It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Would Like To Share Something Different With You Today.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have been a member here for quite a few years, and have shared and learned information the way that ATS is intended, made a few friends and chatted with people that I have come to care for, the way that someone could care for someone else in the internet world.

While doing that I have seen some members grow, and some stay exactly the same, discuss the same issues, stay in the same forums, and either help others to understand or argue and attempt to make their voices heard. With that said, this is for those members, now this doesnt mean that if you registered today that you are exempt, but I wanted to add that this is also for those that have been here for a while.

Now before I start, I would like to add that this is in the "Gray Area" and for those that may not be aware of what this entails, or are unfamiliar with how this forum works, and arent sure how to respond to this thread, as this is not as the others, then please click here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I took all of last week off the internet, not just ATS but the internet entirely, as I was worn out, confused, and a bit frustrated with things that are happening in this world, for those that are familiar with my threads, or posts, then you probably know that I write from the heart, even though I have less posts then most that have been here as long, I chose wisely on where I post, and when.

I decided to write in the Gray Area as this is something that is more personal than I am usually, and I felt the need to share with you all. Take it or leave it is fine with me.

For many years I have felt that I was different, sometimes not caring what I may be here for, not knowing what to ask, or where to turn to for the truth, and honestly I still feel that way in a sense. On my week off I read, no television, no music, just reading, to see if maybe I was actually missing something, and bombarded myself with the "entertainment" aspect of research, such as scrolling for that sensational thread, or something that caught my eye.

I have realized that I was moving backwards in research all together. Videos, and "if there are no pics it didnt happen" mentality, that I swore I would never do, was happening to me. Even over-looking writing a thread whether it was important to me or not, thinking that ATS wouldnt care about that, so whats the use.

What I normally didnt share here was that I was a researcher of people. All people. I wasnt writing because I was reading as if I was in a room full of people and listening to them have conversations about what they thought life was about, what was important to them, but not so much on how they were going to change it.

My years of research was mainly on subliminal messages, MKUltra, semantics, symbology, psychology, frequencies, etc,. How people thought, why, and what made us who we are, not in the outside world, but here, on ATS, the place that is knowingly one of the best "conspiracy" ( I hate that term) sites on the internet, and with that one of the most watched.

Now before you start to think that I mean the CIA or something I also mean MSM, other websites, lurkers, people that are scared, and looked up a topic and found this site, students, teachers, of school and the schools or the esoteric, and even secret societies. I then opened my eyes a bit wider, while worried if the "average" member would be concerned with what I had to say, I realized that this is much larger than I thought, and I we ALL had and are participating in a much larger view of things.

Ive thought about some of the other valued members that have since either left or were banned, and what their thoughts or maybe even comfortablity may have come from, when we keep our minds closed off, and dont enter into change, when we see the bigger picture and refuse to change ourselves. Not our message but how we relay it, If even 3 or the people/groups that I mentioned are in fact here on ATS, then we have to also be aware that there will be provocations, as our stories arent meant to be exact, or factual but heartfelt enough to change another.

That in fact is the scariest thought. What if WE actually made a difference? What if we start to change collectively, not our opinions or even our message, just to work as a whole.

I know better than to write, oh the government has no real value, or the president is a puppet, or our money is a number and not of value, because you know what that doesnt matter, how we discuss it, the messages we relay, and how we feel about it, when we log off is what matters!

All of our messages are equally important and the researchers before us, were telling us the same thing. We know that there have been whistleblowers since the beginning of time, and the ones who knew how to say it, are the ones that are still relevant today.

I know this is a long shot, but there is something that we have all lost sight of, and IMHO its that we are taught that we need to look forward and never look back. This is the most untruthful, blasphemous, and divisive piece of information that has been ingrained in us for far to long!!

The week that I took off, was in fact spent on looking back, reading books that were written 50-100 years ago, and you know what I realized?? That we are in a spiral of discontent, not because we arent looking for change, or answers, but because we will not look back.

