It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about "ancient aliens debunked"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

But science is supposed to be open to exploring and researching new ideas.

The idea that aliens visited Earth in ancient times isn't new. It's at least fifty years old, and has been explored and 'researched' extensively by people like von Däniken, Sitchin, Icke and others. Their claims have been examined by various scientific experts and proved to be false. So what is left now to be explored and researched?

It can't be just about debunking and proving things wrong.

Actually, it is. No statement can ever be proved true beyond any shadow of doubt, but a properly formulated statement can be proved false. Scientists take ideas and turn them into falsifiable statements, which they then proceed to test through research and experiment. Statements that pass these tests are accepted as probably true. The probability approaches certainty the more evidence accumulates, the more tests are passed, but no amount of testing and evidence can make the probability a certainty.

That's why we speak of a theory of gravity, a theory of evolution, a germ theory of disease. We pretty much know these theories are true, but we cannot prove them once and for all, because we can't prove anything.

Now that's understood, let's look at the statement 'aliens visited Earth in ancient days.' Can we disprove this statement? Though not a stitch of genuine evidence exists for alien visitation, we can still imagine that aliens did visit but left no unambiguous traces behind. As I said to CrikeyMagnet earlier, this is an unfalsifiable statement. Science has no truck with unfalsifiable statements. It can do nothing with them.

What is being debunked in Ancient Aliens Debunked? Nothing but the so-called evidence produced by von Daniken and the rest. The possibility of ancient alien contact remains, undebunked. It will always remain, because we can't go back to prehistoric times and see for ourselves. If you want to go on believing, there's really nothing to stop you. Just don't go trying to prove that it's true.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sneaglebob12
Hello everyone.

I recently saw some of the documentary "Ancient Aliens Debunked". I will admit that there were some things that I wish that were not true and after watching parts of the documentary I felt a bit more relieved. However I do not want the theory as a whole to be untrue. I wonder if there are older, possibly neolithic or earlier civilizations that are more advanced than the oldest widely accepted civilizations. I would like to see that as well as unknown writing and other relics that many of us here want to see. So what do you think? Is the theory dead now because of this? Thanks!

I think it was thorough, open-minded, honest and complete in it's destruction of Ancient Aliens being anything but pure speculation by Von Daniken and one of his unpronounceable disciples. Proving that AA has no place on the History Channel. It is entertaining and fits into SyFy programming or one of the New Age channels....but History? No.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Childress is a fraud. You didn't know this?

Harte you have an incredible amount to learn from me. I Am, the one who does know. Everybody in this world is a fraud. You can prove it to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The alien phenomenon must be taken seriously. It has been a constant occurrence throughout history. To pass it off as illusionary is to be lazy. You can perpetuate that it is a physical experience, somehow extraterrestrial craft came here. You can argue it spiritually (in many ways). One of which is that demons can manipulate light to trick you into seeing something that isn't really there. You can argue that it is related to D-M-T. That for some reason the human psyche is particularly fond of this phenomenon.

Regardless of which one of those it is (and more explanations), it is a very important topic to decipher. Imagine it is just in our heads as a purely chemical phenomenon. Why trivialize that? From a philosophical standpoint that is huge. Terence Mckenna is a good source to follow in that perspective's footsteps to a degree.
edit on 5-6-2013 by thirteenserenades because: A Sensor I Wasn't Aware Of

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Harte you have an incredible amount to learn from me. I Am, the one who does know. Everybody in this world is a fraud. You can prove it to me.

Not everyone, but Childress is.

Harte

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Still can't get my name right?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
aliens r the new gods n people like the aa ones use it as a religion,they use the same tactics
as ancient religion guys did.

they know ignorant people will believe them,that people r their target.
they know its impossible to prove theres no aliens,same as religion guys know its impossible to prove theres no god.

they can go on n on as much time as they want.

propaganda is the best weapon in this world.egypcians knew it very well.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Still can't get my name right?

