It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile, Argentina order evacuation around stirring southern volcano

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Chile, Argentina order evacuation around stirring southern volcano

news.yahoo.com

SANTIAGO/BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Chilean and Argentine authorities on Monday declared a red alert and ordered the mandatory evacuation of a 25-km (15.5-mile) radius around the active Copahue volcano, which straddles the border between the two Andean nations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Evacuations and Red Alerts are never good. Interesting timing with the recent solar flares and all. Plus the increased earthquakes like SoCal.

www.myfoxphoenix.com...

I did notice they downgraded Alaskas Pavlof Valcano.

I understand the world is huge and there's always going to be activity. I can't help but see these as all being interrelated.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I posted this link in a related thread.

Some mechanisms are clearly not fully understood and they may play a role in the things that happen. I imagine it would be difficult to get the funding for these kinds of studies.

Thanks, S+F!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

Yes and tragic because it would likely lead to a revelation of new understanding of the marriage between Sun and Earth.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well it does look as though the authorities are taking all of the precautions they can.

I'm ofthe same thought, that the actitivity concerning earthquakes and volcanos (and sun),
along the west coast of the Americas, is all part of something big getting ready to happen.
edit on 29-5-2013 by azureskys because: add on

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

It makes me think of the Maya and their long count calendar. I think they knew the turning of the ages were just as important as the seasonal changes. Knowing the seasonal changes were fundamental to their existence.

From what I can tell they felt equal if not more concern and focus of not just the changing of the ages but the full circle through the ages or precision. Surely make one at least contemplate.

If one lets go of their ego it isn't hard to see that in the past there was something more magnificent then ourselves now. If one acknowledges this concept then surely one would be more interested in the oldest texts we have to get even just a glimmer of the awesomeness that came before and ask ourselves. What went wrong? How can we get there again and keep it? Can the tragedies that befell our ancestors, if they are to be repeated, be prevented? If not why? And what can we do to ensure a future civilization doesn't experience the same.

Under thus circumstance I'd suggest erecting monuments thar when decoded and understood could help the future race. At least we know rock can survive through ages right?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

There's always the Georgia Guidestones, though it is an outlier when compared to all the other monuments constructed to represent our arrogance.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You can't help but see these as related because these are the only damn events you have read about. The fault lines are different, and they share no relation to one another what so other.

This is a horrible and wonderful event, the power of the natural world is awe striking. I just hope the people of the region take the evacuation seriously and move away from the danger zone until it is safe.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Isn't that what so many of you maya-fanboys believe about all the worlds ancient monuments??? Why haven't you unlocked the secrets and saved the world ?

There are marvels all over the world constructed from materials so enormous and heavy, with such precision even those who accept supposed theories scratch their heads and go how.

There are secrets in all the ancient monuments but I don't think anyone has gotten it right yet.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Well of course, I would wager that was possibly the primary reason for many of the sites at least in regards to dimensions, placement, etc. but obviously with additional uses, not unlike things we build today. Not sure what you mean by Maya fanboy, I'm a fan of the ancients and interested in all cultures. So I am a fan of many things.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
According to the HAARP Chemtrails observed recently, this volcano may or may not erupt.

/kidding aside - I hope everyone gets out in time and stays safe

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

You can't help but see these as related because these are the only damn events you have read about. The fault lines are different, and they share no relation to one another what so other.

This is a horrible and wonderful event, the power of the natural world is awe striking. I just hope the people of the region take the evacuation seriously and move away from the danger zone until it is safe.

I would say the is awefully presumptious. What pre-tell led you to the conclusion these are the first articles I have ever read regarding said issue?

Because I can see a connection where others don't? I understand faultlines and I also understand that these plates float. So if there was an external influence it wouldn't take much to in a grandeous scale to influence them all at once. Like a big pull or tug from a gravitational or electro-magnetic influence from the sun.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Hmm, you may be on to something there!

I wonder if the presence of fault lines or volcanic vents has any effect on the permeability of the earth's crust in those regions?

It's a pity I only studied electrical engineering and not geology or I might be able to answer more definitively!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison

Hmm, you may be on to something there!

I try to look at it this way. If our little moon has the ability to influence our massive oceans on a seriously fundamental scale, then why would it be such a stretch to learn the sun has an equal or greater influence on our planet....and not just from warmth.

I will try to be careful here but I want to reference a PPT doc I found from:

www.ucar.edu/educ_outreach/gew/presentations/plate_tectonics_1.ppt

Convection is a familiar phenomenon in planetary science
ocean circulation
atmospheric circulation
Happens in response to (examples follow)
heating by the sun (exterior to Earth)
radioactive elements inside (interior to Earth)
atmospheric absorbers (interior to the atmosphere)
Convection is (only one) way in which a planets cools off.

Taken from "Plate Tectonics Throughout the Solar System" C. Alexander 7/25/02

Basic weather patterns
Hadley circulation
summer vs. winter
Obvious influences on climate
topographic forcing
air-sea interactions such as El Nino
alteration of the chemical composition of the air
volcanic eruptions
human pollution
Less-Obvious influences on climate
water cycle
other cycles (CO2)
chemical absorbers in the atmosphere
biogeochemical cycling

What are some elements of climate?
Changes in (precession) a planets orbital characteristics
the distances of aphelion and perihelion, eccentricity of orbit
the tilt of the axis, & rotation rate

Magnetic Stripes across the ocean floor

Hot lava comes out of the center of the ocean, at a mid-ocean ridge
Whatever the orientation of the Earth’s magnetic field, at the time this lava cools, is frozen into the cooling stone.
The magnetic orientations are either north (+) or south (-), whichever way the magnetic pole was pointed at the time.
Thus, as each new layer of material comes out of the spreading ridge and moves across the ocean floor towards the subducting trench, as time advances, stripes of changing magnetic polarity can be measured across the entirety of the ocean floor.

So as referenced above this clearly shows a direct interaction from the sun and our tectonic plates.
edit on 29-5-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If im right, get right for an earthquake on the west coast.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
According to the HAARP Chemtrails observed recently, this volcano may or may not erupt.

Keep your hands off it and it won't!

new topics

top topics

join