It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some 100,000 Christians killed per year over faith, Vatican says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

You obviously dont realise that Christians have been in THOSE lands for thousands of years... They are being persicuted by their very neighbors. There are christians in other counties along side muslims just as there are jews along side muslims in many places. They aren't there to convert or fight them. There are even laws alowing them to live "peacefully" along side the other religious peoples. Now.. Christians are being hunted like animals. You also dont understand that many of these christians live in their own little communities that get raided by muslims. What does america, catholics or Israelies have to do with those communities? Not a damn thing. They just happen to share a similar belief. Matter of fact.. they're more devout than the christians in this country.

You're basing everything off of something you obviously know nothing about. You're just takign a bad situation and trying to point a finger when it has nothing to do with us or anyone else. These peoples have been trampled on from the start. Look at Rome.. That's a prime example.

Another fact for you.. Catholics persicuted their own as well in those days.. but it's no longer "those days". Like we tell people who think they're owed retribution for their lands getting taken, for their 5X great grandfather for being a slave... it's history.. get over it. This is here and now.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by leostokes
Have we forgotten the organized violence against the non-christians by the Catholics? It is called the Inquisition. Torture and burn at the stake.

No; but we haven't forgotten the organized violence by the Catholics against the Christians who refused to bow to Rome. Read the book Foxe's Book of Martyrs just to get an idea.

The Vatican is correct. Hundreds of thousands of Christians are murdered every year because of their faith. What they are not telling is that they have a huge part in it, like they have for a very long time. A faithful Catholic is not a Christian. You cannot, no matter what anybody tries to say, deny the Son of God as the one and only mediator between man and the Father, and be a Christian.

A true Christian confesses their sins to the Father, not a mere man. They pray to the Father in the name of His one and only Son, not to a woman who died 2,000 years ago and is asleep in her grave. They do not bow down to any other man in an act of worship. They only bow down to the Father when they pray in the name of His Son. They do not pray to or bow down to idols such as the crucifix or statues.

You are right. Hundreds of millions of Christians were tortured, burned to death, pulled apart slowly, boiled alive in oil, throw from cliffs, impaled slowly, cut to ribbons until they died from shock, pressed to death, hanged, and many other things. But, that was the doing of the Roman Catholic Church, not of Christians.

Read Foxe's Book of Martyrs. Read about Jerome and Hus. And read about Martin Luther's life. Then you will get a slight idea about just how non-Christian the Roman Catholic Church is.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Christians are persecuted, but so is everyone else.
Only way out is for people to accept that every path is personal AND VALID.
but darn, that's a pagan thing. They'll never buy into that.
We're doomed.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

I'm afraid there's little in your post which I can agree with without some kind of evidence.

You are right. Hundreds of millions of Christians were tortured, burned to death, pulled apart slowly, boiled alive in oil, throw from cliffs, impaled slowly, cut to ribbons until they died from shock, pressed to death, hanged, and many other things. But, that was the doing of the Roman Catholic Church, not of Christians
I have never seen any source which makes that claim. Even the most rabid anti-Catholics put the deaths of the Inquisition at 9 million. Most scholars, Catholic or otherwise, put the number at less than 125,000 over the centuries the Inquisition operated. There is a very good argument to be made for putting the figure at 25,000 or fewer.

A faithful Catholic is not a Christian.
That, of course, is an opinion offered by those who wish to define "Christian" as only those who believe as they do.

I'm afraid you'll have to put me down as one who does not agree with your post.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by a xtian apologist
What say the apologists to all of this?

pot meet kettle?

oh look, xtians and muslims working and agreeing together

Gays in Africa face growing persecution, human rights activists say
"EAT DA POO POO" or "xtians talking shiz"

oh look, somethings never change
Suspected Witches Burned Alive by Christians in Kenya, Africa [VIDEO]

WARNING GRAPHIC!
Five people from Kenyan village Kisii Nyamataro were slowly burned alive because they were suspected of witchcraft They did not acknowledge Jesus Christ as their God. The five young people, both men and women were beaten with sticks and set on fire to slowly roastwhile other villagers, including priests watched the spectacle. Religion always brings out the best in people!!

www.thecontroversialfiles.net...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That's more people than the flu measles mumps etc have killed for decades, we need a vaccine for this religion disease.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
An out cry of wrong doing by Christians?

I suppose with the increase of people questioning or denying the Bible, it's only a matter of time before Christians can call themselves a minority.

Might as well jump on the band wagon of minority injustice, and then instead of the world blaming white Christians you can all point the finger at atheists.

Bring it!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
While I was in Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm, I got to see exactly how the Muslims see us. Of course, when I got in country, the first briefings that we were given were on how to not upset the locals, and to respect them and their religion.