My apology for adding an 's' to your name greyer. I'll take your non response to my points as your concession to them.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Not everyone, but Childress is.

Harte

He's in running to be the poster child for that meme

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Where the hell did this idea come that the AA theory ever said aliens BUILT the great structures of the past? I am a big follower of the theory as well as the show, and I don't believe anyone has every said that aliens actually BUILT structures on Earth.

The theory, according to the show at least, is that civilizations built these structures under the guidance or the worship of such beings. While I'll admit that the show does tend to stretch out its legs in ridiculous ways, there is nothing short of proving the origin of man that would "debunk" the AA theory.

Do you know the origin of man? Does anyone? Know. It is all theory and conjecture. There is evidence based on the linked ideas and similar worship styles of ancient civilizations that aliens did interact with people on the Earth. It is still very plausible.

There is going to be nothing that "debunks" any such claim unless you can interact with every dead human in the history of the Earth. I don't see that happening any time soon.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

There is going to be nothing that "debunks" any such claim unless you can interact with every dead human in the history of the Earth.

Didn't read the whole thread before posting, eh? This argument of yours has already been explored and exploded. Go take a look.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
My apology for adding an 's' to your name greyer.

I'll take your non response to my points as your concession to them.

What a horrible heartless and untruthful apology lol.

What kind of fantasy world does your mind live in?

Well I'm not blaming you buddy and I'm not getting on your case, because you are just simply believing what people tell you and I am just letting you know that they are lying to you.
edit on 8-6-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What kind of fantasy world does your mind live in?

The reality where your world is considered fantasy.

Well I'm not blaming you buddy and I'm not getting on your case, because you are just simply believing what people tell you and I am just letting you know that they are lying to you.

Strange you are the one who appears to take on as true and believe exactly what you're told to believe by the fringe, without any question or independent research. Okay so you are saying everyone is lying to everyone else to include me, so give us a concrete example of just that - in the context of this topic. if you please

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Sorry but I will keep on disagreeing as long as professionals of the highest credibility tell me that the history books are wrong.

Here we even have Egypt telling us that the pyramids were not made by the Ancient Egyptians.

It is when you do more studying that you realize the earth was once ruled by ancient giant kings referred to as gods by ancient man.

Dr. Ala Shaheen addressing an audience about recent discoveries around the Giza Plateau, the location of the Sphinx and Great Pyramid. In a shock statement he implied there might be truth to the theory that a highly advanced civilization, or benevolent extraterrestrials, helped the ancient Egyptians build the oldest of pyramids, the Pyramids of Giza. Stunned, the audience was allowed to ask the professor questions.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Sorry but I will keep on disagreeing as long as professionals of the highest credibility tell me that the history books are wrong.

Dr. Ala Shaheen addressing an audience about recent discoveries around the Giza Plateau, the location of the Sphinx and Great Pyramid. In a shock statement he implied there might be truth to the theory that a highly advanced civilization, or benevolent extraterrestrials, helped the ancient Egyptians build the oldest of pyramids, the Pyramids of Giza. Stunned, the audience was allowed to ask the professor questions.

Sorry dude it's a hoax

"Kindly be informed that I did not gave such stupid statement[s] about aliens and Pyramids. As [I am] Egyptologist I could [not] say such stupid words and ideas."

That hoax is nearly three years old.....and people are still falling for it. The question is why did you accept the un-evidence story without seeing the other side to it? Uncritical acceptance of anything that supports your preconceived viewpoint? lol

It is when you do more studying that you realize the earth was once ruled by ancient giant kings referred to as gods by ancient man.

If you did real studying you would realize that the earth has been ruled by men who made up a lot of stories about gods, demons and spirits to explain why the world acted in the way it did - not having science - they made up these stories to fill the cap for the science they didn't have.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The question is why did you accept the un-evidence story without seeing the other side to it? Uncritical acceptance of anything that supports your preconceived viewpoint?

Good question.

