Perkins
amazon.com

edit on 31-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If you go to the home page it says:

Note: The America.gov website is no longer being updated.

edit on 31-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491

If you right click and select "view page info", it'll show that the page was modified on 5/31/2013 this morning. I checked it when I noted the "no longer being updated" note on the main page so something is going on that is modifying the page every time I visit it but web page stuff is not my forte so don't know why/what is being modified.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

If you right click and select "view page info", it'll show that the page was modified on 5/31/2013 this morning. I checked it when I noted the "no longer being updated" note on the main page so something is going on that is modifying the page every time I visit it but web page stuff is not my forte so don't know why/what is being modified.

Sounds like a bug. They show when the page was generated, not modified as in "changing the content".

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca

Looks like they've been recruiting people from ATS

Careful... I get called a debunker on ATS and even I see this site as a complete joke.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This made me laugh almost to the point of soiling myself, lol.

"...Fear-based associations can be more powerful than logic and facts. Compare how you feel about tungsten to how you feel about depleted uranium. Both are heavy metals, but "depleted uranium" might sound scarier to you..."

This is from the "Military" link.
edit on 31-5-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
AHHAHAHAHAHA! That's hillarious. So now the govt has a govt-conspiracy website that debunks literally everything? Interesting......S&F. Good find.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I saw that, it's from 2011 last update.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I may not agree with it all, but this brings up a common trend on ATS. Bash the opposition and slander the name without any shred of evidence and based almost solely on personal opinion of events.

This website, called hilarious and sloppy by the OP, is actually the exact opposite and is put together more thoroughly than 99% of topics I see on ATS now. Now remember, I do not agree with it all, but many of you should look at this as a standard to beat when you try to prove that they are wrong.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
I may not agree with it all, but this brings up a common trend on ATS. Bash the opposition and slander the name without any shred of evidence and based almost solely on personal opinion of events.

This website, called hilarious and sloppy by the OP, is actually the exact opposite and is put together more thoroughly than 99% of topics I see on ATS now. Now remember, I do not agree with it all, but many of you should look at this as a standard to beat when you try to prove that they are wrong.

^^^^ haha Zeus made the page

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurofile007

www.america.gov...

However, whoever wrote it did a very sloppy job. It was obvious that his heart wasn't in it, and it looked like he was trying to rush through it. He even used a lot of ad hominem attacks, which is unusual for a government website. You'd think that the government could hire better writers wouldn't you?

I wonder why the US government never sends any representatives to debate conspiracy researchers or answer their questions? It's like they are unable to debate or know they'd totally fail at it because they have so much to hide, since obfuscation is not going to work against intellectual truth seekers. So they don't bother to participate or have an open discussion with critical thinkers.

Anyhow, have a look at the link above and have a good laugh.

No.

One liners and antagonistic labels work on the sheeple. If the sheeple see the authority label something as negative and is repeated enough times they will believe it eventually.

This techinique does not work on non-sheeple.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
wow that site is funny.

But hey, at least they mentioned WTC7. Usually people like that just leave it out.

“Protocols” to be a fake, with large sections copied from a book published in Geneva in 1864, Dialogues in Hell between Machiavelli and Montesquieu by Maurice Joly.

I'm not saying the protocols were truly written by jews, but just because sections were copied, doesn't really mean it's fraud. Do you get what I'm saying?

Lots of non-sequiturs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join