The true purpose of looking back is so that we DONT make the same mistakes twice, or three or four times. We have failed to see what we are supposed to see, because we have lost sight of what in any other time we were meant to look forward too, and that is that we should all be looking back in order to make looking forward easier, and less controlled, with less collateral damage, and more growth.

If you made it this far, than I would like to thank you for taking that time to read this, and lok forward to your replies, also I am going to leave a few sites where you can find some of the books that I have read, and maybe find one that fits you.

Peace, NRE.

Forgotten Books.
www.forgottenbooks.org...

Project Gutenberg
www.gutenberg.org...

Open Library
openlibrary.org...

Online Esoteric Library
www.hermetics.org...

I will add more in a little while.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I don't really know where you are going with this NRE. Maybe I'm having a slow day but could you sum up your intentions in a sentence or two so I understand?

Ta very much

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Are you saying that the clone i left here for spare parts has disappeared?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I apologize if its a lengthy read, but this is the gray area, and there are no real external quotes as this isnt the usual type of thread, its more or less something that I wanted to share, for me to try to summarize what I already wrote to make it shorter I think would cause confusion, of even lose some of what I am trying to say.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It wasn't that it was a lengthy read (sometimes I even read BOOKS
) it was that I couldn't really understand the premise of your thread.

Basically what I got was this: we need to learn from the past or we are doomed to repeat it.

If so, I agree.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Great Stuff NoRegretsEver,
I am an avid reader, and as such, will enjoy delving into the links that you shared.
Thanks! S&F
Mark Twain once said , "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does Rhyme."

edit on 28-5-2013 by Wildmanimal because: Add Quote

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Your thoughts reminds me of what someone said to me.
"Memories are essential"

Its important for us to recall what has happened before, i believe you are correct, by looking back we will be able to move forward.

It makes me wonder what they mean by learning form your own mistakes, why should we when we can learn from those who have been before us.

Thanks NRE, i loved it.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Is it just my computer that makes large typing merge together into a big blob, or is it the same for everyone?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I absolutely agree. Years ago, I was going grocery shopping with my kids and I could hear a woman, sounding frustrated from the next aisle. We wheeled around the corner just in time to see one of her children accidentally knock over what had to be every single cereal box on the shelf in his immediate vicinity. It was an awful mess and the mother just burst into tears. I immediately instructed my children and hers to help sort out the mess as she stood there, overwhelmed and crying. Didn't take us long to sort it out and after we were done, I just looked at her, smiled and was compelled to tell her, "You know, everything really is going to be okay." The look on her face was of total surprise and I didn't know what to say so off we continued on our grocery shopping trip. Only thought about her now and then over the next few months. Then one day, we were having a moving sale when I heard a woman's voice say "It's her! She's real!". Turned and looked to see the same woman, same three kids, but this time with her husband and she looked ecstatic. She told me that she had actually thought after a bit that she had just imagined me because I was like an angel to her that day. I was totally baffled and she explained why she was crying that day. She and her family had been utterly ostracized by the community, her tribe, and even family because she reported that she had been raped by a medicine man (he was later convicted of the crime). They had had to move and her husband had lost his job. Basically, when I ran into her, her whole world was falling apart so when I told her that everything was going to be okay, it meant the world to her because she saw it as being a divine message. I didn't tell her that I was an atheist, lol, but I gave her a big hug and talked with her a while.

Why I share this story with you is that, a lot of times, we don't comprehend the impact that we have on each other. I never imagined in a million years that a few simple words were enough to sustain a total stranger when the world was being pretty unkind but I got a chance to see that that is really how the world works. We're not independent units existing within our own little bubbles. We are a dynamic society where each one of us can affect the other whether it's introducing a new idea or information or just bringing a little hope to somebody else. Powerful stuff.

The pen really can be mightier than the sword. If there is one thing that living with the Navajo taught me, it's that words have power, whether spoken or written. Looking backward at those whose words have withstood the test of time is definitely the way to go.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys.There are many out there that are taught early on there the old is to be fogotten and I think this is why we repeat our mistakes. I have started to read older books that are beginning to change my perception all together.