The Saudis were always very cordial hosts, but you could see a genuine mistrust that they have for Westerners.

Part of my job in the USAF was to have one last look at the aircraft and arm its weapons at the End Of Runway area. The Saudis have a small air-con building at the EOR at Khobar, which we were told we could use. The first day that we used this building, the Saudis were nice enough to leave us reading material... in Arabic of course. I saved one of these rags, only to have it lost in a PCS move... bummer. I cannot read Arabic, but the symbolism used was very clear. Images of splintered crosses, a Star of David with a nuclear mushroom cloud at its center...

Islam wants the world. Period. Christians and Jews are evil heretics in their eyes, and must be destroyed. The Islamists have made it abundantly clear that they have ZERO regard for innocent lives; who they kill is of no concern to them, it is the why they kill that is important to them.

You think the Inquisition was bad? Keep placating the Muslims...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"Kill a thousand Jews, the world is in uproar. Kill a thousand Christians, only the crickets show their sympathy".

Yes, this is a one line post as I have nothing else to say and the quote shows the double standards in our world today. My apologies.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Religious loons kill each other, headline 2: titanic sinks

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

But the facts increasingly seem to indicate that this is very far from the truth. The facts more seem to align with the idea that Islam, as a whole, is involved in a steady campaign to drive all other religions out from their midst in countries where they already have control - and to slowly but surely infiltrate and influence all other nations on Earth, and then wipe out all non-Muslims in those countries.

And which facts would those be? Please show us your facts and give us an outline of how they show Muslims "as a whole" are intent on exterminating all non-muslims in the world. I know it may seem like using flowery verbage and a calm demeanor will camoflage your bigotry but you would be wrong.

reply to post by Wandering Scribe

My god (lol). This post was full of so much win I'm considering framing it and hanging it on the wall. Wonderful job.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I was asked to repost this post from this thread

Some ''Jihadi'' quotes from Muslim leaders about their terrorist attacks. There is obviously an International 'agenda', it is not a peaceful agenda nor is it about US and UK forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Nigeria

"For peace to reign in the land, all Christians must convert to Islam. Allah has tasked all Muslims in Quran chapter 9 verse 29 to continue to attack Jews and Christians who refused to believe in him and his messenger, Prophet Mohammed"

Abu Qaqa, explaining why his band massacred nearly one hundred worshippers, including children, in a series of attacks on churches in a single Sunday morning.

Libya

“We are in a battle with the liberals and the secularists... I swear by Allah that we can tolerate the killing of all people and wiping all countries off the map but we cannot tolerate a single swear word that could hurt our prophet... Our brave youths will continue their struggle until they impose Sharia"

Mohammad Ali al-Zahawi, the leader of the Libyan arm of Ansar al-Sharia, which has massacred hundreds.

Mali

“All we want is the implementation of Sharia.”

A spokesman from Ansar Dine, a group which has been compared to al-Qaeda for its summary execution of civilians and captured soldiers..

USA

"The Muslim war will continue until Islam is spread throughout the whole world."

Faisel Shahzad, in his farewell tape, made shortly before the attempt to mass murder hundreds of New Yorkers at Times Square.

UK

''Our religion is Islam - obedience to the one true God, Allah, and following the footsteps of the final prophet and messenger Muhammad... This is how our ethical stances are dictated. “

Mohammad Sidique Khan, London subway bomber, explaining his motives on a pre-recorded video tape.

Thailand

"The Islamic warriors of Pattani announce the purpose that we will never stop killing the Siamese kafir (infidel) and will never stop destroying army weapons, the economy, politics, education and the Siamese kafir society until we regain the land of Pattani and establish the state of Pattani Dar al-lslam”

Leaflets distributed by separatists to intimidate the local Buddhist population.

Sudan

"To Fight and Conquer. Death in the name of Allah."

The unit logo of the Janjaweed militia, responsible for “cleansing” Darfur of African people along with the rape of thousands of women.

Somalia

"And your brothers of the Mujahideen Movement are on their way, going forth in Jihad against the occupiers and disbelievers so that the word of Allah is the highest and there is no more fitnah on earth and the religion is solely for Allah."

Deadly Somali terrorist group calling itself, Youth Islamic Movement

Spain

"Allah, may he be praised, said… ‘Kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from where they have driven you out; for internal strife [Fitna] is worse than killing.’"

The Qur’anic verse quoted by the Abu Hafs Al-Masri Brigades in explaining the murder of 202 Madrid train commuters

The Philippines

“We may be small in number, but we have plenty fighting with us--the angels and the hand of Allah. We dream of an entire Islamic world, and we will achieve it. Allah is with us."