Can you explain that, greyer? You and many others who believe in ancient aliens and other unlikely hypotheses are always calling those who accept the mainstream historical and archaeological account of the past gullible dupes who believe everything the authorities tell them, whose minds are closed to all other possibilities, etc. And now look. Who's gullible now?

I wanted to point out that the Egyptologist story was a hoax, and one that has already been dubunked on ATS at that. But I thought I'd just leave it to Hans.

Any answer at all to his question would be highly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
​​
This is my first post in a long time. I've not been particularly active on this site; however, I do check in periodically. I've read through the various comments on this discussion; and, I watched the entire 3 hour video. I have to admit that I was somewhat surprised by some of Chris White's findings, but not super shocked. I've tried to watch the AA program on several occasions, but couldn't quite put my finger on what bothered me about the series, other than there is only a single "answer" to any anomaly. It's like reverse racism, "humans are too stupid to have done any of these artifacts."

I do think we have many unanswered questions about our past. I do think there has been deliberate and systematic destruction of records over a long period of time. It's not a conspiracy as much as part of "the winner takes all." I think earth is a very volatile planet, prone both local geological and weather damage, plus meteor impacts. We are relatively recent to creating artifacts out of synthetics that may not decay as quickly as things made out of natural materials; but all will eventually decay. I definitely think there is enough evidence to support Atlantis and/or Lemuria as viable theories of an advanced civilization during our past. I think many of our myths and religions are motifs that keep getting rewritten and reapplied to new cultures. But, still, far more has been lost than has managed to survive. I don't think we have even a recognizable percentile of all that has been created and has existed at some time during our long past.

I think the greatest thing about the "Ancient Aliens Debunked" film is how carefully it went through item by item. It didn't just cherry pick some of the more obvious nonsensical theories. I think interpreting the various stylistic art pieces was very illuminating. It proved that these were stylistic elements found throughout a culture's time, not isolated items. This was true of the Mayan Pekal and the Middle Ages art with the sun and the moon being
​anthropomorphically​represented. I was surprised at the outright lies.

But, I now have a "go to" film I can recommend to anyone who starts spouting Stichin and/or AA nonsense. Watch this first and then, we'll talk.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by akaurora

Good comment but

Lemuria

We know who created that myth and for what reason.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yeah, Childress is a fraud, but he doesnt know. Hes too deep into figuring it all out.
I was pretty pissed after watchin the 3rd episode of AA (i think it was seaon 3) because it was obvious that the producers were aiming at the same target that jersey shore gathers, and its a shame.
The show is filled with stupidity, but the theory is still intresting, althou it has very few strong points, and the show sorta dug a nice ditch for those too, as probably very few would want to be associated to such theory after it ''self ridiculed'' .
People like grayer dont do much good either btw.
For those like me that have always been intrested in the subject, being ancient mysteries, not necessarely alines, there is still some good work to be found out there, but be weary of over enthusiastic chracters, like the above mentioned DHC.

Lemuria: it aint relevant how you call it, the fact that sunken cities are present all over the world, some datable to many thousands bc, is enuff to consider it a more than plausable theory. The morphology of the Micronesia alone should be enuff actually, then we have sites like Nan Madol, for which Academia gives no real explaination if not proof of use in ''recent'' times, but would be bette explained if put in a pre-flood context. Yeah, the flood, sure it wasnt a deluge, but the ice that that covered most of the northern emisphere that melted...

Many myths have been proven to be hystorical fact in the past, i dont see a problem into considering it a possibility for it to happen again.

To be fair, i fully support Chriss Dunn's work, but only cause he does real research, as opposed to many he's seen with, and i found his presence in the AA show completley out of context, but i suppose he has to eat too.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bon3z

We can agree that the AA is an interesting theory and once your cut away all the nonsense it remains a possibility unsupported by evidence.

You might want to look at material concerning Dunn, he isn't considered realiable nor his 'research' of scientific value. His conclusions are not supported by any other evidence.

There are sunken cities, the number varies based on whether you accept a number of 'fringe pretend' cities or the ones that actually do exist, those that do are cool!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join