I find it helpful that many of these books are still available, but for those authors, who most are blacklisted somewhere, those are the voices that spoke the loudest, but were silenced, those are the stories I want to hear, those are the people that had the guts to speak out, but were silenced.

I have often heard some people talk about movies that were originally books, and almost 99% of them say the book was better than the movie, and so much was left out. So I looked up the top 10 (youe opinion may differ on the 10) banned books and their reason.

6 of the 10 on this list were actually made into movies, now why would this be? IMO its because they know most wont even bother to read the book. If they can rescript it, why not call it something else all together? Because they can cause those that can learn at an alternate opinion will not look for it.
712educators.about.com...

The movie can be rescripted and make the interest in the book irrelevant all together.
Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I wanted to share a quote from a book that I read recently that caused me to write this thread.

HUMAN BEINGS ARE TIME-BINDERS
The third semantic circuit handles artifacts and makes a "map" (realitytunnel)
which can be passed on to others, even across generations.
These "maps" may be paintings, blueprints, words, concepts, tools
(with instructions on use transmitted verbally), theories, music, etc.
Human beings (domesticated primates) are symbol-using creatures;
which means, as the pioneer semanticist, Korzybski, noted,
that those who rule symbols, rule us.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I know that this thread may have been heavy, but I hope that the message was clear enough to understand

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

If we can trace back every step we took in life since birth we will understand exactly how we ended up where we are. Looking back does have its use.
Take old books for example, when i read them the first thing that surprises me is how many of the storys ideas and concepts envisoned are adopted in todays world. There is nothing new under the sun as an old proverb goes.

I believe that none of us on an individual level or as a collective species are doing anything that hasnt already occurred in the ancient past.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Taking the looking back idea one step further : Some Western societies have side-lined / ignored so many of our older generation , so much so that the term 'ageist' is now in our language but usually applies to employment laws.

My point is that many of us forget how worldly -wise our older generation is , simply because they have been around longer and had many more life experiences. Families have become diluted from this knowledge as we move to different areas for work etc. Plus there is a very definite message being put across that being young is good /positive - which it is , but we mustn't ignore our older generation - they too have much to offer with their wisdom.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Perhaps this phenomenon spans beyond cyberworlds, and reflects our cravings for instant-gratification.

It's an unfortunate spiral we descend: each generation creates a world in which the new generation mustn't work as hard to survive, so with each new generation, there is less of a likelihood that anyone will look back for some kind of an answer. The more coddled we are, the more spoiled we behave.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
bump

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Is it just my computer that makes large typing merge together into a big blob, or is it the same for everyone?

No. It is not just you. It looks a little worse in your screen shot than it does on my screen. On mine it only slightly blurs... not sure if that's a difference in browser, or what (firefox, here). As a test, I tried ctrl + and ctrl - to change the size of the site / screen and that didn't seem to affect it much....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I am sorry about that. Here it is without the larger font.

I know this is a long shot, but there is something that we all lost sight of, and IMHO its that we are taught, that we need to look forward and never look back. This is the most untruthful, blasphemous, and divisive piece of information that has been taught to us for far to long!

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Hey NRE,

Wonderful opportunity to reflect on life in reflecting on the events that led us to
the present, aka known as "the past". Afterall, the "here" and now is tomorrows
past, surely we must linger a bit longer to enjoy and learn.

I say what mechanic throws away his maintenance logs?

We must alway reflect, lest we lose our way, and thus we always benefit from
looking at angle. What man does not want a time machine, so that he could go...forwards,
and backwards.

One of your best, s&f
bts

edit on 30-5-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

NRE, I have a saying I usually sign with that pretty much says it for me. "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". I must agree with you on all you said and when someone takes the time to write that much, then I take the time to read it. I have never purchased a book just to read the foreword and the index. I read the whole bloody thing! Whether I like it or not! Me thinks it's the Scottish in me.

I am new to this site so I am 'swimming' around looking for the warm spots or the cool spots, depending on my needs. I will be back. (hmmm didn't someone else say that before?)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join