Abu Sayyaf terrorist group leader, Khadaffy Janjalani, responsible for church bombings and beheadings.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Those aren't "Muslim Leaders" They are the leaders of Muslim Extremists. There is a difference.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

The quotes are from people who are Muslims, who lead and direct other Muslims. That would seem to make them Muslim leaders. Now it may be a subset of all Muslims, but they appear to be very wide spread, very violent, and intent on conquering the world starting with the countries in which they've set up shop. They're certainly not Episcopal leaders, and religion is the centerpiece of their mission.

If they paint a false image of Muslims, why wouldn't the leaders of the "true Muslims" stop, or at least strongly discourage them?

If they are not condemned and shut off from support, there would seem to be an implicit recognition of them by the Muslims of the world.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
I was asked to repost this post from this thread

Some ''Jihadi'' quotes from Muslim leaders about their terrorist attacks. There is obviously an International 'agenda', it is not a peaceful agenda nor is it about US and UK forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

maybe they are ascared of christians?
pedophile priests are every where after all....you never can tell either till its too late
or they are working for the alCIAduh....
who knows they might even be " through deception though shalt cause war...." types

edit to add
Oh look
www.abovetopsecret.com...

christian Obama USA supported alCIAduh bulldozing Abrahams digs
go figure eh?
edit on 30-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by mobiusmale

Deuteronomy 20
10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

--------------------------------------------------------------

19 When you lay siege to a city for a long time, fighting against it to capture it, do not destroy its trees by putting an ax to them, because you can eat their fruit. Do not cut them down. Are the trees people, that you should besiege them? 20 However, you may cut down trees that you know are not fruit trees and use them to build siege works until the city at war with you falls.

Three different religions all following the same God, attacking each other.

First, it was the Jews who carried the murderous torch of their god, then the Christians grabbed the lit baton to spread the "Word of God." Now, it's the Muslims claiming to have the flame of truth.

The truth is that all the religions have been used to promote the will of greed, power and superiority. Not one of them own the way, the truth or the light!

edit on 29-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Exactly. A Christian will see this as Muslims persecuting Christians but what I see is an Abrahamic faith persecuting an Abrahamic faith. Christians, Muslims, Jews... they are all guilty of a sordid past filled with genocide and brutal treatment of other human beings. From an outsider's perspective, they are all cut from the same cloth.

And just a side note, when I bring up the persecution of the various native and pagan religions in history by Christians, they often bring up how Christians have also died... by the hands of other Christians. That only makes it worse. It seems as if every historical culture has been victimized by the Judeo-Christian-Muslim faiths. Including themselves.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

After making the last post of mine about how I feel about Abrahamic adherents dying by the hands other Abrahamic adherents, I wanted to actually respond directly to you about how I feel about religious persecution in general.

It is ugly. It still exists. There are very few spiritual paths that have been completely innocent regarding it. It is one of the last vestiges of fear-based mindless hate that seems to serve as a giant ignorant lynch-pin holding together the selfish and bloated "old world order". In other words, I think I hate hearing about Christians dying for being Christians just as much as you do and I'm sorry we still have to read this kind of thing in the year 2013.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Cuervo because: Sleepy as crap.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I tried to re-write my post a couple of times.

I failed to make it short, to stay nice, blame a few, provoke, and simply rant.

Religion doesn't kill people. People kill people.

Start working on a way to prevent people to take advantage of others. Prevent people to become mislead by the ideas of a few.

People want to live. Preferably in peace.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The quotes are from people who are Muslims, who lead and direct other Muslims. That would seem to make them Muslim leaders.

If the extremists are to represent of regular muslims... then yes, the Westboro Baptist Church would also be "Christian leaders"... as they too have their own following.

they appear to be very wide spread, very violent, and intent on conquering the world starting with the countries in which they've set up shop.

Conquer the world with what exactly? AKs? IEDs? Pressure cooker bombs?
Given the number of US military bases that are wide spread around the world, I'd say its the US that's intent on conquering the world.

They're certainly not Episcopal leaders, and religion is the centerpiece of their mission.
If they paint a false image of Muslims, why wouldn't the leaders of the "true Muslims" stop, or at least strongly discourage them?

You seem to forget that Muslims have take on the Myuslim extremists. For example, the recent unrest in Mali. Then we also have Muslims in the Afghan national army helping your soldiers in the fight against Taliban forces. I guess that isn't good enough for you.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Islam wants the world.

I'll be a whole lot more inclined to believe that when Islamic countries start building Military bases around the world... like the US has done.

Clearly, its the US that wants the world.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join