It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Would Like To Share Something Different With You Today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If you want to have a fun time writing something, throw this into the mix. Take a point in your life that is memorable, and throw the concept of 'if' into the mix and consider, 'what could possibly happen 'if' I had done 'this', or chosen that direction in life. This little exercise in our 'past, present, and future' can sometimes be an eyeopener on many levels. Be careful to not let 'remorse' leak in and spoil your day.
I met a young lady in my teens, fell in love with her, had to leave her behind when my parents were re assigned to Cuba, and for whatever reason, my parents decided to terminate my connection with her. They were supposed to mail my letters and give me the letters she sent back. WE never got them. I have since contacted her at the recent demise of her one time husband, with my condolences.
We compared notes about why the other never wrote back and how much more our lives could have (or not) been. I took the opportuniity to take that thread and write a book, 598 pages, 76 chapters, of what our life might have been IF our parents hadn't messed with us.
I wrote it just for her. And she was amazed at how close I had been able to 'imagine' how and who she was during the years we were 'excommunicated'. It was a fun practice and she loves it very much. That, is enough for me. Try it, you might like it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bentheredunthat

First, Welcome and thanks for contributing

Those are some great ideas. I couldnt imagine taking that much time (as I am not really that patient) to write something like that, plus I would have like a 1,000 page trilogy anyway

See you on the boards, NRE.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join