It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad says he already has S-300 rockets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

So Assad says he has received his first shipment of rusiian missiles.
Now thats a statement. I have heard that if Syria has these online , all of Israel could become a no fly zone. Israel aint going to accept this im sure.
So whats next in Syria.

www.presstv.ir...
edit on 18/01/11 by aarys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I'm concerned mostly about the Israel/ Hezbollah angle here. What happens if or when Israel intervenes? The US is 15 trillion in debt, and can't afford another war. Most of Europe is in worse economic shape than the US, so that leaves Iran, Russia, and Hezbollah with the upper hand. It's not looking good.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Confirmed in our mainstream news...yes.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yes and the other day, i think it was yesterday. Israel said they would not let Assad get these weapons. If Assad ain't lying, TO LATE BIBI. Funny how the bully in the playground packs a sad when the other kids stand up for themselves.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

and Israel did nothing ?

Where is this Israeli defense chief ? Hadn't he threatened to use force to stop that transfer ?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

Maybe they are waiting for the proof. Assad could just say this to keep Israel at bay. But if Israels intellergence is as good as they say, then they should already know. Right?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Right

But If True , this will be a Game Changer

No - one will ever dare to attack Damascus Again

edit on 30-5-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Makes you wonder what has happened to the world famous israeli intelligence community. A year ago they were saying Assad and his regime would be doomed within weeks. Fast forward, and we have sophisticated russian anti air missiles being deployed in Syria, Hizballah pouring in to aid the regime and Iran sending huge amounts of munitions and weapons daily.

From 2012

the US State Department proclaimed Assad to be a “dead man walking”, and Israel’s defense minister insisted that Assad would fall in a matter of weeks.

I honestly don't think any of them have a clue what they are doing anymore, which is quite a frightening prospect realy....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
From the link...

Israeli regime hinted it would take action to prevent the delivery of the systems to Damascus.

Just....why?
I thought those were defensive systems. Looks like Israel doesn't like it when its rivals are capable of defending themselves.

“Syria will not let any Israeli aggression go unanswered without retaliation. The retaliation will be the same size as the aggression, and the same type of weapons will be used,” the Syrian foreign minister stated.

God willing, Syria has what it takes to deliver a fitting response to any Israeli aggression.
edit on 30-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The S-300 rockets are a ground to air type missiles,meaning,there are only good for defensive purposes...But no!,,Israelis do not want any country in the region to be able to defend themselves... I am afraid it is Too late Bibi,.It is finally happening, the battle between the one eyed bear and the featherless eagle,under water with no oxygen mask!. .

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicQuest
reply to post by aarys

and Israel did nothing ?

Where is this Israeli defense chief ? Hadn't he threatened to use force to stop that transfer ?

I think that the missiles may have been delivered by Russian ships.
Either that or someone in Israel's intelligence community dropped the ball on this.
I wonder how long it takes to get the system up and running, maybe there will be more airstrikes before Syria can get them operational.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Agreed, but sometimes, the bully turns out to be tougher than the clichés let on. Not every bully backs down at the first sign of true resistance. Sometimes you really do have to fight.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I knew this was not gonna be easy as they did with Libya. All of Kadafi's friends turned on him and he was all alone to fight of the scavengers > ( USA, Europe)
But Assad still has friends and they are big boy friends 2 > Russia, Iran & Hezbollah. Well Hezbollah is not a big friend but still they can take some bullets for Assad.

This civil war is in my oppinion already a World War because we have so many sides fighting eachother even if it is done in the background. I Think this is gonna be the biggest war we are ever gonna see in our lifetimes so we have to keep a close eye to what is really going on. We all know it's about a pipeline but also for the total control of the middle east by the west...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
S-300 is just a S.A.M., they aren't impossible to get around, you just have to fly under the radar, so we'll just send them gunships that can do that and knock out S.A.M. sites at will. Ofcourse having a highpowered laser flying in orbit that can hit any target from space, might come in handy if it ever gets finished.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
S-300 is just a S.A.M., they aren't impossible to get around, you just have to fly under the radar, so we'll just send them gunships that can do that and knock out S.A.M. sites at will. Ofcourse having a highpowered laser flying in orbit that can hit any target from space, might come in handy if it ever gets finished.

Aha... And these gunships you speak of... they don't by any chance have wings and fly... huh...

Wait! They do fly! Then the S-300 system is right at home.

Also I forgot. The S-300 system is also an anti-satellite system. Satellites are covered.

edit on 30/5/13 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
All this does is open the doors for the U.S. to be able to send weapons that can counter the s300's. After all if Russia is allowed to do it, then why can't the U.S. do it as well?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Seems to me as if he's goading Israel to try and attack again. If they call his bluff and attack what does that mean then? Will Russia intervene? Will the IDF be shot down by the SAMs? If so then will the conflict escalate?

I guess only time will tell.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well we are retiring ther F117 fleet...maybe Israel will get some stealth capability for pennies on the dollar next...the same way they got the rest of their air force....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapur
The S-300 rockets are a ground to air type missiles,meaning,there are only good for defensive purposes...But no!,,Israelis do not want any country in the region to be able to defend themselves... I am afraid it is Too late Bibi,.It is finally happening, the battle between the one eyed bear and the featherless eagle,under water with no oxygen mask!. .

Well, in all fairness to Israel here, that's not quite true. 100% Defensive would suggest the system is meant to operate within Syria's map borders. The S-300 has a maximum effective range, depending on model, of 195 Kilometers or 121 miles. One site puts the distance from Damascus to Tel Aviv at 214 Kilometers/133 Miles.

Google Map of Syria

I think Israel has something of a point....as there is a lot South of Damascus to move those to (in moving that 195 Kilometer circle for southern limits)...and they are truck mounted with 5 minute driving to firing capability. It's what makes them special, among other things.

So...I don't think Israel has any right to make any form of strike over this....but they sure have reason to be worried when the S-300 radars are active. Syria can literally shoot Israeli aircraft as they take off from their own bases. Talk about check-mate. Now it gets interesting, I'd say.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join